Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you were wrong about the Jauan vs tabor play and now you’re making stuff up about those plays. Go back and watch the pitt td for Bru. He was one on one on the outside split wide by himself. And against Florida he got a couple of steps in front of the db and was not in a stack formation. He was out wide and squirrel was in the slot. Neither were busted coverages. YoUr FoOTbaLl aCUmen is PiSs PoOr. Go back and watch
yes I was wrong about both plays you referenced. However he was matched up on a safety against UF out wide regardless he made plays just as Juan made plays. Neither are going to out run many. However toughness is something that makes up for speed and reliability. Each has made their case in a UT uniform. Probably two of my 10 favorites. And yes the UF play was a bust.

What was it? Seven seconds? I think it's very iffy and Heupel made the right call. You could throw a fade, I guess, but there could be a bad snap, a pick, a sack. Too risky IMO. And we did need those 3 points.
Heupel is a very aggressive coach and it has bitten us in the butts several times this year. He coached more conservatively yesterday and I think it was the right call.

If our pass rush is allowed to work we will beat Mizzou. If they get held every play without any calls it will be a dogfight.
Expect a dog fight. PlanetVol just looked up that we have had a grand total of 2 OL holding penalties against our DL all year in 8 GAMES! That’s insane.

So anyone else notice we finally had a WR running wide open who caught the ball? I'm really hoping the lights have come on a bit for Nimrod and Donte. They both looked better last night.
I like the rapport Joe and Thornton had that game, play broke down, veteran WR knew what to do. You can tell he wants to get on the same page with No. 1, earlier games he would look his way on crucial downs, he just dropped them.

Ok I did the research

There have been a total of two holding calls on our opponents

One at the end of the game against A&M

One at the beginning of the game against Florida

99.999% of every snap against our d-line has involved flawless blocking folks.
From TOS:

Tennessee vs SEC Opponents
2022:

1698600721218.png

Opponent Total: 73
Tennessee Total: 62

2023:

1698600734307.png

Opponent Total: 20
Tennessee Total: 47

Ive seen throw back jerseys but I've never seen a team go back to their former team. Like I said y'all can have it. I've tried to like the Titans and I can't make myself like them.
Every single NBA team that has ever moved has done it. The Titans are different because they're the only one that moved away and changed their name while retaining their history. The Browns became the Ravens, but the Browns today are an expansion franchise so the Ravens don't affiliate themselves with the Browns.

It's just a cool fun thing to do that has nothing to do with "going back to their former team" it's just a totally normal and expected thing that every professional team ever would do because they can make money off of it and every Titans fan likes it.

Go jump on the Chiefs bandwagon or something.

Reactions: Netterweb
Every single NBA team that has ever moved has done it. The Titans are different because they're the only one that moved away and changed their name while retaining their history. The Browns became the Ravens, but the Browns today are an expansion franchise so the Ravens don't affiliate themselves with the Browns.

It's just a cool fun thing to do that has nothing to do with "going back to their former team" it's just a totally normal and expected thing that every professional team ever would do because they can make money off of it and every Titans fan likes it.

Go jump on the Chiefs bandwagon or something.
Nah, I don't watch much of any NFL anymore. I'm happy for you though.

Damn, then they only would have lost 30-27.
They were gifted 7 on the prior drive when on 3rd and 8 they allowed Baron to get in a chokehold again and converted. Should have been 3rd and 18 and a punt to us. We more than likely would've shored a TD instead of a FG (at end of half when we ran out of time). Then we'd be up 27-10 with them driving to get within 10 at halftime. Later, on the same drive their TE held our DB on the TD run. Should have been 1st and goal on the 17. That one really didn't matter though because the drive should have ended with the Baron hold mentioned above.

Still don’t understand chasing points early rather than later. McVay puts gimpy Stafford up to make it a 22 point lead instead of 23…now he’s shaking his hand. 😵‍💫

Reactions: knoxvol52
Watching the game...how in the heck is Pearce able to throw these OL around like he does?...and he is just a sophomore...he is just going to get stronger..

The only way Kentuckies cheating OL was able to keep him off Leary was by grabbing him...I just watched one play in the 3rd in particular and the OL literally stuck his arm down JPs jersey collar and jerked him back around as JP was running by after knocking the OL straight backwards several feet right off the snap.

They were doing this to our DEs on both sides on literally almost every drop back to one degree or another.
The SEC Office is crooked.

No one who knows what to look for -- or who is not for some warped reason determined not to see it or to deny it regardless of seeing it -- can honestly think otherwise.

The networks play are large role in the coverups. I have previously explained the weird psychological phenomenon whereby TV voiceovers overwrite the direct experiences of many viewers. All the talking head shows that people what to feel lime they're in the "know" do the same. Control of game replays is powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back