Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starts talking about Uf vs UT around 12 or 13 minutes

His feeling about this game is exactly how I feel...BUT...it doesn't mean it is set in stone.

The fact is...if Joe, his WRs and the pass protection wake up...we WILL win...unless the defense just falls completely apart.

I don't think UF let's us run for 200+...they're gonna make Joe and Co win it.

Woke up this morning and come here to get my Vol fix!

Can’t believe a lot of what I’m reading. Vol football is on the rise and with a few exceptions I’m reading a lot of our recruits are going to Colorado. Can’t believe all the love the azzwipe Deion gets on here and worst of all, several on here are saying Florida wins Saturday!

Yes, it’s been since 2003 with Clausen that we last won there but that has zero to do with this game. Don’t care by how much, we win this game!

VOLS gonna win by 17 at least. Offense finally shows up in the first quarter ready to play and put it away early. Gators have to pass to play catch up and our defense records more sacks than either of the first 2 games. Gator fans have left the swamp by fourth quarter when Nico comes in wearing custom Nike gator skin cleats. This time next week national media is all about Nappy's buyout

Can’t believe a lot of what I’m reading. Vol football is on the rise and with a few exceptions I’m reading a lot of our recruits are going to Colorado. Can’t believe all the love the azzwipe Deion gets on here and worst of all, several on here are saying Florida wins Saturday!

Yes, it’s been since 2003 with Clausen that we last won there but that has zero to do with this game. Don’t care by how much, we win this game!
1 player?

I just can’t imagine that offense putting up 30 points on this defense.this is the first time in a long time I’m confident in something going into Gainesville …our defense is built upon stopping the run and seems like that’s all Florida has… I do expect Billy to pull every trick out of his bag though
Florida doesn't even have a ground game. They ran for like 13 total yards against Utah. It was against McNeese they ran for 350+ and 6TDs. I think they've made some tweaks to their run game and emphasized it last week to get reps. They'll run better than they did against Utah but Florida wins this game through the air on both sides of the ball.

Self evaluation: They need to emphasize stopping our run game and forcing Milton to complete intermediate passes, especially 3rd and Long. OL hasn't been great in pass protect and Joe hasn't been super accurate there. If they force turnovers, especially INTs it will be a nightmare for us. Giving UF short field situations where their anemic offense can put some points on the board.

On offense, they're going to struggle running the ball and having time to throw. If they can get protection and test and try to expose our secondary then it could be a long night. Get chunk plays and PI calls. I noticed Austin Peay didn't take any shots over the middle of the field. Seems they respected our safeties, and tested our corners instead by throwing down the sidelines.

We thwart that gameplan with good QB and WR play/connection, OL playing as a cohesive unit, and the defense continuing to play at the level and pace they're currently running. I think it actually takes just doing one of those things right to win, whereas Florida needs both.

Which recruits flipped to Colorado?

We’re being reminded by seemingly everyone that Tennessee hasn’t won in the Swamp since 2003 so I thought it might be worth looking at the context of those games. These were the rankings by AP voters at the time of the game for each team along with the final score.

• 2003 #12 Tennessee 24 #17 Florida 10
  • 2005 #5 Tennessee 7 #6 Florida 16
  • 2007 #22 Tennessee 20 #3 Florida 59
  • 2009 NR Tennessee 13 #1 Florida 28
  • 2011 NR Tennessee 23 #17 Florida 33
  • 2013 NR Tennessee 17 #19 Florida 31
  • 2015 NR Tennessee 27 NR Florida 28
  • 2017 #24 Tennessee 20 #23 Florida 26
  • 2019 NR Tennessee 3 #9 Florida 34
  • 2021 NR Tennessee 14 #11 Florida 38
  • 2023 #11 Tennessee TBD NR Florida TBD
It’s probably been a while since we were last favored going into a game in the swamp but here we are and that is different. I think most times in the recent past (at least since 2003) when we went to Florida they were ranked and we were not. It would seem that Florida would have been favored by Vegas in every one of those games on their turf. The team most expected to win did in fact win. Right now this year we’re expected to win. I think that’s a reasonable expectation and I think this is the first time for that context since 2003. jmo.

