Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're definitely getting officiating bias against us this season...I am more curious of why though. It could be SEC hate straight up, could be the zebras hate towards tempo, but it could also be the "unofficial" punishment from the SEC for the Pruitt situation. I think the league was not happy about how much information we handed out freely to the NCAA when sticking it to Pruitt. One reason I believe this to be the case is how collectively the coaches, players, and AD are dodging and staying pretty silent about officiating in general.

So I almost get the vibe that the SEC has given some sort of reply that says "this is what you're going to endure." I think after that Ole Miss game in year 1 they (SEC/officials) backed off last year because they didn't want to appear to be screwing one of the best teams in conference. But this year I think at this point it seems pretty hard to dispute something fishy is going on well above simple incompetency in officiating cause if that was truly the case we wouldn't keep seeing the same familiar faces in stripes for our games.

I forgot they played at Vanderbilt. Yeesh.

It sucked, but it was kind of funny because I remember the jokes about it's the only sell outs Vandy had seen there lol

I actually think the owners handled that move pretty well, they told Nashville and the state they'd rebrand when they moved into their new stadium. I remember the polls and fan voting to help with narrowing down the potential new name/mascot of the team too. The first year as the Titans officially they made the Super Bowl. My dad had a brand new big screen (just a 57" square model back then lol) delivered in the snow the Saturday evening before. Delivery guy left a big "Go Titans!" on the slip. Good times.

I think we're definitely getting officiating bias against us this season...I am more curious of why though. It could be SEC hate straight up, could be the zebras hate towards tempo, but it could also be the "unofficial" punishment from the SEC for the Pruitt situation. I think the league was not happy about how much information we handed out freely to the NCAA when sticking it to Pruitt. One reason I believe this to be the case is how collectively the coaches, players, and AD are dodging and staying pretty silent about officiating in general.

So I almost get the vibe that the SEC has given some sort of reply that says "this is what you're going to endure." I think after that Ole Miss game in year 1 they (SEC/officials) backed off last year because they didn't want to appear to be screwing one of the best teams in conference. But this year I think at this point it seems pretty hard to dispute something fishy is going on well above simple incompetency in officiating cause if that was truly the case we wouldn't keep seeing the same familiar faces in stripes for our games.
I mean they're silent because they don't want to be fined, but I do think some of it comes back to last season. Remember coaches were screaming we got top good too fast after the penalties. Coaches behind the scenes probably lobbied for this. As well as the officials hatred for our tempo.

His comment alone shows how dumb he is. No one is arguing about our team’s penalties and we are undisciplined at times. I think we all own that. It’s the fact that Alabama and Kentucky are right there with us as undisciplined and penalized teams. Bama’s weakness was giving up sacks and all of a sudden we can’t get pressure or sacks and there are 0 holds called.
And EVERY one of those penalties on Bama last year were legit, Bamas arrogant pkayers and stupid inbred idiot fans are just used to getting away with the cheating 💩 like they did this year...Saban made sure that would never happen again after last year and went further...he and his puppet have tried to make sure we would never climb out of the hole we've been in for 15 years.

Alabama has THRIVED in our absence at the top and they want to keep it that way.

I’m beginning to think this is why it looked like the D didn’t come out to play the 2nd half….
@Glitch

do-it-ricky-berwick.gif

To continue...

This is even wilder, but a subject of speculation for quite a while on account of the way Harbaugh, the AD, and top UM administrators suppressed all information all year.

From a Wisconsin board:
Let It Burn GIFs | Tenor

Well, if what you suspect is the case: the officials involved, the supervisor of officiating in Birmingham, the supervisor of that supervisor, everyone in Birmingham who has participated remotely in an in-game review (which is a peculiar practice), everyone who signed off on Birmingham participating in in-game reviews, and Sankey himself should be immediately terminated along with all benefits accrued, and the office should be moved.

