Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is to a speedy recovery!

My son had a significant laceration to his wrist back in July. His hand got caught between the tire and metal box on a Snap-on pit cart toolbox as it was being moved. The sharp edge of the stainless steel layed him open. After surgery to reattach 3 tendons plus PT he is now back to his baseline.

View attachment 579302View attachment 579303
That sucks that he got hurt like that.

But on the flip side, make sure you tell him, "Chicks dig scars".

No offense, Jacket, but some of this seems contradictory. He cares about kids but will boot them to the curb if it fits his interest? That makes it sound like Deion cares about Deion, and if you fit into what is best for Deion then he cares about you too..... for now.

You got it. He’s complex but he cares about kids and is a great mentor when they produce. It’s complicated but it isn’t.

But it’s not completely clear just how much Mays has done this week in team settings. He has done more and more as the week has went on but coming off a hernia surgery, it will depend on how much Mays can take in terms of pain.

A lot of his availability will be dictated by Mays himself and how much he can handle. All eyes will be on Mays in warm ups to see if Heupel’s anticipation does indeed become a reality. Mays will be 5.5 weeks removed from the surgical procedure he had on August 8th. The feeling has been it would be a 4-6 week recovery process. So Mays is certainly in that window of returning. This one truly feels like a game day decision.

It feels like Gerald Mincey may get his first start at right tackle. Mincey appears to have been more effective, especially in the run game, as he has split time with Jeremiah Crawford.

Tennessee will be without Christian Charles who injured his ankle/foot last week and will miss the rest of the season.

Elijah Herring will get his second straight start at linebacker and all indications are that Jeremiah Telander is pushing his way into the two deep as a rotational guy. How this game goes will dictate how much Brian Jean-Mary will rotate at his position.

Up front defensively is where Tennessee has been their best and they are healthy across the board as Rodney Garner will continue with his 12 man rotation.
-VQ

Tennessee extended an offer to 2024 Texas A&M DL commit Gabriel Reliford. We will see where things go here but he has expressed early interest in taking a visit this fall. Since the summer, he has been a fast riser, and the Aggies will likely have to battle down the stretch to hold onto him as new teams continue to come into the mix.
-VQ

@EdEcEko77

There is corroboration of Texas parent Angie Wisner's statement on Saturday night that Bama fans threw beer cans and water bottles and spit at the visiting team's parents section. (#5,638)

Dr. April Finkley, the mother of Texas sophomore and former Alabama high school standout Justice Finkley, posted:

"This win hits different for me. I’m from AL. BHam is my City I know T-Town like the back of my hand. Our game day experience included being harassed because our son is a “traitor” and having beer cans thrown at our section the whole game. So I stand on this energy right here!! [Angie Wisner statement]

#SEC #Sankey #BamaMustProvideAllSecurityVideos #BamaMustChangeStadiumAlcoholPolicies #BamaAttacksOnWomenMustStop

Last edited:
If y’all missed it, Lululemon x Vols drops this morning at 7am on VolShop.

I’d imagine it’ll all go super fast. Figured I’d let y’all know if that’s your thing

Edit: never mind not dropping online today, only on campus, that’s so stupid lmaoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back