Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering all year what the firing of Harbaugh's assistant offensive coordinator over university computer use was about, how and why the substance of that was suppressed, how Harbaugh got a pass on it without explanation, and why the media immediately "forgot" it like it had never happened.

Look at this! From a Michigan blog.

I choose to believe this 100%. Also, after reading the detail in that, I am glad to know that MIT Beaver is alive and well somewhere in Michigan. 🤣

Ok I did the research

There have been a total of two holding calls on our opponents

One at the end of the game against A&M

One at the beginning of the game against Florida

99.999% of every snap against our d-line has involved flawless blocking folks.
"Not on purpose to stop Tennessee's progression back to elite status where they can disrupt the UGA-Bama status quo, you conspiracy nuts are idiots"....VN naysayers 🥴

Watching Joe's highlights by Tone on YouTube and a big miss on a DPI early when Joe threw a bomb to Keyton.

We're not getting DPI calls OR Offensive Holding calls on opponents at all this season in meaningful games...so damn frustrating.

I didn’t understand how no flag was thrown on the ball to Squirrel where the defender clearly got there early, ran right into White, and never even attempted to look for the ball.

I get missing ticky tacky stuff sometimes but there’s been A LOT of blatant pass interference’s vs us that don’t get called.

It’s why I have zero confidence against Georgia. They’re already a good defense but you absolutely know Kirby is going to tell his guys to hand fight us all the way down the field and nothing will be done.

Heupel is a very aggressive coach and it has bitten us in the butts several times this year. He coached more conservatively yesterday and I think it was the right call.
I think he finally learned the lesson the hard way that he can't be as aggressive as he likes to be with this particular group of offensive players....I hope we can be again at some point in the future....it's really fun to watch him be himself.

Ive seen throw back jerseys but I've never seen a team go back to their former team. Like I said y'all can have it. I've tried to like the Titans and I can't make myself like them.

Titians suck tho. Oilers look like a much better team. Should be Oilers again and only be Titans for throwback games

Also, I saw an interesting theory related to the Michigan sign stealing...

They (Michigan) handed South Carolina (6-4 at time) the signals for Tennessee and Clemson to make their (Michigan's) path to the playoffs easier.

Against us it didn't seem to help them on defense as much, because tempo kind of helps negate something like that. But it helped them a ton on offense. Clemson's worst offensive yards game of the season was at Notre Dame, their second worst to South Carolina and they threw for 27.6% that game South Carolina was also Clemson's worst defensive game at home and only Wake Forest and FSU put up more yards (both of those games were on the road).

Of course the person talking about this theory had figured out that Michigan has a positional coach that was once at South Carolina and even had previously worked with Beamer on another staff. I mean with how bad our pass defense was last season it's easy to dismiss us as just getting torched. But Rattler had 1 300 yard game all season before he played us and had only thrown more than 2 TDs in one game prior (at Vandy) it was also the first game of the season where he completed more than 25 passes.

We still roasted their defense, but it was the only game Hooker played in for the year where we threw under 60% completion and was also the only time at Tennessee where Hooker threw for 25 attempts or more and was under 60% o_O

What in the world? Oregon State lost to their second unranked team last night. I’m now convinced that no one pays attention anymore.

Edit: Ok, maybe WSU was ranked at the time but they are terrible.

I mean this poll literally doesn’t matter tho. Only 1 does and it comes out tomorrow

I didn’t understand how no flag was thrown on the ball to Squirrel where the defender clearly got there early, ran right into White, and never even attempted to look for the ball.

I get missing ticky tacky stuff sometimes but there’s been A LOT of blatant pass interference’s vs us that don’t get called.

It’s why I have zero confidence against Georgia. They’re already a good defense but you absolutely know Kirby is going to tell his guys to hand fight us all the way down the field and nothing will be done.

Yeah those drive me more insane than the missed holding. Because like most former OL say "there's holding on every play, it's just a question of are they going to call it or not" but when it's a deep ball 1 on 1 and you got at least 2 officials watching it how do you miss those?

Lol, I didn't need those stats to be pizzed off. You can see it from a mile away. Some need to be hit by a truck to know it's big, heavy, and it hurts if you get hit by it. Some know it without experiencing it. 😅
I've said it a dozen times already...whatever little smidgen of doubt I had that it was an on purpose screwjob of Tennessee this year was absolutely destroyed in Tuscaloosa.

It really is criminal...and the naysayers are why it will continue to happen to us. If all of VN and our lawmakers would scream as loudly as the did in the Shiano uprising...we could put a stop to it...or at least a nationwide spotlight on it.

The stats in this case SCREAM the truth...but as you said, I did not need to see them to know what was going on all year...even against the scrub teams.

Weren't the Titans known as the Tennessee Oilers for a while?

For 2 seasons, 1997 and 1998. They were renamed the Titans in their 3rd season in Nashville and it was also their first season playing in their current stadium. 1997 they were at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium (in Memphis) for home games, and in 1998 they played home games at Vanderbilt stadium.

For 2 seasons, 1997 and 1998. They were renamed the Titans in their 3rd season in Nashville and it was also their first season playing in their current stadium. 1997 they were at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium (in Memphis) for home games, and in 1998 they played home games at Vanderbilt stadium.
I forgot they played at Vanderbilt. Yeesh.

I don't blame the officials for all our losses. As last night, you can overcome biased officiating. I do believe the SEC office has an agenda and gives teams an advantage through the officials. I think it's on full display this year. For those that don't believe it, they're simply relying on faith that it could never happen because, as displayed by the stats, it's there in black and white if you choose to see it.

The motive behind it is arguable. I have my theories and have espoused them. I think Skanks runs this league at the behest of Saban. It's a crooked league.
I think you nailed the motive.

I choose to believe this 100%. Also, after reading the detail in that, I am glad to know that MIT Beaver is alive and well somewhere in Michigan. 🤣
😂 The other post (Wisconsin board) suggesting the U Michigan computers that football coaches misused was linked to kiddie pron is prolly true too. 😂

Seriously, whatever happened was serious enough that an assistant OC had to take a fall for Harbaugh, and bad enough that Michigan, Michigan's press, and the national press has covered up the entire episode since.

Remember when I told y’all about all the health problems with family and friends but it wasn’t me this time? Well, fell today and shattered my wrist. Appreciate prayers. Lot of pain and will need surgery.
No back hand springs for a while. @VolsDoc81TX will have to step in while you are on the IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back