Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe you're packing it in. We looked bad, for sure. Let's let it play out a little bit more

Oh I’m not packing it in - I’m just saying it will be a very tough game, which it will be

Tennessee absolutely can win the game and I look forward to watching it!

Danny has a 💩 list and now Austin Peay is on it. That’s fine. More money for my alma mater, Tech.

That coach needed to be drug tested. Also, know we complain about refs but WTF? Our dude was being ganged up on and crickets until a fight broke out. The obvious fumble that wasn't, etc. etc. We looked bad, but we definitely had help looking bad.

Can't believe you're packing it in. We looked bad, for sure. Let's let it play out a little bit more
It’s Florida … at Florida. I will expect a loss there until we win. Hell I still expect to lose to them at neyland. They were a play away from coming back from 38-21 to win it last year

I heard radio say that, but that’s not usually how it works. Normally, SEC crews do our buy games. I thought I recognized the head official as SEC on the Jumbotron. But they had a bad night.

You are being vey charitable with a "bad night" reference. They had a good night IMO.

They did what they came there to do. When I saw/heard them not whistle the ball/play dead multiple times throughout, the never called tackling of defenders (on one play there were three d-lineman tackled with no call) throughout, and the non-call of the Burrell mugging - excluding the obvious fumble BS - I say they did what they came to do.

So they get a 👍 from me.

And yet the game was never in doubt. I'm sure Heup will use it as fuel this week.

Finally found it. This was an SEC crew.View attachment 577842

Yeah. I thought I recognized some of those guys. Thought the side guy who called the “pass interference” looked like the dude who did the phantom stoppage of play on the goalline in Heupel’s first year. Or maybe the little man who gave him the unsportsmanlike last season? But it’s possible my disdain for the refs in general makes me think they’re all the same person.

I’ve been trying to understand how we could get that bad of a whistle yesterday. My only thought is that the refs don’t like working out games because of the tempo and the amount of pressure we put on them to do their jobs quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back