Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are some of these guys lol?

“Stormtroopers are boring”

“Let’s do go dark mode, and make the helmets orange, and put a green trim on the numbers.”

What are you, 13?
I’m 30 and those guys are around my age… but give me the storm troopers and the traditional orange tops white pants for our big 3 rivals. Every year

Aaaaand now I have a new Gameday wardrobe.
Shrek 2 Pinocchio

Not true. You may not have hated on him personally, but I saw so much Kiffin and Freeze fanboying on this site during the last coaching search despite them both being major sleeze balls. Alot of it coming from people disparaging Coach Prime. As far as racial division, you do realize that he's had white players at Jackson St and Colorado right? You do also realize that those players absolutely love the guy as well right? I'm not a Deion fan, but the excuses that some use for wanting him to fail are laughable.
Go back to his pro playing days. He was so self promoting that he had those who loved him and those who strongly hated. There was no in between.

I lived in Atlanta during those days and he even had strong haters amongst the Atlanta residents.

Reactions: hooter vol
I won't address the variables in your complete list, but YES I specifically don't like Kiffin for a very common reason, the over abundance of narcissism in everything they have done to date. Not skin color. Years ago if I was a fan of a NFL team it was the early Cowboys in the days of Merridith, Staubach, and White at the helm UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE GUY IN THE HAT. I dropped that quickly when new coaching not only allowed but seemed to welcome on field snarky and Sanders is a poster child of that. Not surprising under the leadership of Johnson and Switzer. Character optional coaches. So I moved on. Quite a contrast between the character displayed by KEY players. Compare and contrast Sanders and Emmet Smith, two big time producers from schools in the same state, in the same era. Character is a personal option. I opt to dislike coaches and players that don't value it. I don't have a clue of the racial breakdown of all the players he dumped on arrival at CU.... His color nor their color matter.

Yes I would be lying if I did not admit I am hoping he treats the leadership at CU like he treated his players and leaves them in the dust. I also currently hope there is a reason he defeated a greatly depleted TCU team by 3 when the loaded version the game just before lost to GA by 60, and then a Neb team I don't have a clue about, fans the flames of glory only to be humbled as the season goes on.

Just the way it is. You don't have to be an overboard man of faith to be a man of character. Not all things legal are moral. I hope CU pays the price allowing him to pull the plug on all the guys their previously chosen leaders brought to that school. I am guessing a temporary spike under his leadership will track like the one seemingly experienced by his previous stop.
Those are valid reasons not to like the guy. I stated before, that I'm not a fan. Never have been. Not as a player or as a coach, but I respected his talent and am able to acknowledge what he's accomplished so far coaching.

Reactions: SugarCC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back