Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

So a person who's very public career is centered around sexual assault lawsuits somehow had the misfortune of a high profile figure continuously making sexual advances toward her for months? And the high profile figure is publicly admitting to the relationship but states he was convinced it was consensual and mutual?

Absolutely no fishy business there whatsoever right?

It happens, man. The absolute best teams in the world lay an egg every once in a while. Our egg still resulted in 30 points and 450 yards. I think we all remember a time when both of those were pipe dreams on a good day :(
Those numbers are garbage..we should always have 60-600 at least on glorified high school teams like AP.

No excuse.

Some defensive stats: 13 TFL’s, 6 sacks, 6 Pass break ups, 174 total yards allowed. Those were the stats tonight until the final 2 drives before we started playing mostly FR and backups

Last week: 4 sacks, 11 TFL’s, 5 pass breakups, 128 yards allowed until the 4th quarter when it was a backup at almost every position.

Georgia has 1 sack, 10 TFL’s and 6 pass break ups through 2 games
I like this.

So a person who's very public career is centered around sexual assault lawsuits somehow had the misfortune of a high profile figure continuously making sexual advances toward her for months? And the high profile figure is publicly admitting to the relationship but states he was convinced it was consensual and mutual?

Absolutely no fishy business there whatsoever right?
This is 🦬💩...they are just trying to destroy him so they can fire him, and not have to pay him that ridiculous contract.

I have zero confidence..I expect a 20-19 Swamp special loss. The ugliness has rattled me big time.

What I mean by Swamp special is one if those stupid games where we should win but literally everything goes sideways with them winning on a broken play freakshow at the end.

After playing the worst game of the season against FL every year for about 15 years it would take at least 10 enormous wins in a row by TN before I ever even thought about expecting a TN win against FL.

You already know FL will play their best game of the entire season next weekend. They’ll look great. Coaches/players/stadiums/weather change…end result stays the same. It’s actually incredible if you think about it.

Reactions: Strateegery
I remember a few really ugly games thos one year...

What was it? 1998?

Nah, couldn't have been.

The concerning part is Joe, maybe deservedly, doesn’t have the benefit of the doubt. He’s been in college 6 years, seems best as the bullpen arm. Lost the starting job twice and continues to have verry little touch on the ball. He is what he is, and what that is is 4 straight wins (not counting L to SCar since he didn’t start) since we lost Hooker and no interceptions since he’s been here (I think)… so I’ll take that.

The concerning part is Joe, maybe deservedly, doesn’t have the benefit of the doubt. There’s plenty of evidence that he struggles as the starter. He’s been in college 6 years. Lost the starting job twice and continues to have verry little touch. He is what he is, and what that is is 4 straight wins since we lost Hooker and no interceptions since he’s been here (I think)… so I’ll take that!
More of the same thing from Joe is the cause of like...99% of my worry from this game tbh. Everything else can happen on any given Saturday but him regressing in games and doing goofy stuff is a 6 year pattern.

Day in Day out. Year in year out. You are exhausting.
Day in Day out. Year in year out. You are exhausting.
Why?...because what I said was wrong, or just that you don't like it?

I'm not wanting to tear our staff apart..I'm just saying this team is a step back, a much bigger step back than even I thought. I did not see this kind of game happening.

And finally...you can never see anything I post ever again...if you do that is your choice.

See...I'm not even being snarky to you...have a nice day 🙋‍♂️

Reactions: knoxvol52
This game is going to reinforce every naysayer, and the negative recruiting...this was bad.

I hope Heupel can pull some rabbits out of his butt....or this year is going to really be a big step back.

I just don't understand how that happened...we should have just bulldozed them to 60+ pts...did we pull a Georgia State and just not prepare at all? One thing I have really loved about Heupels program has been that we destroy cupcakes like they are supposed to be destroyed...the fact that we could not destroy AP is a huge red flag.
Honestly I think the team was disinterested in this game, caught looking ahead to Florida... this scenario happens a lot in sports college and pro...thoughts plz....

More of the same thing from Joe is the cause of like...99% of my worry from this game tbh. Everything else can happen on any given Saturday but him regressing in games and doing goofy stuff is a 6 year pattern.
I think he just gets too amped up...I have said for years that they need to give him a Valium before games.

Honestly I think the team was disinterested in this game, caught looking ahead to Florida... this scenario happens a lot in sports college and pro...thoughts plz....
That was my first thought too. Florida looks VERY beatable in Gainesville, it's a prime opportunity. A lot of the silly stuff in this game looked like lack of focus so it tracks imo

This appears to be a down year for the SEC on the basis of the QB position alone. Almost every team is struggling in the passing game. Passing output for Georgia, Bama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, MSST, LSU, Missou, and Vandy are all struggling in the passing game. South Carolina and Texas A&M have a passing attack and cannot run the bacll. This will be a year where stopping the run and not turning the ball over will determine the contenders.

Here's my positive spin on yesterday. We showed nothing from our playbook on O or D. Kicking game was solid. Defense was great except two busts. Running game is solid. Officiating was one sided (which I have no idea why). We'll know next week if Joe is the guy.

So I dont think last night’s game was as bad as people think. Looking back, it was very vanilla play calling. Plus, when you have 8 drops in the first quarter it is really hard to get a rhythm going offensively. those mistakes are fixable. I feel like the officiating was really bad, but at the same time, if you throw a lot of screens, especially across the field, there is a higher chance for the calls like offensive PI and holding. Maybe instead of throwing screens across to the opposite hash we throw them near side or try to involve more rb screens

Reactions: volsfan_17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back