Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both words sounds pretty dumb to me. Riley doesn't run the same offense as Heupel, so I doubt Dabo "brought him in to run Heup's offense." And there's no way Dabo would commit football suicide by implementing and practicing an offense for 6 months, then on gameday totally unimplement it and go to something totally different that none of the players know how to run.

Yes Dabo is a tool, but there seems to be a lot of silly rumors being made up by people who don't like him, which is almost everyone.
So?

If you handed Dabo our playbook and let him call our game one night, it would likely approximate what we saw last night. Lacking decision-making mental speed to push tempo, he would turn us into plodders. He'd run our option play a lot. No scripted sequences. He would not know how to adjust to what was given. He'd pick and chose off our play sheet just as he proceeded last night. We have a swing pass he could call many times. Etc., etc. He would prolly tell the media before the game that our FG kicker was good from more than 70 yards. It wouldn't need a different playbook or whole new formations. Just lack of imagination and processing speed. We have a play that uses a fullback. He wouldn't "need" Halzle's help. It wouldn't be "suicide." It would simply be a huge "L." But not for lack of trying his utmost.

Dabo would start his guest appearance by running through the T before the players and alone, making the grandest entrance in sports all about himself.

Last edited:
What is it with the SEC in recent times hiring absolute dweebs for coaches? You show me clips of Mullen, Drinkwitz, and Beamer with no context of where they work and I would bet dollar to donuts they were all carny acts or small-time showmen doing prop comedy at dive bars.

No. I said have...as in own. We definitely rented it out last year, but we don't own it.

Now. Along your line of thought (which I reeeaaaly like) we could definitely do with owning a few more stadiums.

Son, going forward if it floats, flys, or #####, better to rent than own
--My divorce lawyer

@drvenner

Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher? Apparently, she couldn't control her pupils.

I was feeling cold, so I went to stand in the corner of the room. I've always heard they were 90 degrees, but I was still cold.

I went to a pudgy psychic recently. He was a real four chin teller.

I saw a pirate on the street corner selling corn.

It was a buccaneer.

I'm being haunted by an alcoholic ghost. He's addicted to boos.

Scientists recently discovered a dinosaur that only had one eye.

They decided to name it a do-you-think-he-saw-us.

Bought an old computer today......

It was just two bits.......
You know how I could tell my computer was old?

It lost its memory.

Someone asked me the difference between ignorance and apathy.

I said don't know, don't care.

Just occurred to me. I'm pretty sure we are the only College football team in the country that has three home stadiums!

1. Neyland Stadium, Knoxville TN.
2. Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN
3. First Bank Stadium, Nashville, TN ...currently having renovations done to make it somewhat more accommodating to fans.
You mean somebody bought the naming rights to that dump?........ What pathetic losers..... I'd never do business with a bank with such low standards.

Reactions: Glitch
Can someone do me a favor...well, do us all a favor, actually. Can someone who knows how to do it, or has an account, change Heupel’s picture on his Wiki page, please? It's annoyed me for a bit now. Maybe change it to a pic of him on the sideline, in orange. Anything would be better than the one that's up now. TIA

Clemson losing badly to Duke, LSU getting their doors blown off late by FSU, Ohio State sleepwalking against Indiana. If Alabama loses to Texas this weekend, it will really feel like the CFP era power structure is over and a new hierarchy is beginning. I’m here for it, because Tennessee is poised to be back near the top of it.
IMG_0010.jpeg
If NIL is permitted

pouting-side-eye-q5qt7fo3uwxins8b.gif
😂😂😂

Wow..ark st is awful. Looks like Butch is very much up to his old s&c policies. They were extremely slow, couldn't get off blocks, couldn't tackle, couldn't stop receivers even holding and interfering. Couldn't do anything in the red zone. It was the epitome of a poorly coached team. They should really make a movie about this con job he has pulled in the college coaching world. It is quiet remarkable how he has absolutely stolen millions of dollars from universities. The ride is over now though. Nobody will give him a shot again.

He hasn't stolen anything. It was the DA AD'S that hired his sorry a$$. Ark St may actually be happy that they don't have a coach that will be using them as a stepping stone. On the other hand, if he keeps taking 73 pt beatdown's, he won't be employed at Ark St very long.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back