Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told someone the other night that if I wasn’t such a big TN fan and alum, that I probably would stop watching college football. In all the big games, you can almost predict who the refs will favor and who will win. It’s not exciting and fun anymore.
Let me guess - the better team wins most of the time?

Or is there another algorithm I need to beat Vegas, since they aren't in on it?

That's horse hockey. I know a little (a lot) about statistics and in the words of the poet, "There's lies, damned lies, and statistics," In calculus the numbers don't lie (unless they are extraneous), statistics is as much art and interpretation as it is mathematics.
?

Numbers are just numbers. So, it is true numbers don't lie. They're factual and disinterested.

Statistics involves a human employing numbers to some end. There's zero doubt the use of numbers in the hands of humans can very much lie, because man both lies and is idiot.

That is honestly a very mild punishment, when you consider the ramifications of the scandal on multiple teams outside direct opponents of Michigan.
Honestly I feel like I have no context of what is normal or not for a conference punishing one of its own teams.

Wonder when this has happened in the past or is this unprecedented(?)

No way, Greg. Typical Bammer.

The players knew what was going on. You can’t condone institutionalized cheating.
How did they really know? Can it be proven?

The entire major shift in the new constitution (not that the CFP committee is restricted by the NCAA or its guidelines, but...) is to not punish players for the sins of coaches, leaders, etc.

I agree with him. But the entity itself, as I always argue, must be severely punished. You must deter both the actors AND THE ENTITY from repeating this. Same reason I agreed with punishments against UT as the ongoing entity.

Yeah more like the biggest game in 20 years.
How so? We were undefeated vs Bama last year.

We already have 2 losses heading into this one, so it's more of an extremely hopeful situation at best. NY6 still more likely, but just making Atlanta makes it huge. Last year we were shooting for a top CFP spot.

Beyond that - maybe some old historians can find bigger games 2004-2023 but idk. Heupel has led us to being in these huge situations unlike anything since 2001 and earlier 🙏

Hey VN...........

I don't do stuff like this, but I know the love and compassion on this forum.

I have to put down my golden lab Phoebe today after 15 years. She truly saved my life during some very difficult life experiences. She has been my best friend since the day I brought her home and will be missed more than anyone can imagine.
Some thoughts and prayer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

View attachment 594326
Prayers for Peace and Comfort for you.

Hey VN...........

I don't do stuff like this, but I know the love and compassion on this forum.

I have to put down my golden lab Phoebe today after 15 years. She truly saved my life during some very difficult life experiences. She has been my best friend since the day I brought her home and will be missed more than anyone can imagine.
Some thoughts and prayer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

View attachment 594326
I have never been more sadden by a loss until I had to put my chocolate lab down last year. Dogs are the best.

?

Numbers are just numbers. So, it is true numbers don't lie. They're factual and disinterested.

Statistics involves a human employing numbers to some end. There's zero doubt the use of numbers in the hands of humans can very much lie, because man both lies and is idiot.
You obviously don't have an understanding of statistics. Things like confounding variables can make things seem like they are correlated when they are not or not as strongly as they suggest. For example a treatment for weight loss may seem more effective than it is because the researcher neglected to take into account lifestyle changes. A dishonest person could inflate the effectiveness of the treatment by ignoring this confounding variable there by lying with statistics.
The raw statistics like passing yards or td's may suggest that Dobbs is the second best qb but there are other variables to consider, such as supporting cast, era, offensive system, etc.

Reactions: screenthis

We already have 2 losses heading into this one, so it's more of an extremely hopeful situation at best. NY6 still more likely, but just making Atlanta makes it huge. Last year we were shooting for a top CFP spot.

Beyond that - maybe some old historians can find bigger games 2004-2023 but idk. Heupel has led us to being in these huge situations unlike anything since 2001 and earlier 🙏
In the grand scheme of things, TN could've lost that game and still have won the East and potentially made the playoffs by upsetting Alabama in Atlanta. So, even with a loss all the goals of the season were still in front of the team.

With OM winning and TN winning, TN is playing for a title next week. First trip to Atlanta since 07'..... A championship could potentially be on the line next week.

2004 old? wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back