Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t imagine that offense putting up 30 points on this defense.this is the first time in a long time I’m confident in something going into Gainesville …our defense is built upon stopping the run and seems like that’s all Florida has… I do expect Billy to pull every trick out of his bag though
Every trick....so there are even more types of bubble screens that be hasn't shown yet. Clinic will be in session!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So with Campbell being able to come back next year, our OL is pretty much figured out next year:

LT: Campbell
LG: Karic
C: Davis (should be able to come back with his covid year)
G: Nichols
RT: Mincey
I think it is highly unlikely Davis starts at Center next season. And it might be even more unlikely that Nichols ever starts a game here. I hate saying that. He is a mountain. But he does not have any dog in him. Practices and plays with no fight or toughness.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I don’t think they do either. But Florida and its fans certainly do.
LSU thought they were unbeatable in Tiger Stadium too.

We'll just have to keep beating the Gayts until they internalize the lesson. Hopefully a fast start Saturday puts them in a fretful state of mind for the remainder of the beatdown!

September 13

Defy Superstition Day.

National Defy Superstition Day is celebrated on September 13. The 13th of the month is a significant number, and it’s the day when many people are defying superstitions around the world. The etymology of ‘superstition’ is from the Latin word ‘superstitio,’ which means “to stand over or above.” It describes the belief in or practice of events or processes that are not explained by science or reason.

What are some of you morans biggest superstitions???:D

I have many..........
* Always use the same ball marker
* New dip after every Bogey

They need to watch Uga and Pitt film from last year. Those two teams had the best gameplan and both were almost identical. Uga just has far more talent. Our run game is too good this year to have 2 deep safeties and drop 6 in coverage like AP kept doing
I don't know if UFs front 6-7 is fast and good enough to do what UGA and Pitt did...people don't understand that Pitt had some players up front.

And even in those games there were open opportunities, especially against Pitt...if Hendon had been on that day we would have scored 2-3 more TDs and OT would have never happened.

I don't think Heup or his team believe in the weight of "history." Unless, of course, the media and fans can persuade them of it.

GBO! 🍊 Beat down of the gayts incoming! 🔨
i don’t believe in that history either…. we beat them in 1990, 92,98,2001,2003,2004…. They were a slightly better team than us and beat us a few more times than we beat them…. they started a run when phil got lazy and declined then it started our era of being coached by morons….If Heup had been coach at UT after Urban left Florida…. we would be on huge run ourselves… Let’s go WTFA!!!

Some surface level stats here. Still too early in the year to draw too much from these though.

View attachment 578824
Their defensive performance should be discounted just as much as ours since they played two back up QB's at Utah and they had a very vanilla gameplan. Utah didn't try anything dynamic at all when they got the lead. Just tried to run the clock out the entire second half.

Every trick....so there are even more types of bubble screens that be hasn't shown yet. Clinic will be in session!

I meant that in a sense of him doing something we don’t expect…didn’t he do like a fake field goal or something on us last year because they we’re losing?

Reactions: therickbol
I don't know if UFs front 6-7 is fast and good enough to do what UGA and Pitt did...people don't understand that Pitt had some players up front.

And even in those games there were open opportunities, especially against Pitt...if Hendon had been on that day we would have scored 2-3 more TDs and OT would have never happened.
And Cedric Tillman had some really big drops despite his gaudy stats.

I just told a buddy 450 passing 80 rushing with 6 total tds.
What is soooo frustrating is that we KNOW that Joe has this kind if game in him..if he could just find it.

I kinda hope Florida knocks the piss out of him on a keeper and jars his talent loose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back