Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is very strong evidence that Harbaugh's Michigan illegally obtained the signs of opponents last year.

There are further allegations that Michigan scouted possible playoff opponents, including us and Clemson, and illicitly provided our signs to Beamer before last year's game (and the same with Clemson). This with the intention of knocking us out of the playoffs in a corrupt manner. It is suggested that it accounts for SCar's anomolous two games late year as compared to everything Beamer before and after. It has further grounding in the revelation that Beamer in the past cheated by obtaining an opponents playbook before a game. It is also said that TCU was forewarned by another coach (I think a B1G coach) that Michigan had TCU's signals; but that TCU (with a month to prepare) changed their signs and frustrated the intentions of Harbaugh's Michigan and whipping the his team.

Maybe try doing a search for "playoff" in this thread for details. I don't recall them all.

It looks like the media wants to suppress the angle involving us (based on their largely ignoring it). And truly it would impugn the legitimacy of last year's playoffs. Which is a strong reason for a journalist (if there were an actual journalist) to investigate it, but provides a strong reason for a media member riding the CFP financial gravy train to suppress it.
Wow! That really would explain the weird way SC was able to win those 2 games!

wow I hadn't thought of that but it's not a bad theory
That the SEC office and several teams have wanted us further punished and have been angry that we recovered so quickly from what looked like another disastrous train wreck, only to be redeemed by DW and CJH, was suggested by LA Vol quite a while back, iirc.

Depends on what sort of experience staff likes, but I could see them putting Navy on scholarship. He's a RS-Junior and will be entering his 3rd year here next year. Will know the offense as well as anyone. But they could pickup someone from the portal, just going to be hard to get a really good talent with Nico being the clear QB1 I think.

I'm more worried about the OL, although seeing the way this year's squad has played with 2 transfers has be a little less worried.

Crawford, Ollie, and Campbell are the only 2 OL that have started who have no more eligibility left.

Cooper, Spraggins, Mincey, Dayne all have one more year available if they want to return (Cooper and Spraggins I'd think have the best shot of getting drafted in the upcoming draft).

So will be interesting to see who comes back and who steps up.
I agree that there is an issue with being able to get a quality QB to transfer here through the portal to be a backup. However, I think the even bigger issue is that any QB that did transfer here would have no knowledge of our offensive system. As a result, I doubt they'd be a real upgrade over Gaston Moore or Merklinger anyway, particularly in the first half of the season.

I can't wait for Knecht to hit on a 4 point play to hear an announcer say.."Knecht 4!"..lol

I'm sure we'll hear them say "Zeigler to Knecht for 3!" a few times this year, which might be confusing if you are listening but not watching the game...

Kind of like when Jabari Small got a 2 yard gain Saturday and the announcer said "That was a Small gain for 2 yards."

Wow! That really would explain the weird way SC was able to win those 2 games!
A SCar twitter mainstay accidentally confirmed or at least unwittingly vouched for the truth of the sign stealing by mockingly posting that Vol fans are stupid to think that SCar cheating by illicitly obtaining and using Tennessee's signs was the "only" (!!!) reason that SCar won. 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Coach Hyper said we’re wearing special uniforms on Saturday to honor Pat Summitt. Get some nice Lady Vol blue in there.
I figured pre-season. Hope we don't trot ourselves out there in powder puff blue helmets. 😂 I hear they will be orange, actually.

Prolly a blue outline on the white numbers? Or pant stripes? Idk. I think a patch or helmet decal would be just right.

I don't think every homecoming should be about Pat (revere her, as we all of course do), but with UConn coming to town I can see that it is hard to resist. Same with UT Martin last year.

Last edited:
I had to comment just so we could appreciate the spelling of coaches name here.

I can’t take credit. Basilio calls him that sometimes.

I figured pre-season. Hope we don't trot ourselves out there in powder puff blue helmets. 😂

Prolly a blue outline on the white numbers? Idk. I don't think every homecoming should be about Pat, but with UConn coming to town I can see that it is hard to resist. Same with UT Martin.

Yeah, probably the number trim and some outlines.

Barnes is going to have an interesting season finding minutes for all the guards he'll have. I expect we'll see lots more small ball this year.

Freddie, Gainey, Knecht, ZZ, Mashack, Santi, JJJ, DJ

Carr I think for sure is a RS candidate this season. We only have 4 Forwards on scholarship so Cade might actually see minutes just because of the lack of depth and if Awaka/Aidoo get in foul trouble.

Bama and Kentucky probably the two best OLs we've faced this year. So I expect the DL to get more pressure against Mizzou than they did the previous two road games.

I just hope we handle UConn and some of the younger DL/LB guys get tons of snaps cause from a talent and skill standpoint they could be on the field ahead of starters...just don't have enough experience or trust yet.

Well, if that is correct, it is nonetheless completely flat-footed on her part not grasp how her preening Houston obsession and regalia mania plays in Tennessee. Like I said earlier, without that I think the throwbacks would have been a big hit.
I see your point but the throwbacks were a huge hit for Titans fans. Arguably some of the best uniforms in football.

Wish the titans would make that the color scheme and add navy to it

That dude has the most punchable overall aesthetics I've ever seen...the feelings he stirs up in me whenever I see his goofy looking ginger face alongside hearing his whiny loser voice is something akin to what I think a bull elk feels when he sees a little gimpy 4 pointer trying to move in on his harem while his back is turned...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back