Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone really think Colorado is a destination job for Deion? He's using that place to boost his credibility and to make it impossible for an SEC or FSU, Miami, Clemson AD down the road to not hire him. Maybe even to leverage his way into an NFL job. I think he's done a good job and has those kids buying in, but I don't think in the end the 24 class would see him at Colorado when they graduate.
Deion made excellent coaching hires to help him at Colorado. I think that's one reason he's doing well right now.

I watched most of the Austin Peay game last night. I try not to form opinions based on early cupcake games but did see one thing that stood out. John Campbell pass blocking at left tackle is poetry in motion. Seems like a very good portal pickup.

I would say I'm rooting for you this weekend but, since UT is a bigger threat, I'll grudgingly pull for the lowly Gata's to manage an upset. I'm sure you guys will return the favor. :)

Don't like the big line in the UGA-USC game. They don't look like a great team by any stretch, but Rattler can be dangerous when he's hot and I'm not impressed by what I've seen of Bobo 2.0, so far.
Actually, we are rooting for Giant Meteor in the contest between UGA and SCar. Best of luck! lol

I’m assuming you’re a Tennessean, if not, this won’t make any sense.

If you could play for one of two coaches, the first being a Connecticut Yankee and the latter a good ole East Tennessee hillbilly, all else being equal, which would you choose? Many of us would gravitate toward the person we had more in common with culturally.

How is Deion’s pitch any different?
Sanders specifically mentioned him doing things that haven’t been done before. A black coach coaching a team with 75% black players. Why mention skin color at all? He didn’t have to. He did it for a reason. His statement meant his white players are irrelevant.

Would it have been cool for a white coach to say things like they see a confident white man, coaching a team that’s 75% white? You know good and well it wouldn’t. It would be called for what it is. Racism.

The real stat is...

In P5 games at Tennessee for Heupel. His record* when team scores

40+ = 10-0
30-39 = 2-2 (Pitt, Fla, Scar, Clemson)
29- = 0-5 (Fla, Ole Miss, Bama, Uga, Uga)

*Non-OT games (purdue and pitt were OT games)

Better score 40 against the Gators!
Luckily he has his best defense to date.

Still hope we outgun folks, but it's nice to know we don't absolutely have to now.

Feels like the universe is conspiring to make sure the Jets never have a good team.

That is a feeling UT football fans can certainly relate to...
Feel awful for my good Jets buddy. He was excited all offseason just for AR to get wrecked in game 1.

The Jets being better was good for the game too and was a fun storyline. Bleh

I used to not believe that it was corruption. That means that the level of incompetence is incomprehensible. I am starting to drift more towards the planned bias instead of just plain old suckage at their job.
I'm not sure it's a huge conspiracy but we've witnessed individual refs that have agendas. The Bama fan ref that stopped the play for no apparent reason on the goal line to give time for Bama to adjust a few years ago is evidence. I can't believe people have blind faith in an organization that has proven time and again their character is suspect.

Buttermaker is seen at various times in the film drinking Budweiser, Miller High Life, Schlitz "Kingers", Pabst Blue Ribbon, Lucky Lager, Mickey's "Big Mouth", and Coors.

Lowenbrau is/was too high end for Buttermaker
"I want the biggest steak you have and a Lowenbrau". That's what my uncles always had me order when I went out to eat with 'em, especially when we had a cute waitress.

Trying to buy two more SCar tickets so I need them to get their brains beat in in Athens so the price comes down from $270 in the nosebleeds.

Unless anyone on here wants to sell a few to engineerVOL and his son. 🥺 🤲🏻

I’ll be there with my oldest too! I’m waiting out prices, but definitely sweating it. I really just want him to get the full gameday experience though, so anything but an afternoon kick.

Everybody is in their head too much
Really think going on the road and getting away from family, friends, on-campus and just being with teammates might get them loose and forced to just go play ball and have fun.

These guys have shouldered more preseason hype than any UT team since 2016...and probably the mid aughts before that. And we saw what happened in 2016. Took them 2.5 games to kick it into full gear. Might be the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back