Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Dabo to think he could just pick up Heupel's refined offense and recreate it YoY is pure hubris.

It's not simply a scheme. It's playcalling and deep understanding, which is full of 1v1 leveling, game theory, and analytics he is unaware of.

That part of football is so desperately undervalued by those thinking this is just a simple scheme they can pick up without the other skills. Understanding your team. Understanding your opponent. Understanding what your opponent's perception is of its team. Understanding your opponent's perception of your team. Understanding your opponent's perception of your perception of their team...understanding your opponent's perception of your perception of their perception...and on goes the deep leveling metagame.
1693956589476.gif

Well, jave, clearly you know that "Heupel's offense" was a deliberately loose but significant way of speaking, and that it could not want to be anything other since in the strictest sense Heupel is Heupel's offense. Don't sound dumb, please, or be rude without warrant.

There are common teachers in Heupel and Riley's coaching trees, as you know. What I am surprised you show no sign of knowing is what Clemson spoke of frequently and publicly and advertised to its fan base for nine months. It touted quick runs up the middle on a regular bases, mixed with quick passes to WRs in space with a WR as blocker in order to play sideline to sideline, a very fast tempo to unsettle the defense and prevent them from substituting, leveraging this situation to get the ball into the hands of playmakers in space, and many vertical "shots" to stretch the field lengthwise, etc., etc. There are nine months of articles and videos on the subject. These great similarities, to be implemented by someone from the same coaching tree as Heup, and enacted almost immediately after losing to Heupel make the term "Heupel's offense" not any dumber than any other term. And in fact significant and enjoyable.

Now Riley wanted to call his personal version of what Dabo asked him to make for Clemson "the dirt raid." This is already a departure because Heupel doesn't use cornball names for his offense. But Riley and his employer Dabo apparently want to say it is not an "air raid," rather like Heupel's offense also stresses the run (or "dirt") game. It's not unlikely, that the utilization of the rushing game was a thing that Dabo admired or resented in his Orange Bowl beatdown and wanted to be sure was imitated. I have no idea what G Riley called his offense at TCU, if he called it anything. Nor am I aware that this description of the "dirt raid" resembles exactly (since you prefer precise speech) what Riley ran at TCU. It looks like it may have been altered with respect to more closely imitating our Orange Bowl team.

Anyway, what do you gather from these remarks that Tod and Kim's boy (I forget his name) either made up for himself or was taught by Dabo or by Dabo's hire G Riley?

We should use this video in recruiting.

“Other teams want to do what we do but they can’t.”

Wow..ark st is awful. Looks like Butch is very much up to his old s&c policies. They were extremely slow, couldn't get off blocks, couldn't tackle, couldn't stop receivers even holding and interfering. Couldn't do anything in the red zone. It was the epitome of a poorly coached team. They should really make a movie about this con job he has pulled in the college coaching world. It is quiet remarkable how he has absolutely stolen millions of dollars from universities. The ride is over now though. Nobody will give him a shot again.
He can always go back to being a brickie.

We've only been ranked 9th or higher 3 seasons since Fulmer left. It took CBJ 4 years and he never climbed above 9th.

Heupel has done it twice in 3 years and is going to have the 2nd highest ranked team since Fulmer by next Sunday.

Incredible. Like baseball and basketball, hope everyone is appreciating this. I know we're all expecting this return to the norm like it should be, but I take ZERO for granted nowadays. Truly the greatest time ever to be a Vol sports fan, barring the late 90s flurries of men's and women's titles. Maybe we surpass that too under General Heupel and Lieutenant Dan.

#9 in football, #6 preseasons MBB, should have a top 15 WBB, and ofc we'll be top-10 in baseball again. Wild.

Wow that Duke QB was fantastic. Never saw that coming from a Duke quarterback.

And screw anybody that says Duke's fans (or any fans) should be punished when they just won their biggest football game of their generation. Let people have fun smh...guess it takes away from commercial time.
Seen today in a article that NFL Scouts are really high on the Duke QB.......

Reactions: Devo182
We've only been ranked 9th or higher 3 seasons since Fulmer left. It took CBJ 4 years and he never climbed above 9th.

Heupel has done it twice in 3 years and is going to have the 2nd highest ranked team since Fulmer by next Sunday.

Incredible. Like baseball and basketball, hope everyone is appreciating this. I know we're all expecting this return to the norm like it should be, but I take ZERO for granted nowadays. Truly the greatest time ever to be a Vol sports fan, barring the late 90s flurries of men's and women's titles. Maybe we surpass that too under General Heupel and Lieutenant Dan.

#9 in football, #6 preseasons MBB, should have a top 15 WBB, and ofc we'll be top-10 in baseball again. Wild.
So thankful

Just occurred to me. I'm pretty sure we are the only College football team in the country that has three home stadiums!

1. Neyland Stadium, Knoxville TN.
2. Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN
3. First Bank Stadium, Nashville, TN ...currently having renovations done to make it somewhat more accommodating to fans.

Well, jave, clearly you know that "Heupel's offense" was a deliberately loose but significant way of speaking, and that it could not want to be anything other since in the strictest sense Heupel is Heupel's offense. Don't sound dumb, please, or be rude without warrant.

There are common teachers in Heupel and Riley's coaching trees, as you know. What I am surprised you show no sign of knowing is what Clemson spoke of frequently and publicly and advertised to its fan base for nine months. It touted quick runs up the middle on a regular bases, mixed with quick passes to WRs in space with a WR as blocker in order to play sideline to sideline, a very fast tempo to unsettle the defense and prevent them from substituting, leveraging this situation to get the ball into the hands of playmakers in space, and many vertical "shots" to stretch the field lengthwise, etc., etc. There are nine months of articles and videos on the subject. These great similarities, to be implemented by someone from the same coaching tree as Heup, and enacted almost immediately after losing to Heupel make the term "Heupel's offense" not any dumber than any other term. And in fact significant and enjoyable.

Now Riley wanted to call his personal version of what Dabo asked him to make for Clemson "the dirt raid." This is already a departure because Heupel doesn't use cornball names for his offense. But Riley and his employer Dabo apparently want to say it is not an "air raid," rather like Heupel's offense also stresses the run (or "dirt") game. It's not unlikely, that the utilization of the rushing game was a thing that Dabo admired or resented in his Orange Bowl beatdown and wanted to be sure was imitated. I have no idea what G Riley called his offense at TCU, if he called it anything. Nor am I aware that this description of the "dirt raid" resembles exactly (since you prefer precise speech) what Riley ran at TCU. It looks like it may have been altered with respect to more closely imitating our Orange Bowl team.

Anyway, what do you gather from these remarks that Tod and Kim's boy (I forget his name) either made up for himself or was taught by Dabo or by Dabo's hire G Riley?

Nice work with these posts. I'd never seen that video. TOUGH LOOK for Dabo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back