Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean objectively speaking you're wrong on both accounts BUT I'm not sure what your personal definition of "defense being better" is either. It's the best defense Banks has fielded, statistically in his tenure here.

2023: 20.2 ppg, 340.6 total yards allowed, 66% passing, 227.5 yards per game, 113.1 rushing, 1.4 turnovers a game
2022: 22.8 ppg, 405.3 total yards allowed, 62.6% passing, 289.5 yards per game, 115.8 rushing, 1.6 turnovers a game
2021: 23.1 ppg, 421.7 total yards allowed, 61.2% passing, 273.2 yards per game, 148.5 rushing, 1.2 turnovers a game

As for Joe, we've gotten the best version of Joe possible I think...so he took the step BUT I don't think the best version of Joe Milton is the best option for this system mainly because I think our style of play calling has changed to cater to Joe. But I am honestly shocked at how good Joe's numbers have been 65.3% 2283 passing yards 16 TDs 5 INTs, 301 rushing yards with 5 TDs

With 2 games left in the season he's on pace for 2740 passing yards, 25 total TDs and 360 rushing yards. That's a great season for Joe, that's not a great season for a QB in Heupel's offense...it's actually going to be the worst season for any starting QB in Josh's system since he's been a HC.

Hooker:
2022 - 3565 total yards 32 total TDs (missed 2 games)
2021 - 3565 total yards 36 total TDs (didn't start against Bowling Green)

Gabriel
2020 - 3739 total yards 34 total TDs
2019 - 3731 total yards 33 total TDs

McKenzie:
2018 - 2970 total yards 34 total TDs (only played 9 full games)

So did Joe step up and play much better? He did, he got better than he was in previous years...but he didn't step up enough to reach the level that a QB in this offense SHOULD be capable of especially in the TD department.
Joe has not played better. And we haven’t played UGA yet which will change our defensive numbers when they drop 45 on us and 500+ yards.

My happy go lucky ass reminds everybody that Pate’s model had us winning and covering vs Mizzou as well

I want to believe we can win. And I recognize: we’re a different team at home. But uga has not been this healthy all year, and we’ve not been this injured.

We’re so beat up on offense it’s insane.

I don't mind the overall record of this team. I think we lost to two teams that we should have beaten. My biggest disappointment is in how we lost, not that we lost. I knew this was going to be a major step back year.

Two things have disappointed me. The defense is really no better than last year. My hope was the defense would compensate somewhat for the regression we'd see on the offensive side. It hasn't. Second, I'm disappointed in Joe. I didn't expect him to be a Hendon but I though he'd be much better than he's proven to be. He's just not taken that step. I completely understand why Nico hasn't been given a chance either. I don't think he's ready, especially physically.
Don’t talk about my boy Invol! Nico is ready. He may be small, but people will be screaming next year when he is lighting up defenses.

Anyone noticed that some people either say "I'm a vol fan" or "I'm a vols fan"

Is it just me that thinks it sounds dumb when people say "I'm a vols fan"?

"As a vols fan" = "as a volunteers fan"

Just sounds wrong.
Are you a fan of the Vol or are you a fan of the Volunteers? 🙂

Exactly. Hedging is what I typically do.
You make a lot more profit that way.
I had a bet earlier this year (baseball) and I hit all but one leg of a parlay. The issue was the final leg was Over 1.5 hits, and the batter had 0 hits (in-game). I could not find any option for this (would only offer O/U 0.5 hits live). So, I had to let it ride (he got 1 hit :()

Dude is in a fantastic position to have his last leg be -600.

For my gambling buddies because I know we've argued in the last. This is why I'm against cashing out.

On the flip side, with this specific bet, 8k pays off my debt from a truck and one cc, so I take the cash out and leave 600 in my betting account for funsies.

