Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I always tell people. Just go downhill. You'll find a stream eventually, then follow it to the rive, then follow that to civilization. Shouldn't take more than 3 days. If you're hungry enough you can eat almost anything. Will you get sick, more than likely but they'll take you to the hospital
There are too many variables such as allergies, etc. Id say in an emergent situation likr a sprained ankle/broken leg.Stay put, start a fire, try to stay off the ground. If not hurt, 👆🏻.

If you have a phone call @SoilVol

I hate AL. And I was so excited they were going downhill the way they looked against a TX team that didn’t look good. But they kept getting better. They played down to the Auburn team that looked like it was in shambles the same way TN did against SC last year. TX did keep winning but in a conference that is nothing like the SEC even in a down year. But it is natural to want TX or anyone to be better than AL.

He may not have been HH, but he got better.

Guy nailed it.

Heupel and this offense is something special.

But it's also "human". We were dead last in the SEC in returning production. A ton of that was offense. And yet we still landed in the top third nationally in scoring offense and top half of the SEC.

The next 2 years should be a lot of fun.

I hate AL. And I was so excited they were going downhill the way they looked against a TX team that didn’t look good. But they kept getting better. They played down to the Auburn team that looked like it was in shambles the same way TN did against SC last year. TX did keep winning but in a conference that is nothing like the SEC even in a down year. But it is natural to want TX or anyone to be better than AL.
Yup. I think the Auburn game was them looking ahead to Georgia already and not taking the team very seriously. May Washington win it all this year, please! Ha

SEC had 62 NFL draft picks last year, more than any other conference and Big 10 was the only one even remotely close. 40 of those 62 were taken in the first four rounds where the best players typically are drafted. Again, far more than any other conference.

Most of those players, who were critical to their teams’s success, were not playing in the bowl. Easy to see just with UT. Our best guys weren’t out there against Clemson. We still won, but easy to see how that impacts chance of winning a bowl game.

It affects the SEC more than any other conference. Also imagine portal will be having an impact as well especially on depth and experience.
Yes. You can’t look at bowl games anymore because of this. And the SEC loses more players while playing teams with better records.

For context how difficult the new SEC is:

Expected wins per Bill C.:

UGA 10.2 (11.5 in 2023)
Tx 9.5
Bama 9.4 (10.5 in 2023)
Mizzou 9.4
LSU 8.8
OM 8.6
UT 8.1
Tamu 8.1
OU 7.8
UK 6.9

----Bowl Eligibilty----

USCjr 5.5
Auburn 5.3
Arky 5.3
Miss St 4.7
Florida 4.6
Vandy 2.5

Mizzou with easily the softest schedule (would be 51st this year).

ELEVEN of the 16 teams' schedules would rank top 5 this year 👀

Fwiw we'd have the 3rd easiest schedule, even with UGA, Bama, OU 👀 The days of scheduling even somewhat tough OOC games are over

Last edited:
Milroe was awful until about half way through the year. The Bama team that is now is completely different than when Texas played them earlier in the season. If they rematch, Bama will beat them.
Speculation. Pure and simple.
The completely different Bama team with Milton as he is now, needs a Hail Mary to beat Auburn.
Then they beat UGA.
Never know, good or bad team, if they are gonna play their full potential, their average or below their potential.
That’s why we actually play the games.

For context how difficult the new SEC is:

Expected wins per Bill C.:

UGA 10.2
Tx 9.5
Bama 9.4
Mizzou 9.4
LSU 8.8
OM 8.6
UT 8.1
Tamu 8.1
OU 7.8
UK 6.9

----Bowl Eligibilty----

USCjr 5.5
Auburn 5.3
Arky 5.3
Miss St 4.7
Florida 4.6
Vandy 2.5

Mizzou with easily the softest schedule (would be 51st this year).

ELEVEN of the 16 teams' schedules would rank top 5 this year 👀

Fwiw we'd have the 3rd easiest schedule, even with UGA, Bama, OU 👀 The days of scheduling even somewhat tough OOC games are over
Would that be the same in the ACC? Nooooo

Bama sure did turn it on after halftime of our game.....😑

Yeah this dude is at least playing special teams.

If we had to I really think we would be fine if we had to put him out there.

The LB room is in a good place.

You know Pili, Carter, Telander, Herring and Perry can go play. That's five guys that you can trust for sure.

Then you got Jalen Smith, Ben Bolton (Brian Jean-Mary has mentioned him) Spillman, Burns and now you're adding a senior in Eli Purcell with 22 starts under his belt at Wofford with experience against FBS schools.

Night and day since 2021.
Not sure if serious. But LB room has bodies but nothing is proven. And you cannot trust Herring or Perry to go play. Herring was bad and they barely played Perry. Freshmen overtook him quickly. And Carter is a specimen but he looked very lost like most freshmen do.

Now, I do think Telander, Carter, and Smith make big jumps this year and will be good SEC LB. I doubt Perry every truly plays here with Spillman and Burns coming in now and the young ones having a year to grow.

Would that be the same in the ACC? Nooooo
If they added 2 heavyweights? I'd guess all those teams would also drop by ~1 loss on average.

But no...they (Commissioner A and Commissioner B) would rather kill off the ACC 😔

Realignment is just making this worse. It's embarrassing how backwards this game is organized. No pro league would ever let it get this far, for the good of the game.

Smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back