Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

From another thread:

This is incorrect. This “deal” is specific to this player, and the player was strongly-advised AGAINST taking this deal, but wanted that quick $400k. It had nothing to do with Florida or any of their AD-endorsed collectives.

On the Gervon Dexter situation: BLA will lose this lawsuit. They violated Florida NIL law and they weren't licensed to practice in Florida.

They reached out to Dexter privately for the deal and rushed Dexter to sign without notifying any of UF's people about the contract or deal. It happened outside of the scope of UF.

Dexter got swindled, but this is the precise reason the state of Florida passed their NIL law to protect student athletes. Their law explicitly states that all NIL contracts be terminated after a student athlete leaves a Florida university. That protects athletes from predatory contracts like this one that try to trick kids/young adults out of their future income.

It's a predatory loan. It's actually identical to what talent agencies do to musicians when they sign them to record deals, "Here's $10 million to go with your deal but we will take 20% off of everything you earn performing and record sales and 80-90% of sales from your name, image, and likeness."

SIAP but sounding like Keenan Pili may be injured and out for an extended period of time... Time for Herring and Carter to step up, hopefully they're up for the challenge.
That really sucks, if true. I know we have some depth at LB, but I think he was poised to have a big season here.

SIAP but sounding like Keenan Pili may be injured and out for an extended period of time... Time for Herring and Carter to step up, hopefully they're up for the challenge.
What You Talkin Bout Willis GIFs | Tenor

Pre taxed NFL money. Based off of his rookie contract alone that 400k upfront cost him 600k, which isn't bad cost for insurance but clearly not him making money from what name imagine and likeness was intended for. It will really start costing him if he signs a second deal.
That contract should have made him ineligible for NCAAF, as it was basically an agent contract for professional earnings. i.e. Sounds like the $$$ wasn't to come from NIL, but from player's contract.

Aaaaaaand there's the VQ article. Pili out with upper body injury confirmed. Rumor going around is torn tricep which i would assume is a season ending deal? Man i hate that for him he seemed like he was poised for a big season for us.
What LB really needs triceps? Rub some dirt on it and get in there, kid.

Aaaaaaand there's the VQ article. Pili out with upper body injury confirmed. Rumor going around is torn tricep which i would assume is a season ending deal? Man i hate that for him he seemed like he was poised for a big season for us.
Terrible, for him and for us, if true. 😔 He was going to be a stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back