If you’re building a bankroll, cash out. If you don’t care, let it ride

I had a bet earlier this year (baseball) and I hit all but one leg of a parlay. The issue was the final leg was Over 1.5 hits, and the batter had 0 hits (in-game). I could not find any option for this (would only offer O/U 0.5 hits live). So, I had to let it ride (he got 1 hit :()

Dude is in a fantastic position to have his last leg be -600.
Damn that sucks, I'm sorry.

Typically when I build my parlays, I put 2 legs in an earlier window and the third, or whatever the last one is in a late window, so I can hedge if I need to. Depending on confidence I'll hedge right away or let it ride for a bit to see if I can get a better number.

On the flip side, with this specific bet, 8k pays off my debt from a truck and one cc, so I take the cash out and leave 600 in my betting account for funsies.

If you’re building a bankroll, cash out. If you don’t care, let it ride
You can guarantee yourself 5k profit though, with a chance at 18k profit. Why would you not want to do that though?

I mean at the end of the day it's your money do what you want, I just wanted to post because a certain someone likes to talk **** and call me stupid when I say don't cash out.
Contrary to his belief, I'm far from a losing bettor.

I think Fulmer got complacent and out of touch with what was happening around him. Hamilton had a grand vision and thought UT could benefit from a young coach who could bring swag to the program, energize the fanbase and boost donations. He backchanneled a deal with Kiffin, who promised to put together a dream staff that would make UT the “It” program. It was handled very poorly, but most of the damage could have been contained if Hamilton hadn’t gifted Kiffin a too-favorable contract, then doubled-down on misjudgments with Dooley. UT authored its own downfall.

But… history does repeat itself, and with resources come opportunities. Power programs cycle up and down, and those upcycling now won’t have advantages forever. CJH was a good hire. I think he has room to grow and hope he can continue to do that. I also think there’s a fine line between stability and stagnant. Change can be positive, and fresh insights might help. You don’t have to overhaul everything to evolve—we’ve already learned that lesson. Just fix what needs fixing and avoid becoming too insular.
Do you think 2010 - present is much different for UT football if Hamilton goes with an interim coach for the 2010 season instead of a rushed, panic hire of Dooley? I've thought for a long time the most damaging development at that time wasn't necessarily Kiffin leaving but replacing him with Dooley.

You can guarantee yourself 5k profit though, with a chance at 18k profit. Why would you not want to do that though?

I mean at the end of the day it's your money do what you want, I just wanted to post because a certain someone likes to talk **** and call me stupid when I say don't cash out.
Contrary to his belief, I'm far from a losing bettor.
Your first paragraph assumes people have 5k in their betting account to hedge lol

And don’t say deposit the money because books can delay a deposit that big the day of

I thought he was replacing willie
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

Your first paragraph assumes people have 5k in their betting account to hedge lol

And don’t say deposit the money because books can delay a deposit that big the day of
It's all relative to your bankroll which he says in the post. If you are following units, a parlay is typically a unit to a half unit, so let's you have 100 if you're doing 2: of your BR, it's a $2 bet. So you have $98 left, so the parlay gets to cashing out for $30 or hedging for 50 to profit 40, why not profit 40?

For my gambling buddies because I know we've argued in the last. This is why I'm against cashing out.

The math checks out, and if you have the money, do it. But the whole thought of this and saying “don’t cash out, just do this!” depends on the bettor having 5k on hand to throw down on a hedge bet in this situation.

Maybe this guy didn’t. Maybe taking this 8k on the cash out and keeping it in his account allows him to do hedge bets like this in the future that he doesn’t have the money to do now. Heck, what if that 8k pays his mortgage for 3 months and he’s living pay check to pay check. Probably shouldn’t be betting if you’re in this situation but lord knows people are.

The point is, no bettor is in the exact same situation as another bettor. Math is great, and in this instance his math checks out, but math doesn’t take in to account people’s situations. The person that tweeted that even made the comment in the tweet “Without knowing what was going to happen, or how much money is liquid in the account to hedge”. He literally makes a definitive statement of “Never cash out” and then spends a whole paragraph saying but only if x,y,z. Make up your mind dude.

Reactions: mrMet
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back