Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Volquest and 247 analysis of the first game, they all talk about the obvious drop off from Hooker to Milton as if that is an obvious take from game one.

Hooker’s stats vs Ball St last year:
18-25, 221 yds, 2 td

I think everyone is comparing game one Milton to Bama game Hooker.

So many people mainly rivals fans, National media and even our media have carried this narrative ab him so loudly and for so long that he gets crushed no matter what he does….It sucks. He had two bad drives and was still 70% and would have had another 70yards if Keyton catches a ball that he typically always handles. Quite frankly with a better defense and the RB room we have he just simply doesn’t have to be Hendon and that’s ok. Also they were very vanilla. Just tiring seeing him get absolutely crushed no matter what he does esp at times when he doesn’t deserve it.

Last edited:
Would that take part of his pension from the NFL?
Would need to explicitly mention the pension in the contract because contracts are construed against the drafter. May not survive scrutiny though under an unconscionability analysis either.

This is really going to boost UF's recruiting. I mean what family wouldn't want their son to get screwed out of multiple millions of dollars before he has even had the opportunity to earn said millions!
Chicken Chicken Bro GIF - Chicken Chicken Bro Destroy - Discover & Share  GIFs

Would they count as "NFL earnings"?
Prob not. Contracts cannot be ambiguous or the tie goes to the person who didn't draft it. Also pensions are typically coming from a different source. A portion of your earnings go into an investment fund and the pension comes from that instead.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Prob not. Contracts cannot be ambiguous or the tie goes to the person who didn't draft it. Also pensions are typically coming from a different source. A portion of your earnings go into an investment fund and the pension comes from that instead.
What's an avg NFL career? 6years? Probably avg $1mil/yr minimum. So around a minimum of $900k he'd owe for a $400k "loan". Sounds about like my first credit card.

Last edited:
Clemson losing badly to Duke, LSU getting their doors blown off late by FSU, Ohio State sleepwalking against Indiana. If Alabama loses to Texas this weekend, it will really feel like the CFP era power structure is over and a new hierarchy is beginning. I’m here for it, because Tennessee is poised to be back near the top of it.
It is kind of funny to call a hierarchy where Texas, FSU, and Tennessee are in contention "new" lol.

I think all three of those teams have massive barriers to becoming perennial contenders.

I can tell you that even if Tennessee, FSU, and Texas all make the playoff this year... If Georgia walks through everybody to win their third straight title, absolutely no one will be talking about parity or a new hierarchy of elite teams. And that's kind of what we've seen in the CFB era. There has been quite a bit of parity in terms of the final AP top 5 every year. But way less parity in terms of who is winning the championship. I think that trend is reflected in recruiting rankings as well.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Josh Pate on Clemson fans and Dabo:

You guys at Clemson like to say the tiger paw is different. Clemson is no different than any other program out there, I hate to burst your bubble. The formula to win is no different. They have a unique culture there, I will grant you that, but what it takes to win is ultimately to hire right, go and get the right players, developing them and putting them into positions to succeed. The formulas no different just because you have that tiger paw on your helmet. You like to think you’re different because you’re a fan of that program, you’re an alum of that program, that’s great. I want you to love your program but you need to understand something. They win the same way at Tennessee and Arkansas that they do at Clemson. (👀). And when you don’t do the things you’re supposed to do at Clemson, that Tiger paw ain’t going to save you, does it? You lose the same way the other programs lose. One of two things is about to happen at Clemson, and this may sound extreme but I don’t think it is. Either Dabo is about to dive headfirst into the transfer portal, or Dabo is going to retire. He is going to leave the profession. I believe he detests the direction the sport is going. It’s all about adapting. I think he knows that, I don’t think he’s blind to it, but he’s going to find out in a few weeks when Florida state comes to town because that’s a place, that’s a program, that’s a man in Mike Norvel that has dabbled in the method of talent acquisition and said, “if it’s afforded to us, not only am I going to dabble in it, I’m going to embrace it. That’s my duty to my team. Or it’s a dereliction of duty to my team if I don’t do it.” And that’s what Dabo is guilty of right now.

Last edited:
I'd give them 15% of my NFL money for $400k upfront. Seems OK to me.
Pre taxed NFL money. Based off of his rookie contract alone that 400k upfront cost him 600k, which isn't bad cost for insurance but clearly not him making money from what name imagine and likeness was intended for. It will really start costing him if he signs a second deal.

Pre taxed NFL money. Based off of his rookie contract alone that 400k upfront cost him 600k, which isn't bad cost for insurance but clearly not him making money from what name imagine and likeness was intended for. It will really start costing him if he signs a second deal.
For sure a bad idea for him. But I stand by my analysis with regards to my NFL money.

Reactions: VolInDayton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back