Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizzou is a really good football team this year...beating this Mizzou team in Columbia with this beat up, flawed Vols team will be a pretty great accomplishment imo.

If the refs will just let our pass rush work, and the Joe and Co offense that played in Lexington shows up again...we can win that game....but it will be tough no matter what.
Easy schedule is making them look better. They don’t stop the run well. I think we beat them more than we beat Kentucky by.

The city of Houston practically forced them out of the city. So she has a right to troll the old social set in Houston, because it’s literally their fault that Tennessee has had a team since 1997 to begin with

AND the city was so stupid they didn’t even try to hold onto the Oilers rights like Cleveland did before they moved to Baltimore

City of Houston is at fault
Well, if that is correct, it is nonetheless completely flat-footed on her part not grasp how her preening Houston obsession and regalia mania plays in Tennessee. Like I said earlier, without that I think the throwbacks would have been a big hit.

Last edited:
Wasn't Nico rumored to be out that game, too? We were looking at Gaston debuting in the Swamp if something were to have happened?
This is what concerns me for next year. We have Nico with no experience, talented freshman in Merk, Gaston whom I think is a solid walk-on. We are very inexperienced there should an injury occur.

Reactions: VFLBerg
I think we're definitely getting officiating bias against us this season...I am more curious of why though. It could be SEC hate straight up, could be the zebras hate towards tempo, but it could also be the "unofficial" punishment from the SEC for the Pruitt situation. I think the league was not happy about how much information we handed out freely to the NCAA when sticking it to Pruitt. One reason I believe this to be the case is how collectively the coaches, players, and AD are dodging and staying pretty silent about officiating in general.

So I almost get the vibe that the SEC has given some sort of reply that says "this is what you're going to endure." I think after that Ole Miss game in year 1 they (SEC/officials) backed off last year because they didn't want to appear to be screwing one of the best teams in conference. But this year I think at this point it seems pretty hard to dispute something fishy is going on well above simple incompetency in officiating cause if that was truly the case we wouldn't keep seeing the same familiar faces in stripes for our games.

If this is truly the case, I would expect for DW to be the “tip of the spear” for us regarding Stanley and the SEC officials. Maybe that IS what is going on and that is why Heuple gives the response he does in the pc’s after the games.

Easy schedule is making them look better. They don’t stop the run well. I think we beat them more than we beat Kentucky by.

They're 9th in passing yards allowed, 5th in rushing yards allowed, 7th in total yards allowed, and 9th in points allowed per game. Doesn't seem too bad, but then you remover they have played the 4th weakest SOS in the SEC so far.

MTSU is 107th in rushing yards per game
Kansas State is 5th
Memphis is 57th
Vanderbilt 124th
LSU 14th
Kentucky 81st
South Carolina 128th

Vols are 7th.

Yardage wise Kansas State and LSU are the only two teams they've faced who rack up more than us. Kansas State went for 27 points and 408 total yards, LSU scored 49 and went for 533 yards
Kansas State is the only defense they've faced that allows less PPG than us, but we will be the best defense they've faced in yards given up.

If it was in Neyland I'd really like our chances, but it being a road game I'm not sure. I do think we can win by more than 6 points though, but it could be a shootout with both teams scoring 30+

What is the story here? Missed itc

Michigan in big time scandal over stealing signals from opponents, rumor circulating that South Carolina might have gotten them last season for games against us and Clemson (because we were both potential playoff teams the wolverines didn't want to face).

Well, there you have it!
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

I've been wondering all year what the firing of Harbaugh's assistant offensive coordinator over university computer use was about, how and why the substance of that was suppressed, how Harbaugh got a pass on it without explanation, and why the media immediately "forgot" it like it had never happened.

Look at this! From a Michigan blog.

Oh my. Cockgate just got way bigger.

What is the story here? Missed itc
There is very strong evidence that Harbaugh's Michigan illegally obtained the signs of opponents last year.

There are further allegations that Michigan scouted possible playoff opponents, including us and Clemson, and illicitly provided our signs to Beamer before last year's game (and the same with Clemson). This with the intention of knocking us out of the playoffs in a corrupt manner. It is suggested that it accounts for SCar's anomolous two games late year as compared to everything Beamer before and after. It has further grounding in the revelation that Beamer in the past cheated by obtaining an opponents playbook before a game. It is also said that TCU was forewarned by another coach (I think a B1G coach) that Michigan had TCU's signals; but that TCU (with a month to prepare) changed their signs and frustrated the intentions of Harbaugh's Michigan and whipping the his team.

Maybe try doing a search for "playoff" in this thread for details. I don't recall them all.

It looks like the media wants to suppress the angle involving us (based on their largely ignoring it). And truly it would impugn the legitimacy of last year's playoffs. Which is a strong reason for a journalist (if there were an actual journalist) to investigate it, but provides a strong reason for a media member riding the CFP financial gravy train to suppress it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back