Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having a small amount of sleep I still can not stand that Peay coach and the refs still sucked!

Think we miss Coop more than we initially thought. Assuming he's back next week I still believe we beat Fla. Heup will have a great plan for next week, the defense is the best we've had in forever.

We were never going to know anything about this team till the 3rd week but I'm still going with the Vols here.

See a lot of posts on D not a concern, I don’t feel the same. APSU had more total yards, more passing yards, more first downs against us than Illinois St.
Inflated numbers based off the final 2 drives with mostly back ups in, also a couple FR that normally won’t play… Slaughter also fell over on the 50 yard TD. They had 165 yards the final 2 drives. We had 13 TFL’s and 6 sacks in the first 3 quarters

The only thing that is concerning from the defense so far imo is that if we get a couple injuries to key guys the drop off seems to be big

Doug Matthews just said on his show that 4 of those refs were from smaller conferences that the SEC are looking at as possible regular refs for the future. Said that the non conf games are basically try outs for the refs from smaller conferences. Hopefully we never see any of them again.
That explains a lot

Their stats were inflated from the 80 yard td and the 73 yard drive they had on our scrubs
Qualify however you want, ultimately it all still happened in the game. We think Illinois St didn’t have backups in when crushing APSU? They were down 42-3 heading into Q4 when they score most of their points.

If a DB falling over after being beat happens against FL, do we qualify the same. Splash plays matter in big games.

Chadwell is 2-0 at Liberty. Good start for him. They look to challenge Helton WKU for the CUSA championship. Picked 2nd in the preseason poll
Also James Madison defeated Virginia, which isn't really a upset to me JMU was a powerhouse in the FCS and actually won their conference in first season but due to the stupid rules they couldn't compete in Conference Championship game....Sun Belt which is a decent conference.....

Reactions: VolNash17
It would be terrible if MSU was involved in this. I'm not convinced they are - but woooof if they set this man up.

But the profile of this woman's non-profit and business is going to skyrocket. The donations to her non-profit will skyrocket.

This is also the same woman who publicly went after Peyton Manning and Tennessee's TitleIX lawsuit around the football team during Butch's tenure.
After reading the story, she admits that she did nothing about it for months. She didn't report anything until she wasn't getting additional money from the MSU. She was so traumatized that she didn't even hang up the phone. She was so traumatized that she cried endlessly after the call but didn't report anything until she stopped getting paid. Something smells to high heaven here.

We have more sacks in 2 games than we had through 4 games last year

It’s tough to say for sure given the first two opponents but I think our defense is good enough this year to keep us in any game minus maybe Georgia. We were spoiled with Hooker
I think Hooker was even more special than we even realized last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back