Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is 100% mine!

tenor.gif

db05091677735a540a1f3434fafd7874.gif

The why bring up skin color?
I cannot speak for him, but, IMO, he was just stating that he can see why young, black athletes might gravitate more towards Deion than Heup based upon the success Deion had as a player and has had so far as a coach. He is likely a role model for a lot of these kids anyway, so I think that was pretty much it. That, at this point, it is appealing. Obviously, plenty of black athletes admire and want to play for Coach Heupel, too, but Deion is the hot new girl at school right now.

Last edited:
Many great ones from Major league as well. Probably my favorite baseball movie. Going with Serrano.

View attachment 578583
Gave a Like; but, Eddie was my favorite. My two favorite quotes: "You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?" and "Hey, bartender, Jobu needs a refill!"

Then, after he gets hit with the flying bat, he takes Jobu to the mound for warm-ups. 😂🤣😂🤣

I cannot speak for him, but, IMO, he was just stating that he can see why young, black athletes might gravitate more towards Deion that Heup based upon the success Deion had as a player and has had so far as a coach. He is likely a role model for a lot of these kids anyway, so I think that was pretty much it. That, at this point, it is appealing. Obviously, plenty of black athletes admire and want to play for Coach Heupel, too, but Deion is the hot new girl at school right now.

Thanks for clearing that out.

Makes more sense.

Reactions: drvenner
I cannot speak for him, but, IMO, he was just stating that he can see why young, black athletes might gravitate more towards Deion that Heup based upon the success Deion had as a player and has had so far as a coach. He is likely a role model for a lot of these kids anyway, so I think that was pretty much it. That, at this point, it is appealing. Obviously, plenty of black athletes admire and want to play for Coach Heupel, too, but Deion is the hot new girl at school right now.
statefarm-well-shes-a-guy.gif

Possibly.

My take is he was simply trying to start ish on here.

I have stated it before and I'll state it again, there is bias in officiating. One only has to look at the fumble that was clearly shown on replay to be a fumble and they still got it wrong. That is 100% in your face corruption. There are no ways around it.
I used to not believe that it was corruption. That means that the level of incompetence is incomprehensible. I am starting to drift more towards the planned bias instead of just plain old suckage at their job.

I mean I'd think some HS kids would find Deion a bit off putting, since he's 56 and still acts like he did in his 20s.

In his first year at Colorado he absolutely abused the transfer portal and even cut guys he had brought in himself free within weeks (burning their free transfer in the process). At some point regardless of success that will get old I'd think. Talk is cheap so saying he's looking out for the kid's best interest then just tossing them aside as soon as they aren't deemed useful.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling he's only coaching in college as long as it takes for a NFL owner to give him a shot.

Gave a Like; but, Eddie was my favorite. My two favorite quotes: "You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?" and "Hey, bartender, Jobu needs a refill!"

Then, after he gets hit with the flying bat, he takes Jobu to the mound for warm-ups. 😂🤣😂🤣

Lou Brown the manager was da bomb.

I used to not believe that it was corruption. That means that the level of incompetence is incomprehensible. I am starting to drift more towards the planned bias instead of just plain old suckage at their job.

I for sure think small games where it doesn't matter get some pretty bias/**** officials assigned. But I also think part of the bias is the "I'm the authority" mindset and the old ass officials cult is as bad as any for that level of arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back