Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Dee Williams has been wanting to play offense, idk what it hurts to give him a shot there, he doesn’t contribute on defense that much but is electric with the ball in his hands
Give the man a jet sweep or bubble screen and see what he can do. Couldn't hurt anything, as long as he dont fumble.

He can, but I don’t see it happening unless he misses several more games this year
I know that is the general thought right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back. Just like Warren and Flowers and Vescovi and JJJ, a lot of these seniors enter their senior season with the expectation they are going to have a great year and not come back, either because they get drafted or they expect to be ready to move on. When they aren't projected to be drafted or they are faced with the decision to move on, the tune changes a little bit.

At this point it would certainly be a surprise if Mays is drafted. There are typically 5-9 centers drafted each year. I looked at a few different draft lists.

Mays wasn't in the top 10 in CFN
He wasn't in the top 7 in WalterFootball
He wasn't in the top 20 on NFLDraftBuzz
He wasn't in the top 16 on Drafttek

i don’t believe in that history either…. we beat them in 1990, 92,98,2001,2003,2004…. They were a slightly better team than us and beat us a few more times than we beat them…. they started a run when phil got lazy and declined then it started our era of being coached by morons….If Heup had been coach at UT after Urban left Florida…. we would be on huge run ourselves… Let’s go WTFA!!!
We both saw in person that beatdown Majors put on them back in the day. I think that makes a lifelong impression.
Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 5.54.18 PM.png
Heup is the man to make it a way of life.

The top receiving yards is only thing that pertubs me.... our WR's have been hyped all year by some and we can't get one in top 10????
We have not thrown the ball downfield but once in the first two games...so this is what happens.

I really hope that changes this week.

I know that is the general thought right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back. Just like Warren and Flowers and Vescovi and JJJ, a lot of these seniors enter their senior season with the expectation they are going to have a great year and not come back, either because they get drafted or they expect to be ready to move on. When they aren't projected to be drafted or they are faced with the decision to move on, the tune changes a little bit.

At this point it would certainly be a surprise if Mays is drafted. There are typically 5-9 centers drafted each year. I looked at a few different draft lists.

Mays wasn't in the top 10 in CFN
He wasn't in the top 7 in WalterFootball
He wasn't in the top 20 on NFLDraftBuzz
He wasn't in the top 16 on Drafttek
Would be a much more ideal succession plan being able to ease William Satterwhite in gradually rather than trial by fire.

Just read this and copy/pasted:

The #Vols defense has been causing 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙘 in the backfield!
• Lead the nation in sacks
• 2nd in the nation in TFLs

Okay, so critics can say that we haven't played "anybody". Well, number one Georgia hasn't played anyone either and they don't lead the nation in sacks.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back