Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this imbecile Kensucky fan going out of his way to construe any success Levis has to be a huge (dishonest) slight to UT football?

I know Lube U fans tend to be mental defectives, but it looks like something the Titans would really not appreciate.
I think because we are literally all they think about. You'd think us beating the dog**** put of them non-stop for 40 years would temper that but no. Same as that dude telling us Leary was going to drop 40 on us because of an unimpressive, high school-esque practice video.

Why is this imbecile Kensucky fan going out of his way to construe any success Levis has to be a huge (dishonest) slight to UT football?

I know Lube U fans tend to be mental defectives, but it looks like something the Titans would really not appreciate.
Levis brought it on himself by being a paper tiger. And all of the things that go along with projecting greatness, unearned.

The Barnes Boys look really special. Will need to fine tune the rotations and get used to playing together, but wow, he's built a stud roster! Need a FF to stop the nega chatter.

I think the O is finally finding an identity as Joe builds confidence and Heup identifies how best to get it done. After the USCe debacle last season the D secondary play improved, so hopefully that is on tap for the rest of the season. Let's get the young guys some good playing time in key positions this week to prepare for the November run.

Shove the B-Ham Conference cheating by officials in their faces.
I think we need to prepare ourselves for the same defensive game plan against Mizzou. They can actually run it and throw it well. I think we try to take the run away, and play soft zone all game. Make them drive it down the field and try to hold them to FGs. I hate that game plan but I don’t see us matching up with their WRs in man. The interesting game plan will be against Georgia. Their run game is average this year. Can we stop them with the front 4 and try to slow down the passing game more? If so, how do we do this if the DL is allowed to be held the entire game. We need to get pressure in both games all night to rattle the QBs.

I don’t get it. Not a good pass. Short and inside. If the cb plays the ball instead of trying to ride the wr out of bounds, it’s an interception.
I didn't stoop to click it, but trust your assessment. Surely the imbecile straining to turn Vols fans against the Titans is a mental defective.

Last edited:
We're winning despite not looking all that good. There are a lot of teams in the top 10 that have yet to lose that also fit that description. I haven't seen a lot of great looking teams this year. Just haven't. I think our season will hinge on the Mizzou game because even though UGA is coming to Neyland I don't think we're consistent enough on offense to challenge them.
Mizzou is a really good football team this year...beating this Mizzou team in Columbia with this beat up, flawed Vols team will be a pretty great accomplishment imo.

If the refs will just let our pass rush work, and the Joe and Co offense that played in Lexington shows up again...we can win that game....but it will be tough no matter what.

Watching Joe's highlights by Tone on YouTube and a big miss on a DPI early when Joe threw a bomb to Keyton.

We're not getting DPI calls OR Offensive Holding calls at all this season in meaningful games...so damn frustrating.
I remember that play, and Jesse Palmer supporting the no call with a BS line about how the CB had their head turned. Doesn't matter if you're holding onto the receiver.

So Joe was 17 of 20 and 2 of those misses were deep balls where a DPI should have been called. VERY efficient game passing from him. I think he needs to be a bit more decisive when running if guys are covered because when it's a designed run he does really well seems like the decision of "should I run or wait or throw it away" is where he gets in trouble a bit.

I also will say the WR group isn't blocking nearly as well as they could be. Part of that is inexperience and part of that is Bru going down. White tries, but he's just not got the size or strength to really bother many of the defenders.

I remember that play, and Jesse Palmer supporting the no call with a BS line about how the CB had their head turned. Doesn't matter if you're holding onto the receiver.
Yep.

The DB who committed the obvious (no-call) holding/PI (he did both at different moments) had to turn his head to continue fouling because Keyton had run past him. 😂 Turning his head had no bearing on the obvious penalty he committed and it was hardly a matter of good technique.😂

Last edited:
Do you know how many times our SEC opponents were flagged for defensive holding or DPI last year? 18.

This year? 2.
"That is absolutely not on purpose to stop Tennessee's progression, it's just poor incompetent officials, you conspiracy nuts are stupid"....Volbeast33 and several others..🥴

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back