Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
OL has played well so far, even with Cooper out.

They've played well in the running game, but I've felt like they haven't been as stout in pass protection. Especially considering the quality of opponent.

Not that they are playing bad though, just that in SEC play they'll have to play better.

If it is an Achilles tear like the Jets expect, was that the final play of Aaron Rodgers career? He will be 40 years old, turning 41 mid season, and coming off a tough injury if he comes back next year. That’s tough.
Having a Achilles tear at a similar age I don't think it has to be a career ender at his position. When they repair it, it is stronger than before. You do lose flexibility but I don't think that would be a career killer as a qb. He may say "f" it and retire though.

Last edited:
The big thing is we need the OL and WR groups both to step up. If that happens then Joe's play will improve without him really needing to do anything else.

And it's no shock those are the position groups with the most turnover of starters. Lost Carvin and Wright and been without Cooper so far. Lost Tillman and Hyatt.
Good post.

They've played well in the running game, but I've felt like they haven't been as stout in pass protection. Especially considering the quality of opponent.

Not that they are playing bad though, just that in SEC play they'll have to play better.
Not against Florida they won't.

Did he play well at Vandy? He definitely did against Clemson.

I'm not a Joe hater...just not a big Joe believer right now.

I want him to play great....truly great.

Would love it if he played great. He’s easy to root for.

But I’ll take “good enough to win”. All 1 point wins are perfectly fine with me. Find a way to get 10. Run the ball 50 times if need be. Just win.

I guess you forgot the play where their receiver pulled our DB hit pulled to the ground and we got called for PI. If you don't think there's at least unintentional bias, you're blind.
Says every fan of every team about bias for the other team. Bama fans complain more about the refs then even you guys do.

If you want to prove that you guys are right, and every other fan base is wrong, I'm open to evidence. Actual statistical, non-anecdotal evidence.

I make it a point often to point out bad calls that go in UT's favor, or even bad calls that go in the favor of whoever the enemy team playing at that time is, and I get blasted for it every time lol. Maybe there is an element of bias on the board, yes?

I think you guys forget that anyone with 100s or 1000s of messages on a fan message board is a bigger fan of the sport than 99.99999% of people. It is actually possible for a referee to be from the state of Alabama and not really care that much about Alabama football. That is actually most people in the state, believe it or not.

Yeah...because it was a FCS team and we should have hung 70 on them.
The margin of victory is not important only the victory and the cost matter. We have two victories at little or no cost. Only bettors care about the margin. How much did we beat Syracuse by in 1998? Who cares we won.

I haven't been able to stay caught up here lately due to transitioning into a new job, so sorry if this has already been majorly discussed--- did we ever find out what the exact injury is to Pili, when it happened, and an estimated return date? I hate he only has played one game and already hurt...

@Glitch trying to get off the mat after all these suckerpunches from posters.
View attachment 578444
Rocky GIF - Rocky - Discover & Share GIFs

Eh, Glitch has suffered enough and hopefully he’s a man of his word and won’t start anymore game threads. Though……..he might be one of those like @Souce or @theFallGuy that enjoys suffrage in their private homes of course.
I am married and have three teenage daughters in my home. Of course I suffer in my private home!

The margin of victory is not important only the victory and the cost matter. We have two victories at little or no cost. Only bettors care about the margin. How much did we beat Syracuse by in 1998? Who cares we won.
Jeez man...everybody is glad that we won...the problem is that it highlighted huge weaknesses...weaknesses that will get our butts kicked against real teams...THAT is the problem.

And Syracuse had freakin Donovan McNabb.

I watched the 2001 TN vs FL game last night. It's funny how over time your memory of how things play out changes. In my mind we beat them soundly. We didn't. A few things stood out....

We got screwed by the refs in that game as usual. On two separate occasions we got to Rex Grossman where we caused him to turn over the ball. The first was when he threw the ball backwards and they called it a forward pass. It wasn't even close. The second was an obvious fumble and they called him down. There wasn't replay then but judging by the last game I'm not sure it would have made a difference. There was bias in officiating then and there's bias in officiating now.

Fulmer almost cost us that game. He made a bone headed decision to go for 2 early when there was no need to. That gave them a chance to tie by going for 2 at the end of the game.

Travis Stevens was a man possessed. He was a hard man to tackle. Showed speed, quickness, shiftyness, and power. One all-time great performance.

Casey Clausen had probably the best mental makeup of any qb I've seen wear the orange. He earned that nickname, "the Iceman". Calm cool, and collected. Hendon Hooker would be a close second.

Rex Grossman was one tough dude. I couldn't stand him at the time but we continually knocked him down, beat the ever living dog snot out of him and he continued to make clutch throws, many times as he was falling down. By the way, our dbs couldn't cover granny clampet back then either 😅.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back