Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks here at work spouting the same line. Milton did fine and if Keyton had caught that one pass then this whole conversation goes away. Milton couldn't have thrown that pass any better.
is it more or is this deja vu from early last year? if the receiver had caught that ball we wouldn’t even be having this discussion…

Overall Tennessee looked pretty good all around Vs Virginia. Bama looked a bit slower Vs MTSU, Georgia looked slower against UT Martin. Ohio State looked slower Vs Indiana. Are there a few concerns? Like the Punter, absolutely. But this isn’t a finished product yet. Vols will have a good ball team
Learned a long time ago not to read a lot into these early games. They're all total mismatches and simply glorified scrimmages. As.we learned the hard way last season, teams like UGA and bama have another gear when faced with an opponent that grabs their interest. We are gonna get everyone's best. If we don't show, we get the SCjr game last season. Underestimate no one.

I am sorry, but putting Duke in the top 25 makes very little sense. Clemson was bad last night but the scoreboard was the only place where Duke was actually the better team. I mean compare to two games below and it is clear that we dominated a lesser opponent in nearly all facets of the game. The exception being Special Teams but even our couple hiccups there can be cleaned up easily. Putting Duke in the Top 25 let alone the Top 15 is just severe over reaction to an emotional game and win against a obviously more talented squad in Clemson. Voters voting with their emotions and not their brains and eyes.
1693930783041.png

1693930808251.png

I’ve seen a bunch of these, some AP voters and some not.

None have us in the top 10, most not even in the top 15 that I’ve seen. I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a top 10 appearance this week.

I think this is awesome!

I hope we drop in the polls. It’s exactly what the team and program needs. Nothing is given - got to earn everything.

And put Colorado #1!

They deserve it

Lol

R.a2ac334b4dc54fe2c84a57e0c9247a3f

I really just hate pre-seaason polls!

The first pool should be after this week 1.

And if you have a pre-season poll then you should be able to throw it out after week 1 and totally rearrange.

This year, more than most years, people seem to be putting way more stock into week 1 results for some reason.

LSU will be a decent to good team, Clemson is going to win at least 8 games, and as far as Deion... Let's just see how it plays out.

That team is going to get blown out at some point this season. Do the wheels fall off? Do they lose to someone they are favored to beat and end up with 3-4 wins?

Yeah he's going to do great compared to the Colorado standard of the last decade, but that was also a guarantee. Dude brought in way too many resources to fail that badly. Gut feeling tells me there's nothing about the way he's running that program that is built for consistency. Whether that is week to week or year to year.
I agree, but I don’t think the point Pate was making hinges on Deion winning 9+ games year 1 or winning a championship. The main point behind his segment was the CFB world has been shown that it’s possible to skip the first 1-2 years of a rebuild by doing what he did with the roster and having the team come out and be competitive out the gate. Fans aren’t going to want to listen to guys like Napier saying “trust the process” as he slowly reshapes the roster and culture over 2-3 years. That’s more the point. The conversations around rebuilds has changed.

Now, can all coaches do what Deion has done with the roster overhaul? Not completely. Deion is a well known personality and former NFL superstar.. he has pull. No name coach who was the OC for some top team won’t have that same pull. I think this is where the conversation that Pate was having falls a little short. It gave us a glimpse of a new reality with rebuilds, but few can do the roster rebuild like he has done.

Interesting segment from Josh Pate on Deion. Says he was texting with some CFB media and agents about him and they were all worried about what he just did. Not because they don’t want him to succeed or anything, but that he just even more depleted patience on CFB HCs.

He goes on to name Napier, Sark, and a couple other newer HCs and says that patience is already thin for most CFB fans of these teams because these coaches aren’t hitting the ground running, but watching Deion do what he did with the roster turnover and then the win this weekend means patience will evaporate completely. All fans will be saying “why should we wait? Look what Deion is doing. Do that here.”

Rebuilds were already being accelerated by the transfer portal overall, but Deion just laid a blueprint down on how to take a perennial loser and turn them into a legitimate team in one offseason.

IMHO, one first week win does not a 'legitimate team' make

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back