64.7% completion %
2,813 passing yards
7.9 yard per attempt
20 Passing TDs
5 INTs
Total TDs: 27

Those numbers "mirror" to me.
Brilliant I tell ya...👍

Hey guys....JT3 has really set me straight...he has REALLY opened my eyes to the truth, and the truth is....Josh Heupel has OBVIOUSLY forgot how to offensive football.

Now I'm really stressing about early onset Alzheimers or Dementia...OR...maybe he has spiraled into deep meth abuse which has destroyed his cognitive ability...I am really worried now for our future...🥴

We will have to deep dive this another day bc I would say we were less explosive bc we didn't dial up many. We didnt throw the ball deep alot. The arm strength comment AND deep ball accuracy comment was to rebute any mention that those were reasons we didn't (not saying you said that). We also didn't have guys running wide open like in years past outside of the 2-3 drops by Keyton.

We really not disagreeing though. I'm just saying Joe wasn't the only reason for our play (not specifically explosive plays). That was the original discussion.
We're not far apart, and it's not that big of a deal. But you did lay it largely on play-calling. My point is two-fold.

(1) If a team had glaring weaknesses that the previous roster didn't show, a competent staff will HAVE to call a game differently. You can't fault them for that. It's what they have to do. For example, if Joe can't land the deep ball and the staff doggedly calls long balls, then THAT is the malpractice. (Just an example.)

Another example: Stats seem to show that he called a lot more 4th down attempts in '22 than in '23. Do you think it's because he had a change of character? Or forgot his favorite 4th down calls? Or do you think he saw the chronic lack of execution on this year's offense and thought the most appropriate call more times than not was to play field position and live to fight another drive?

(2) IMHO, CJH has built up a lot of faith as Mizzu OC, UCF play-caller, and the first two years at UT. I refuse to assume (as some here seem to) that he's all of a sudden forgotten what the hell he's doing. Especially with the glaring problems at several offensive positions, it seems much more reasonable to suspect that he was probably doing a hell of a job working around those issues to give us as much offensive success as we did have.

Yall making this harder than what is.

The whole stat comparison was to show that Joe having "similar" numbers or "mirroring" stats to a Heisman candidate should prove he wasn't the ONLY reason for our offense to regress compared to last year. Nobody said he was better than Hendo or "equally effective lol" or didn't have any limitations. I watch like yall watched and we know he wasn't great. He also wasn't awful like some claim he is/was. That's all I'm saying.

My original comment was that Joe, WRs, Oline, AND Coaching (including the loss of Golesh) all played a role in our regression. Not sure why this is a debate. If you think the coaches shouldn't be included, I'm happy to debate that.

But if everything was bc of Joe, let's agree to disagree and move forward.

Lastly, if you disagree with me you can kick rocks!!! 🤣🤣 #ikidikid

Hey guys....JT3 has really set me straight...he has REALLY opened my eyes to the truth, and the truth is....Josh Heupel has OBVIOUSLY forgot how to offensive football.

Now I'm really stressing about early onset Alzheimers or Dementia...OR...maybe he has spiraled into deep meth abuse which has destroyed his cognitive ability...I am really worried now for our future...🥴
Yea bc I said that 😞. Smh.

So I'm clear, coaches completely blameless right?

The whole stat comparison was to show that Joe having "similar" numbers or "mirroring" stats to a Heisman candidate should prove he wasn't the ONLY reason for our offense to regress compared to last year. Nobody said he was better than Hendo or "equally effective lol" or didn't have any limitations. I watch like yall watched and we know he wasn't great. He also wasn't awful like some claim he is/was. That's all I'm saying.

My original comment was that Joe, WRs, Oline, AND Coaching (including the loss of Golesh) all played a role in our regression. Not sure why this is a debate. If you think the coaches shouldn't be included, I'm happy to debate that.

As I've alluded to, for me the jury's still out. I'm not sure I'm ready to agree with you that the staff deserves blame for eeking out 8-4 or 9-4 with the issues we saw this year. And I'm not going to knee-jerk and assume that the change in play-calling was somehow a coaching regression. Again, if they have a QB that just can't consistently hit X-Passes. It's not coaching malpractice to stop calling those plays. You can only cook the recipes that you have ingredients for.

Again, I think CJH has earned faith until we have more to prove the belief that he somehow regressed in football IQ--especially when you and I both agree there was some mold on all of his ingredients this year (for whatever reason).

Was the coaching perfect? Definitely not. It never is. Should the offensive staff get "blame" (your word) for getting 8 wins after the execution we saw on-field? I personally think not.

Yea bc I said that 😞. Smh.

So I'm clear, coaches completely blameless right?
Do you really think he suddenly forgot how to call plays?...I don't.

I think Josh Heupel wrung just about every drop of offense he could out of this extremely flawed, thin along the OL roster...that's what I think...instead of "blaming" him...I think he did a great job considering what he had to work with.

As I've alluded to, for me the jury's still out. I'm not sure I'm ready to agree with you that the staff deserves blame for eeking out 8-4 or 9-4 with the issues we saw this year. And I'm not going to knee-jerk and assume that the change in play-calling was somehow a coaching regression. Again, if they have a QB that just can't consistently hit X-Passes. It's not coaching malpractice to stop calling those plays. You can only cook the recipes that you have ingredients for.

Again, I think CJH has earned faith until we have more to prove the belief that he somehow regressed in football IQ--especially when you and I both agree there was some mold on all of his ingredients this year (for whatever reason).

Was the coaching perfect? Definitely not. It never is. Should the offensive staff get "blame" (your word) for getting 8 wins after the execution we saw on-field? I personally think not.
OMG...you are such more eloquent and patient when arguing.

@JT3 everything OC says...it's what I'm saying...only nicer.

VN Store

Back