Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather play for Deion than heupel if I had no connection to Tennessee as a fan. Sorry, just true. Especially if I was a black kid.

I love Deion. Have friends who have sat in his home before. But, he’s a winner and that can come with a price. He will build you up and use you but doesn’t mind to discard you in a heartbeat if that’s what he needs to do. He cares about kids but just like he did his first day, he will boot you to the curb if it fits his interest. UT will replace you if you don’t perform but they will find you a landing place if you’ve done things the right way and this fanbase and future opportunities outside football outweigh Deion for kids especially from this area. That’s my 2 cents. I would play for CJH any day of the week.

I have it on good authority that, (not to name names but a fuzzy purple fur creature) doesn't place all the blame on @Glitch for the lackluster play but secretly places blame on @Freak for disrupting karma by starting a new football talk thread. I hope he doesn't get banned. TIFWIW
A not properly titled thread at that. 😔

I really don't see UF scoring 30 points. They scored 30 on us last year, but that was with AR having the best game of his season. They don't have nearly the QB they had last year and our D is greatly improved. I could be wrong, but I don't see them getting out of the teens. Maybe 20ish at most.

Been doing some thinking. We know that Joe is a confidence player, and that when he’s not 100% confident that velocity goes up and the accuracy goes down. His receivers HAVE to help him. That first throw on Saturday was behind Bru, but that’s a catch an NFL receiver has to make (and I think Bru has NFL potential). Not catching that ball starts a little spiral for Joe that he doesn’t come out of until the second the last drive of the first half.

And then it happened again to him when Small dropped that for sure first down, and maybe touchdown screen pass in the second half.

His worst period in the Virginia game was on the heels of the Keyton drop.

Now, I agree that an elite QB needs to be someone whose performance doesn’t change a lot when there are drops, but I’m telling you, if his receivers make plays (even some hard ones), he’ll get in a rhythm that not many teams will be able to stop.

I love Deion. Have friends who have sat in his home before. But, he’s a winner and that can come with a price. He will build you up and use you but doesn’t mind to discard you in a heartbeat if that’s what he needs to do. He cares about kids but just like he did his first day, he will boot you to the curb if it fits his interest. UT will replace you if you don’t perform but they will find you a landing place if you’ve done things the right way and this fanbase and future opportunities outside football outweigh Deion for kids especially from this area. That’s my 2 cents. I would play for CJH any day of the week.

No offense, Jacket, but some of this seems contradictory. He cares about kids but will boot them to the curb if it fits his interest? That makes it sound like Deion cares about Deion, and if you fit into what is best for Deion then he cares about you too..... for now.

Been doing some thinking. We know that Joe is a confidence player, and that when he’s not 100% confident that velocity goes up and the accuracy goes down. His receivers HAVE to help him. That first throw on Saturday was behind Bru, but that’s a catch an NFL receiver has to make (and I think Bru has NFL potential). Not catching that ball starts a little spiral for Joe that he doesn’t come out of until the second the last drive of the first half.

And then it happened again to him when Small dropped that for sure first down, and maybe touchdown screen pass in the second half.

Now, I agree that an elite QB needs to be someone whose performance doesn’t change a lot when there are drops, but I’m telling you, if his receivers make plays (even some hard ones), he’ll get in a rhythm that not many teams will be able to stop.
100%. Great post.

Wifey and I were on date night Sunday. Because...

Young linneal bartender was nice, and of course, busy. I explained my surprise, based upon her desire to talk...a lot...and share...a lot. I told her usually we just come here to eat, but that if more than 5 people were there it was impossible to order a drink.

She continued, that she was in charge of it all. Designing, 'wah wah, wah wah.' Not being rude, I kindly explained that i'm 45 and hard of hearing. Could not understand a word. She explained again, and it was something about the drinks....

I asked 'like marketing?' Yup, that was it. I asked why she didnt say that the first time? Even better story, the teenager next to me, who was being oogled by a gross old guy. Was also hard of hearing. She told me some stuff, I couldnt tell you a thing though.

So, glitch, just nodding is best form of communication. Nodding works extremely well, until it doesnt. Lots of times the wife says stuff, and I nod. And then, dont realize ive committed myself to more work.
I thought you were a lot older than 45....

South Carolina+26.5 vs Georgia and South Florida +32.5 vs Bama which game you take the underdog in????

I'd actually take South Carolina, they have at least played one tough opponent UNC but Georgia has rolled two cupcakes to open the season.

Don't think South Carolina beats them or really keeps it close, but I could see them only losing by 17-21 points.

Absolutely correct. Drops throw him off for the drive he's on and the next drive. It takes like 2-3 drives for him to completely pull out of the nosedive

South Carolina+26.5 vs Georgia and South Florida +32.5 vs Bama which game you take the underdog in????
South Carolina easily.

Gonna cheer for USF like one of my own, but I feel Saban is going to go into that game with every intention of taking out the frustration from last week and the TSIO from last year out on Golesh. USF has a bad defense. It could get out of hand quickly.

Meanwhile in the Georgia game, I think it could be one of those games South Carolina just hangs around in and loses by 14 or so.

South Carolina easily.

Gonna cheer for USF like one of my own, but I feel Saban is going to go into that game with every intention of taking out the frustration from last week and the TSIO from last year out on Golesh. USF has a bad defense. It could get out of hand quickly.

Meanwhile in the Georgia game, I think it could be one of those games South Carolina just hangs around in and loses by 14 or so.
Yea I was thinking South Carolina that is almost 4 Touchdowns, plus Georgia QB still hasn't played against a good team..... not saying South Carolina is good but better than anybody they have played....

I’m assuming you’re a Tennessean, if not, this won’t make any sense.

If you could play for one of two coaches, the first being a Connecticut Yankee and the latter a good ole East Tennessee hillbilly, all else being equal, which would you choose? Many of us would gravitate toward the person we had more in common with culturally.

How is Deion’s pitch any different?
Actually I live in MO and am from NC.

We have moved around the country to include stops in the Chicago area and SeaTac. In both places, our best friends were black. One couple was from Chattanooga and the other from SW Virginia. That had nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with how we grew up- our shared culture and experiences.

That is different from specifically going out and emphasizing that we're the same color or are from the same state or the same ethnic heritage and therefore you should join my team. People should choose the right "fit" and the place that serves their future best.

Your question is an interesting one. Napier is from east TN. Heupel is from SD. Which one would you play for? For me, it is Heupel and that would be true if the jobs were reversed. Midwestern culture is a LOT more like where I grew up than particular parts of the south are now. The values are very similar. Many lifestyle things are the same or similar. When I go "home"... the whole place is run by people who have come from "blue" states with their snobby attitudes and bad "values". That's not true of my neighbors in rural MO or my work associates from small towns and cities across the Midwest.

If someone's accent or birth place really makes that big of a difference to you... then that's on you. I guess someone can make a decision based on skin color assuming that "he's like me". I tend to think those things need to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back