Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but I don’t think the point Pate was making hinges on Deion winning 9+ games year 1 or winning a championship. The main point behind his segment was the CFB world has been shown that it’s possible to skip the first 1-2 years of a rebuild by doing what he did with the roster and having the team come out and be competitive out the gate. Fans aren’t going to want to listen to guys like Napier saying “trust the process” as he slowly reshapes the roster and culture over 2-3 years. That’s more the point. The conversations around rebuilds has changed.

Now, can all coaches do what Deion has done with the roster overhaul? Not completely. Deion is a well known personality and former NFL superstar.. he has pull. No name coach who was the OC for some top team won’t have that same pull. I think this is where the conversation that Pate was having falls a little short. It gave us a glimpse of a new reality with rebuilds, but few can do the roster rebuild like he has done.

What’s also interesting is the team that took the 2nd most portal players (30+ I believe) was Tx St who upset Baylor. And their HC came from FCS. If they have a good season and show more than just 1 game that will give credence that Deon isn’t an outlier

What’s also interesting is the team that took the 2nd most portal players (30+ I believe) was Tx St who upset Baylor. And their HC came from FCS. If they have a good season and show more than just 1 game that will give credence that Deon isn’t an outlier
Didn’t know that about Texas State. Great find.

Freak provides us with everything we need. Every offensive snap.

You have to be mentally challenged to watch that and think our offense was bad or Joe Milton was bad.

It was an elite performance except for the few times UVA made plays, Keyton drop and two off throws. It was very close to perfect and the offensive line MAULED them. I couldn't tell if anyone struggled up front. Milton ran really well, he made the right reads and was accurate.

One other thing was we started in really great field position most of the time because Dee is incredible. Shorter field, run the ball more, and throw less.

I was there with my dad whose a UVA grad and he was very confused when Vol fans were freaking out about Milton because all he saw was Milton destroying his Cavs lol

Just subscribed to You Tube , myself and a few friends pitched in on it a little can I use your subscription action....keeping Spectrum though lol..... Now I have Spectrum, YouTube T.V., Peacock, Prime Video for Thursday night NFL, ESPN + and Disney for grandkids.... Might add Hulu as well no stone left unturned...
I’m on my stepdaughter’s Hulu sub and it’s bundled with ESPN and Disney+. I think it’s $80 a month, but it provides all television provider needs…if a little clunky.

also, i don't think we move at all in the polls.

And likely won't move until we whoop FLA.

I don't think anyone outside this program actually believes the Vols are real.

The one nice thing about our tough schedule is, that we have a chance to prove how good we are on the field. Don’t worry about early polls, if we beat everyone, we’re going to the SECCG and likely the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back