Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
After sitting up til 3 a.m. thinking about game from yesterday,I still believe Tennessee goes to the Swamp and wins by 10 or more...on offense the WR dropsy need to be resolved and on defense the tackling needs to be cleaned up .... DB is what it is hit or miss but Hadden did pick a pass off after the two PI calls...Jaylen needs to keep getting fed running the ball double his attempts...Milton is Milton streaky but don't think Nico is trotting on field in a big conference game...also stop Florida's run game and you win their QB isn't going throw for 350 and 4 Touchdowns...I still believe 15-0 baby Go Vols....

Turns out without a huge talent advantage, Saban isnt hot ****..... who wouldve thunk it
He actually does have a huge talent advantage this season. This is one of his most talented teams ever according to recruiting services. I think assistant turnover, lack of development, and just age. Are FINALLY hitting him.

I hate when we hit a big play and go super fast with a run up the middle.

Always gets stuffed

It’s like the line is tired or something.
I think @volbeast33 talked about this last year. I noticed it too. I questioned it last year too but Heupel seems to like to do it on purpose. I can’t remember the reasoning, almost a wear down the defense type move for later in the game.

After sitting up til 3 a.m. thinking about game from yesterday,I still believe Tennessee goes to the Swamp and wins by 10 or more...on offense the WR dropsy need to be resolved and on defense the tackling needs to be cleaned up .... DB is what it is hit or miss but Hadden did pick a pass off after the two PI calls...Jaylen needs to keep getting fed running the ball double his attempts...Milton is Milton streaky but don't think Nico is trotting on field in a big conference game...also stop Florida's run game and you win their QB isn't going throw for 350 and 4 Touchdowns...I still believe 15-0 baby Go Vols....

Wright needs to be in on the first several series next week.
Go Wright, Bru, and Warren to get the offense in rhythm.

Then again, I have no idea what I’m doing.

Wright needs to be in on the first several series next week.
Go Wright, Bru, and Warren to get the offense in rhythm.

Then again, I have no idea what I’m doing.
I know Thornton dropped a couple yesterday but he came here to be a big part of offense....also need Squirrel on the long post routes like last year not these damn bubble screens.... personally can't stand that play may bust one occasionally ...if you want a damn five yard gain run a draw up the gut with Wright... jmo I'm an arm chair coach like most everyone else😉😉😉😉

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I think we should drop but how do you drop a team to far when then won? I would think 12 would be as far as we drop with as poorly as many teams played today.
This game is going to reinforce every naysayer, and the negative recruiting...this was bad.

I hope Heupel can pull some rabbits out of his butt....or this year is going to really be a big step back.

I just don't understand how that happened...we should have just bulldozed them to 60+ pts...did we pull a Georgia State and just not prepare at all? One thing I have really loved about Heupels program has been that we destroy cupcakes like they are supposed to be destroyed...the fact that we could not destroy AP is a huge red flag.

I have zero confidence..I expect a 20-19 Swamp special loss. The ugliness has rattled me big time.

What I mean by Swamp special is one if those stupid games where we should win but literally everything goes sideways with them winning on a broken play freakshow at the end.

I have zero confidence..I expect a 20-19 Swamp special loss. The ugliness has rattled me big time.

What I mean by Swamp special is one if those stupid games where we should win but literally everything goes sideways with them winning on a broken play freakshow at the end.
Kind of like the 4th quarter debacle during the Butch Jones era....😉

Last edited:
This game is going to reinforce every naysayer, and the negative recruiting...this was bad.

I hope Heupel can pull some rabbits out of his butt....or this year is going to really be a big step back.

I just don't understand how that happened...we should have just bulldozed them to 60+ pts...did we pull a Georgia State and just not prepare at all? One thing I have really loved about Heupels program has been that we destroy cupcakes like they are supposed to be destroyed...the fact that we could not destroy AP is a huge red flag.
It happens, man. The absolute best teams in the world lay an egg every once in a while. Our egg still resulted in 30 points and 450 yards. I think we all remember a time when both of those were pipe dreams on a good day :(

He actually does have a huge talent advantage this season. This is one of his most talented teams ever according to recruiting services. I think assistant turnover, lack of development, and just age. Are FINALLY hitting him.
The lack of development at Alabama now is actually startling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back