Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dabo didn’t have that talent developed whatsoever over the offseason. Klubnik looked like the same newborn foal gallivanting whilst getting his brains knocked around like he did in the Orange Bowl.
Clemson boards need to digest this. They're over there blaming things on Swinney Todd's refusal to use the portal to replace and upgrade talent.

Uh, guys... Your last three losses haven't been talent problems. It's more systemic than that.

That's like saying that a sepsis patient is not drinking enough water.

Is anybody out there a big Eric Cain guy? Just can't get enough of those Eric Cain insights?

He seems like a good dude and does a good job in that host role when the whole crew is there, but I can't listen to him when he's trying to do his own show.

It's a shame VQ didn't bring in Kyler Kerbyson for that role. He would have been a perfect fit.

Dabo didn’t have that talent developed whatsoever over the offseason. Klubnik looked like the same newborn foal gallivanting whilst getting his brains knocked around like he did in the Orange Bowl.
Even Klubnik must see this, thus the drive-by last night coming off the field. I saw that in real time and though, "That's not a good look."

Interesting segment from Josh Pate on Deion. Says he was texting with some CFB media and agents about him and they were all worried about what he just did. Not because they don’t want him to succeed or anything, but that he just even more depleted patience on CFB HCs.

He goes on to name Napier, Sark, and a couple other newer HCs and says that patience is already thin for most CFB fans of these teams because these coaches aren’t hitting the ground running, but watching Deion do what he did with the roster turnover and then the win this weekend means patience will evaporate completely. All fans will be saying “why should we wait? Look what Deion is doing. Do that here.”

Rebuilds were already being accelerated by the transfer portal overall, but Deion just laid a blueprint down on how to take a perennial loser and turn them into a legitimate team in one offseason.

Is anybody out there a big Eric Cain guy? Just can't get enough of those Eric Cain insights?

He seems like a good dude and does a good job in that host role when the whole crew is there, but I can't listen to him when he's trying to do his own show.

It's a shame VQ didn't bring in Kyler Kerbyson for that role. He would have been a perfect fit.
He's an upgrade over Simonton but I still miss Paul Fortenberry. I also don't really understand Eric's role. He's kind of the emcee of VQ, but I thought Austin Price already did fine in that role.

And yes, I like Kyler a lot. Too bad his co-host won't ever let him speak. Dude nearly ruined their podcasts about Dooley and Butch.

From SI article predicting new AP rankings. This narrative is getting old of Milton. Clearly they didn't watch the game. Milton was 70% on the day and would have been 73% and added 80 yds and another TD had Keyton caught that flick of the wrist bomb.
Dumbasses who don't watch the game.

Interesting segment from Josh Pate on Deion. Says he was texting with some CFB media and agents about him and they were all worried about what he just did. Not because they don’t want him to succeed or anything, but that he just even more depleted patience on CFB HCs.

He goes on to name Napier, Sark, and a couple other newer HCs and says that patience is already thin for most CFB fans of these teams because these coaches aren’t hitting the ground running, but watching Deion do what he did with the roster turnover and then the win this weekend means patience will evaporate completely. All fans will be saying “why should we wait? Look what Deion is doing. Do that here.”

Rebuilds were already being accelerated by the transfer portal overall, but Deion just laid a blueprint down on how to take a perennial loser and turn them into a legitimate team in one offseason.
Well at least they won't be blaming CJH for it now.

Good. I'm firmly in the "**** you, got ours" camp of CFB now. Let everyone else make royally bad decisions and churn and burn coaches and rosters for years to come while we field perennial top 5 teams.

It’s hard to fully wrap my head around this Colorado thing. Depending on how the season plays out, it could be a major transformative event in college football.

I can’t wait to see that Nebraska game.

He's an upgrade over Simonton but I still miss Paul Fortenberry. I also don't really understand Eric's role. He's kind of the emcee of VQ, but I thought Austin Price already did fine in that role.

And yes, I like Kyler a lot. Too bad his co-host won't ever let him speak. Dude nearly ruined their podcasts about Dooley and Butch.
I don't like that guy at all lol. They did a PRE-RECORDED podcast last year where that guy was sitting there eating his dinner talking with his mouth full. I don't think I've watched one since.

It’s hard to fully wrap my head around this Colorado thing. Depending on how the season plays out, it could be a major transformative event in college football.

I can’t wait to see that Nebraska game.
Colorado -3 is the spread right now. If I had to bet right now, I’m taking Colorado and the points.

Reactions: peaygolf

This year, more than most years, people seem to be putting way more stock into week 1 results for some reason.

LSU will be a decent to good team, Clemson is going to win at least 8 games, and as far as Deion... Let's just see how it plays out.

That team is going to get blown out at some point this season. Do the wheels fall off? Do they lose to someone they are favored to beat and end up with 3-4 wins?

Yeah he's going to do great compared to the Colorado standard of the last decade, but that was also a guarantee. Dude brought in way too many resources to fail that badly. Gut feeling tells me there's nothing about the way he's running that program that is built for consistency. Whether that is week to week or year to year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back