Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is an Achilles tear like the Jets expect, was that the final play of Aaron Rodgers career? He will be 40 years old, turning 41 mid season, and coming off a tough injury if he comes back next year. That’s tough.

I’ve never seen an athlete recover even close to 100% after tearing an Achilles…so no.unfortunately I think he’s done..but I think he was half way out the door anyways with how he handled is situation last year

Reactions: knoxvol52
Did he play well at Vandy? He definitely did against Clemson.

I'm not a Joe hater...just not a big Joe believer right now.

I want him to play great....truly great.
Actually no, he didn’t really have to do anything the Vandy game. It was the Clemson game. I get it. I understand your position, just not the people already calling for Nico.

The big thing is we need the OL and WR groups both to step up. If that happens then Joe's play will improve without him really needing to do anything else.

And it's no shock those are the position groups with the most turnover of starters. Lost Carvin and Wright and been without Cooper so far. Lost Tillman and Hyatt.

September 12, 2010
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster rushes for a franchise-record 231 yards and three touchdowns in the Texans’ 34-24 victory over the Indianapolis Colts. Foster is the first player in NFL history to rush for at least 200 yards and three touchdowns for an opening weekend.

1694522914860.png

I think some of the struggles early this year could be that we finally have a target on our back again, and the team will have to learn to play with that. The last 2 years we were underdogs that were underdogs that were shocking higher ranked opponents and our gimme teams were just rolling over. Now we are the higher ranked opponents. We're gonna get each teams best shot, so we have to learn to be ruthlessly dominant and put games out of reach early.

There’s a guy named Jay that popped up in the game thread after the game was over. He knows football more than the avg fan on here.

He said Joe was missing reads. Backs up Heupel saying “the offense wasn’t executed”.

Just a guy’s opinion.
I think there was a lot more to Coach's comment than just missed reads... like offensive holding/PI calls by the receivers or blown blocks by the center/running back that let the QB get drilled. Sure he probably missed a couple reads but the whole offense didn't look focused.

The big thing is we need the OL and WR groups both to step up. If that happens then Joe's play will improve without him really needing to do anything else.

And it's no shock those are the position groups with the most turnover of starters. Lost Carvin and Wright and been without Cooper so far. Lost Tillman and Hyatt.
OL has played well so far, even with Cooper out.

Did he play well at Vandy? He definitely did against Clemson.

I'm not a Joe hater...just not a big Joe believer right now.

I want him to play great....truly great.

This may be the hardest I've rooted for a player. He's done so many things right over the last few years. I really want to see him breakout this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back