Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The margin of victory is not important only the victory and the cost matter. We have two victories at little or no cost. Only bettors care about the margin. How much did we beat Syracuse by in 1998? Who cares we won.
Cumulative margins of victory is actually a great predictor of future success.

Or in footbaw terms, "we didn't play good".

Binary win/loss is the end goal, but margins are the predictors of the future. Fwiw we've had one good margin and one very poor margin. It's not all bad by any means. But there's reason analytics like FPI have dropped us.

Reactions: Glitch
I will say that SEC officials are incompetent and need to be held more accountable.

Yes but what is the outcome to such? Poor refs are fired and replaced by....more refs?

It's the same as politics, humans simply aren't good at this. And observers will never like those in position. Watch any NFL game, you're looking at the best of the best, and it's still LOL.

If CFB is the barometer, which conference does have great refs? Good luck with that one.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I'm not sure it's a huge conspiracy but we've witnessed individual refs that have agendas. The Bama fan ref that stopped the play for no apparent reason on the goal line to give time for Bama to adjust a few years ago is evidence. I can't believe people have blind faith in an organization that has proven time and again their character is suspect.
1694555989173.gif

Sanders specifically mentioned him doing things that haven’t been done before. A black coach coaching a team with 75% black players. Why mention skin color at all? He didn’t have to. He did it for a reason. His statement meant his white players are irrelevant.

Would it have been cool for a white coach to say things like they see a confident white man, coaching a team that’s 75% white? You know good and well it wouldn’t. It would be called for what it is. Racism.
Funny that there’s still white boys on his team.

What’s relevant is that the vast, vast majority of teams with “75% black players” are still led by white coaches. If Deion pointing out that he’s an exception to that rule makes you uncomfortable, that’s your problem. If you think Deion would pass on players with the talent to help his program because they’re white, you’re a fool.

I just listened to bits of Bammaws crying and screaming yesterday on Finebaum. 😂

Bama fans are confirming what has always been the case. Saban has never ever won at Bama in a situation where he was not allowed to cheat with impunity. Everyone knew Sabey bought his first class with endless bags, and nothing was done, he never stopped, and nothing was ever done. It's all been "stolen glory" based on cheating and enforcement bias.

Bama fans confirm this when they repeatedly blame NIL: that everyone can pay players now is the end of Saban, the Bammaws say.

Trying to buy two more SCar tickets so I need them to get their brains beat in in Athens so the price comes down from $270 in the nosebleeds.

Unless anyone on here wants to sell a few to engineerVOL and his son. 🥺 🤲🏻
They’re up to $300 or more for nosebleeds… more than Tennessee Bama… ridiculous imo. Price gouging

Don’t care if Milton has to throw 350 yards and 4 tds or Tennessee has to run 50 times for 300 yards, just win. It will further solidify Heupel as a Top 5-10 coach in the country and that Tennessee is going to have something to say about Georgia winning 3 in a row.

Last edited:
Eh disagree about homecoming. If the seniors want to wear one of the alts, then so be it
Homecoming is about alumni/tradition. Senior day is about the seniors. They still need to wear the ⚪🟠⚪️ for senior day though, since it's the last time wearing the colors.

I like the dark mode around Halloween and that's about it. Maybe the Smokey grays for a western division game, except alabama. Alabama home game should always be ⚪🟠⚪, along with Florida, Georgia, and Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back