Florida doesn't even have a ground game. They ran for like 13 total yards against Utah. It was against McNeese they ran for 350+ and 6TDs. I think they've made some tweaks to their run game and emphasized it last week to get reps. They'll run better than they did against Utah but Florida wins this game through the air on both sides of the ball.

Self evaluation: They need to emphasize stopping our run game and forcing Milton to complete intermediate passes, especially 3rd and Long. OL hasn't been great in pass protect and Joe hasn't been super accurate there. If they force turnovers, especially INTs it will be a nightmare for us. Giving UF short field situations where their anemic offense can put some points on the board.

On offense, they're going to struggle running the ball and having time to throw. If they can get protection and test and try to expose our secondary then it could be a long night. Get chunk plays and PI calls. I noticed Austin Peay didn't take any shots over the middle of the field. Seems they respected our safeties, and tested our corners instead by throwing down the sidelines.

We thwart that gameplan with good QB and WR play/connection, OL playing as a cohesive unit, and the defense continuing to play at the level and pace they're currently running. I think it actually takes just doing one of those things right to win, whereas Florida needs both.

I really like this analysis makes me feel a little better…I’m just worried for joe coming out making mistakes early and become a headcase with 3 quarters left..seems like it takes him forever to recover from that verse hendon’s mentality of “snap and clear” last year..I’m not worried about our defensive line from DL’s to LB’s but our corners are notorious for PI’s and not looking back at the ball and Florida at home will get that call every time

I just can’t imagine that offense putting up 30 points on this defense.this is the first time in a long time I’m confident in something going into Gainesville …our defense is built upon stopping the run and seems like that’s all Florida has… I do expect Billy to pull every trick out of his bag though

I feel the same way I did last year before LSU. I think we simply have the better team and it will show.

We haven’t really been able to say that the last 20 years. Maybe we had better players at times, but we didn’t have coaches who knew how to win.

Last weekend was a big wake up call that potential alone isn’t enough—I expect them to come in focused and ready to prove something.

I really like this analysis makes me feel a little better…I’m just worried for joe coming out making mistakes early and become a headcase with 3 quarters left..seems like it takes him forever to recover from that verse hendon’s mentality of “snap and clear” last year..I’m not worried about our defensive line from DL’s to LB’s but our corners are notorious for PI’s and not looking back at the ball and Florida at home will get that call every time
Joe throws for 300yds and 4 scores....book it...

I feel the same way I did last year before LSU. I think we simply have the better team and it will show.

We haven’t really been able to say that the last 20 years. Maybe we had better players at times, but we didn’t have coaches who knew how to win.

Last weekend was a big wake up call that potential alone isn’t enough—I expect them to come in focused and ready to prove something.

Buddy I hope you’re right but best believe they’re watching last weeks game tape from Austin Peays side of things on defense.overall I think we were just beating ourselves in a bad way the whole game.

So with Campbell being able to come back next year, our OL is pretty much figured out next year:

LT: Campbell
LG: Karic
C: Davis (should be able to come back with his covid year)
G: Nichols
RT: Mincey

I think what I really like is this will be Heupel's 2nd time in the swamp and in the first game the score was 17-14 at half for the Gators. They adjusted at half and our offense couldn't make plays while they scored 21 unanswered.

That was the 11th ranked Gators with Dan Mullin at HC and Todd Grantham at DC though.

The bottom line is this, the only reason projections and people are predicting this to be close is because our offense has “sputtered” the past 2 week’s against an FCS team and one of the worst P5 teams. Our defense also allowed a lot of yards late vs AP which is bad for computer models. Had we come out and looked dominant on offense we would be 2 TD favorites.

We’ve punted 9 times, last year through the first 5 games we punted 10 times which included games against Pitt, UF and LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back