Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCAA is allowing schools to do a test run of helmet communication technology this bowl season. Sounds like they are completely hands off on the implementation though. Them just saying “have at it” next season and allowing teams to set up their own without any oversight though would be a bit concerning to me. I still hope to see it, and have wanted it for a long time, but just do it right. NCAA rarely does though.

Due to Jim Harbaugh's efforts to expose the current weaknesses in antiquated sideline communication, the NCAA has now moved into the modern era of helmet communication technology. Harbaugh has truly been an inspiration to us all and therefore we are giving him the "Coach of the Decade" award.

- NCAA probably

@peaygolf So sorry to hear this..I’ve been thru this more times than I would to count..Never gets any easier, if anything it gets harder..We get so attached to our pets and they become family..For my hubby and I, we don’t have any human children but we are blessed with many “fur” children that we treat just as amazing as we would treat human children..We have lost many a long the way and we know their spirit is always with us and are reunited with their other animal friends that have crossed the rainbow bridge.❤️

Here is how I look at this. If I just stop showing up for work for 2 weeks and say my boss continually reaches out to me and ignore him because "I am just not ready to talk", then I would get fired in a heartbeat. Now alternatively, if I am struggling with mental health and I inform my company that I need to take some unpaid time off because of my mental health, then they will likely work with me on helping me out, or if i stop show up for work and my boss reaches out to me and I tell him what is going on, then again i would take unpaid time off and they would work with me.

You cannot do immature things and then hide behind mental health, that's not reality and if anyone thinks it is or should be, then they are living in fantasy land. This is the harsh reality of life in the real world.
Say it louder for the people in the back

Tennessee is 7th in the country in yards per carry on rushing attempts up the middle. Oh man, we got lots of fans that gnash their teeth at the quick runs up the middle.
We are probably 1st in the nation if first down runs aren't taken into account, which is also where the teeth gnashing comes from

Say it louder for the people in the back
That may be how it works in the real world, but doesn't make it right.

I think there is a direct correlation between higher profits in business world and a happier workforce. Other Countries allow much greater work family balance that we do, in fact Id wager US is one of the worst in developed World for this very thing.

Id say if we were to look at the gap between middle income earners and upper 10%ers we'd see a marked difference in lifestyles.

Reactions: BigOrange15
NCAA is allowing schools to do a test run of helmet communication technology this bowl season. Sounds like they are completely hands off on the implementation though. Them just saying “have at it” next season and allowing teams to set up their own without any oversight though would be a bit concerning to me. I still hope to see it, and have wanted it for a long time, but just do it right. NCAA rarely does though.
It actually might be better if each team handled their own comms. No third parties and if there's any funny business its the teams own people and they have no one else to blame and all the power to fix the situation.

On3
@On3sports
·
17m
Desmond Howard went off on the Big Ten over the Michigan scandal😬

"This would never happen in the SEC. The Commissioner would never let Vanderbilt & Kentucky and all these other universities say, ‘Hey, you need to punish Nick Saban & Alabama right now."

They are all.scum...I hate every f'n cheating po💩...they have no conscience and deserve whatever harm comes to them.

It does not matter to them that they got caught doing something disgusting...according to their way of thinking there should he no punishment...scum....pure f'n pond scum.

My previous comment was in jest about the pictures on unofficial visits, as they don't necessarily tackle "low-hanging fruit", they prioritize things that are irrelevant and inconsequential. What you just pointed out is actually one of the main concerns and problems with the NCAA. They take items that they should prioritize and control, and go "have at it", just like they did with NIL and the transfer portal, and then focus on irrelevant items that were never a problem in the first place, like "shortening games in the name of player safety". This will likely be added to the laundry list of items the NCAA let out of the bag and then realizes there should have been controls put in place in the beginning after there are rampant issues. Then they will go and "fix" another irrelevant thing that wasn't an issue in the first place. The cycle never ends.

That may be how it works in the real world, but doesn't make it right.

I think there is a direct correlation between higher profits in business world and a happier workforce. Other Countries allow much greater work family balance that we do, in fact Id wager US is one of the worst in developed World for this very thing.

Id say if we were to look at the gap between middle income earners and upper 10%ers we'd see a marked difference in lifestyles.
You can’t make this argument and then defend someone not taking accountability for their actions and no-showing for 2 weeks. Life is tough, school is tough, and the weak will lose while the strong keep going

Hey, Greg, you near-sighted dimwit. Darnell Wright, Byron Young, Cedric Tillman, Jalin Hyatt, Hendon Hooker, etc. deserved to be in the playoffs last year too, but they were cheated out of the chance to be there.

To all the Michigan apologizers…

View attachment 594308
I cannot really put into words the mixture of pure hatred, disgust and sadness that the world we live in today fills my heart with.

It is a strange feeling...the mixture actually concludes with a healthy portion of hopelessness.

I don't know of a single word that adequately describes the feeling.

Hey VN...........

I don't do stuff like this, but I know the love and compassion on this forum.

I have to put down my golden lab Phoebe today after 15 years. She truly saved my life during some very difficult life experiences. She has been my best friend since the day I brought her home and will be missed more than anyone can imagine.
Some thoughts and prayer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

View attachment 594326
Oh, Peay, I’m so sorry!!! Praying!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back