Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't like the guy but hate it for him....he may be done for good at 39 years old..... the Tom Brady play to you're 45 isn't going to happen very often...
Nah, he will just go to the Peruvian jungle on an ayahuasca retreat and purge out all of his negative demons next summer and come back 😂

Not true. You may not have hated on him personally, but I saw so much Kiffin and Freeze fanboying on this site during the last coaching search despite them both being major sleeze balls. Alot of it coming from people disparaging Coach Prime. As far as racial division, you do realize that he's had white players at Jackson St and Colorado right? You do also realize that those players absolutely love the guy as well right? I'm not a Deion fan, but the excuses that some use for wanting him to fail are laughable.
I like freeze but also like Prime. He’s done a good job

I watched the 2001 TN vs FL game last night. It's funny how over time your memory of how things play out changes. In my mind we beat them soundly. We didn't. A few things stood out....

We got screwed by the refs in that game as usual. On two separate occasions we got to Rex Grossman where we caused him to turn over the ball. The first was when he threw the ball backwards and they called it a forward pass. It wasn't even close. The second was an obvious fumble and they called him down. There wasn't replay then but judging by the last game I'm not sure it would have made a difference. There was bias in officiating then and there's bias in officiating now.

Fulmer almost cost us that game. He made a bone headed decision to go for 2 early when there was no need to. That gave them a chance to tie by going for 2 at the end of the game.

Travis Stevens was a man possessed. He was a hard man to tackle. Showed speed, quickness, shiftyness, and power. One all-time great performance.

Casey Clausen had probably the best mental makeup of any qb I've seen wear the orange. He earned that nickname, "the Iceman". Calm cool, and collected. Hendon Hooker would be a close second.

Rex Grossman was one tough dude. I couldn't stand him at the time but we continually knocked him down, beat the ever living dog snot out of him and he continued to make clutch throws, many times as he was falling down. By the way, our dbs couldn't cover granny clampet back then either 😅.
I was at that game and standing in on the field by the endzone when the Gators went for 2. The ball sailed past my feet and I jumped what felt like 10 feet in the air. It was AMAZING!!!

Glitch is our Achilles Heel
Wifey and I were on date night Sunday. Because...

Young linneal bartender was nice, and of course, busy. I explained my surprise, based upon her desire to talk...a lot...and share...a lot. I told her usually we just come here to eat, but that if more than 5 people were there it was impossible to order a drink.

She continued, that she was in charge of it all. Designing, 'wah wah, wah wah.' Not being rude, I kindly explained that i'm 45 and hard of hearing. Could not understand a word. She explained again, and it was something about the drinks....

I asked 'like marketing?' Yup, that was it. I asked why she didnt say that the first time? Even better story, the teenager next to me, who was being oogled by a gross old guy. Was also hard of hearing. She told me some stuff, I couldnt tell you a thing though.

So, glitch, just nodding is best form of communication. Nodding works extremely well, until it doesnt. Lots of times the wife says stuff, and I nod. And then, dont realize ive committed myself to more work.
It is great when you are somewhere and really just don't want to talk to anybody. When they try to talk to you, just point to your ear and say something like "I'm sorry, I have bad hearing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back