Heard Chris Doering going on and on about the “fight” of South Carolina. Guy said “ I can’t say enough ab Shane Beamer and his ability to get this team ready to fight” lol not even kidding. Is he actually watching games? He’s spinning it hard. You would think Carolina won on Saturday. I know he loves Shane and always has but damn man.

I mean they're silent because they don't want to be fined, but I do think some of it comes back to last season. Remember coaches were screaming we got top good too fast after the penalties. Coaches behind the scenes probably lobbied for this. As well as the officials hatred for our tempo.

SEC can't fine players (yet). I think in general from top down there's been a bit of a "let's get a bit further away from our recent problems before we poke the bear"

I don't love that approach...I think the moment it started (Ole Miss) to now it should be a constant drum beat even if not in post game Heupel not being more animated during games (like Beamer, Stoops, Saban, Kirby etc. are) has be more than just "he's not like that."

I don't blame the officials for all our losses. As last night, you can overcome biased officiating. I do believe the SEC office has an agenda and gives teams an advantage through the officials. I think it's on full display this year. For those that don't believe it, they're simply relying on faith that it could never happen because, as displayed by the stats, it's there in black and white if you choose to see it.

The motive behind it is arguable. I have my theories and have espoused them. I think Skanks runs this league at the behest of Saban. It's a crooked league.

I mean, if this is true- then wouldn’t saban want anyone else but Georgia in the sec tittle game played in Atlanta?

In other words - wouldn’t Georgia be getting screwed by calls as well?

Well, if what you suspect is the case: the officials involved, the supervisor of officiating in Birmingham, the supervisor of that supervisor, everyone in Birmingham who has participated remotely in an in-game review (which is a peculiar practice), everyone who signed off on Birmingham participating in in-game reviews, and Sankey himself should be immediately terminated along with all benefits accrued, and the office should be moved.

You watch, Saban will retire within 2 years of Texas coming into conference. Because that program and the money behind it won't put up with Bama Bias. The question will just be does the bias transfer to Texas or fade out completely?

SEC can't fine players (yet). I think in general from top down there's been a bit of a "let's get a bit further away from our recent problems before we poke the bear"

I don't love that approach...I think the moment it started (Ole Miss) to now it should be a constant drum beat even if not in post game Heupel not being more animated during games (like Beamer, Stoops, Saban, Kirby etc. are) has be more than just "he's not like that."
In all fairness, I don't think the OM game was us getting cheated as much as just incompetence. However I think the Bama and UK games this year have proven there is a clear bias, and I still think the worst is yet to come. Imo the second half of the Bama game will look like child's play if the UGA game is close late.

Heard Chris Doering going on and on about the “fight” of South Carolina. Guy said “ I can’t say enough ab Shane Beamer and his ability to get this team ready to fight” lol not even kidding. Is he actually watching games? He’s spinning it hard. You would think Carolina won on Saturday. I know he loves Shane and always has but damn man.

I agree with Doering! Beamer deserves a bunch of praise and should not at all be on the hot seat! Hell, give him a lifetime contract.

Also just to be clear, I think the SEC has a winner bias not purely Bama/Saban.

Nicky just proved himself early on to be a horse you could hook the cart to. If Cal wasn't fumbling the bag the Wildcats would still be getting it themselves in basketball (they still get some favoritism, but it's really pulled back).

So Kirby could be the next cart puller if he can keep winning without pulling a Les Miles/Ed O level of fumble. "Win us championships by any means necessary, but don't get caught"

I've been wondering all year what the firing of Harbaugh's assistant offensive coordinator over university computer use was about, how and why the substance of that was suppressed, how Harbaugh got a pass on it without explanation, and why the media immediately "forgot" it like it had never happened.

Look at this! From a Michigan blog.

I was told this morning from a coach who has heard that the coach who was fired was just the fall guy. He heard these rumors last spring. This goes much deeper. That makes a lot of sense. Most coaches are not going to have the skills to hack systems by themselves.

I question anyone who sees Shane Beamer at any point and likes him. Talking heads, recruits, etc. That dude is an unlikeable idiot every time he opens his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back