Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unbeleivable to me how protective some can be of coaches and continually trash the players. Never placing blame for their poor performance on their coaches.

I took heat over Butch, but I was right.
I took heat over Pruitt, but I was right.
I'm taking heat over Banks, But I am right, he'll never field a defense better necessary to compete for any championship. The sooner he s gone the better.

I think FSU has to lose to get two SEC teams in, and even then, it's not guaranteed. I think only one makes it this year.
It is completely just for an "overrated" team, any such, to make the playoffs ahead of Bama because Bama itself is overrated. They only beat us by crooked officiating. The most spectacularly crooked I have ever seen. You need to think of Bama as having at least two losses on the field. I'm OK with FSU, Oregon, or Washington -- or anyone else in the world -- over Bama. What Birmingham has done should not be rewarded.

Later in the year is bs. H2H should count for more than a loss to the AP ranked #23 team on the road. Why even play the game
Nope, it's the same argument people use for playoff expansion. Teams take a while to gel, injuries can make you drop a game. You need to be playing your best ball at the end of the year.
Getting blown out by a bad SCAR team( who was probably cheating), and losing your Heisman hopeful starting QB. We got punished as we shouldve.

It's unbeleivable to me how protective some can be of coaches and continually trash the players. Never placing blame for their poor performance on their coaches.

I'm taking heat over Banks, But I am right, he'll never field a defense better necessary to compete for any championship. The sooner he s gone the better.
He’s aight, but not a championship-level defensive coordinator. Look at all the great DCs that have come through this league. They’re maniacs, psycopaths, we need that.

Honestly this season hasn't been bad....now if we see lots of good players enter the portal I may change my mind on that.

Before the season 7-5 was my floor for a solid rebuilding year, 8-4 would be good all things considered. Biggest difference is I actually though A&M instead of Mizzou would be a loss.

Injuries in a lot of starters forced us to play more youth earlier than expected. Long term it should be a benefit that Herring, Carter, Telander, Webb, Nimrod, etc. all saw lots of snaps this year (if they stay).

Every loss this season came down to both sides of the LOS.

In every loss the defense struggled specifically in the run defense. The only team we beat that ran for 100 was South Carolina, the other 3 games where we gave up 100+ on the ground we lost.
In every loss the OL stalled running the ball averaging just 3.5 ypc and just 105 yards per game.

I think Elarbee has done a fantastic job of developing talent, but his first two OL classes just haven't had instant plug & play guys for the SEC. That has to change and it appears the 2024 class is addressing it. On the DL side of things, I'm not sure really. Probably more injury related than recruiting or talent, especially on the interior Omari, Norman-Lott, Simmons, Hobbs, all missed games.

Reactions: OrangenSC
That's not true when you have humans picking, there's 100% bias. They're not going to screw 2 of the most dominant teams of the playoff era.
Yes, humans picking, and I don't think they'll pick 2 SEC teams unless things really go wonky.

He's the 8th highest paid defensive coordinator and this is year 3 of fielding a crap defense. It's a joke. Pay Maryville high school's defensive coordinator $100k and just put 1.4 mil towards defensive NIL deals and you'd get better results.

Nope, it's the same argument people use for playoff expansion. Teams take a while to gel, injuries can make you drop a game. You need to be playing your best ball at the end of the year.
Getting blown out by a bad SCAR team( who was probably cheating), and losing your Heisman hopeful starting QB. We got punished as we shouldve.

I'll make an exception because of the injury but I still think we'd be ranked lower than them had Hooker not been injured. And in that hypothetical situation where Bama is still ranked higher than us with a healthy QB that's just complete garbage.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Honestly this season hasn't been bad....now if we see lots of good players enter the portal I may change my mind on that.

Before the season 7-5 was my floor for a solid rebuilding year, 8-4 would be good all things considered. Biggest difference is I actually though A&M instead of Mizzou would be a loss.

Injuries in a lot of starters forced us to play more youth earlier than expected. Long term it should be a benefit that Herring, Carter, Telander, Webb, Nimrod, etc. all saw lots of snaps this year (if they stay).

Every loss this season came down to both sides of the LOS.

In every loss the defense struggled specifically in the run defense. The only team we beat that ran for 100 was South Carolina, the other 3 games where we gave up 100+ on the ground we lost.
In every loss the OL stalled running the ball averaging just 3.5 ypc and just 105 yards per game.

I think Elarbee has done a fantastic job of developing talent, but his first two OL classes just haven't had instant plug & play guys for the SEC. That has to change and it appears the 2024 class is addressing it. On the DL side of things, I'm not sure really. Probably more injury related than recruiting or talent, especially on the interior Omari, Norman-Lott, Simmons, Hobbs, all missed games.
For the first time in a long time I had to look up our S&C coach. Hadn’t thought about him enough:

1700061178428.png
He doesn’t look a maniac either. We get hurt a lot, got my eye on him. Don’t piss us off, Kurt.

I'll make an exception because of the injury but I still think we'd be ranked lower than them had Hooker not been injured. And in that hypothetical situation where Bama is still ranked higher than us with a healthy QB that's just complete garbage.
We got drilled by a bad team. We would've stayed below them.

He’s aight, but not a championship-level defensive coordinator. Look at all the great DCs that have come through this league. They’re maniacs, psycopaths, we need that.
I think you hit the nail on the head. He's aight. We can't settle for aight. I wasn't keen on the hire from day one but I understood why he went that route. It's a different set of circumstances now. It's time to capitalize on their success. I think Heup will.

Let's be honest we ourselves. There's too many undefeated teams right now for Tennessee to get a fair whistle. Especially, if they have a similar first half as the Alabama game. The second half will be exactly the same as that game. Georgia will be able to assualt the Geneva Convention and get away with it

Haven't been on much this week. Is it safe to come in yet, or are there soul-crushed soul-crushers still about?

*Go Vols. It'll be OK. The rebuild is ahead of schedule.
And...

simpsons-leaving.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back