Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of Into The Wild.

The real life guy was apparently, tragically, only 30 miles from civilization had he followed water. He believed he was much further from anyone.
If memory serves, he was closer than that. 30 miles is a good clip. Perhaps it was that there was a bridge near the river that 'cut him off'. but at that point his mind had given in to the inevitable.

Proper planning and contingencies wouldve saved his life. sone states require hiking buddies, which is no more than a tag, with an in case of entry l emergency number. Appalchians typically have decent cell coverage, esp at Trailheads. But, most S&R teams are trained volunteers, and FR. Still rely on old fashioned shoutinh.

Any help they can get is valuable, also, personal responsibility not having to put those guys and gals in danger, in middle of the night.

Last edited:
Yep. Our fans often act like the SEC is the NFL. Texas would be in the CFP this year in the SEC. Yes, they came within an eyelash of losing to KState with Ewers out. Guess what? Missouri needed to hit the longest FG in SEC history to beat KState at home as time expired…and that was WITH their starting QB. How’d Missouri do in the SEC this year?

Texas would’ve been just fine in the SEC this year. Probably 12-1.
Increasing the number of teams that can beat you usually means you drop one you shouldn’t have. I think Texas will be a good team in the conference but they definitely will have a harder schedule week in and out. This year was kind of a down year for the confeeence as a whole

If memory serves, he was closer than that. 30 miles is a good clip. Perhaps it was that there was a bridge near the river that 'cut him off'. but at that point his mind had given in to the inevitable.

Proper planning and contingencies wouldve saved his life. sone states require hiking buddies, which is no more than a tag, with an in case of entry l emergency number. Appalchians typically have decent cell coverage, esp at Trailheads. But, most S&R teams are trained volunteers, and FR. Still rely on old fashioned shoutinh.

Any help they can get is valuable, also, personal responsibility not having to put those guys and gals in danger, in middle of the night.
Yeah and a lot of it is resonable in these parts.

BFE Alaska I probably would've thought the same as him. That place is harsh

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Yes, that Bama team that beat a 4-8 Arkansas team by 3 and needed a miracle to beat an Auburn team who had lost by 3 TD’s to NMSU on their home field the week before. They were really hitting on all cylinders the second half of the season. Totally different team.
Team that beat a two time national champion that hadn’t lost a game in 29 straight games. Yeah they suck.

In my thirties couldve made it a few days.

To answer, no. 60 days is a long time. Also, in Smokies if you just keep walking. Youd bump into cabin with a stocked fridge.

They always say to stay put. But, I think in Smokies if you find a stream or creek and follow its downward flow you'll be money. People cant live without water, been that way for every animal ever.

Find the water, foller it. And you'll live.
That's what I always tell people. Just go downhill. You'll find a stream eventually, then follow it to the rive, then follow that to civilization. Shouldn't take more than 3 days. If you're hungry enough you can eat almost anything. Will you get sick, more than likely but they'll take you to the hospital

Some good and bad. Schedule isn't quite as bad as other in SEC,

But 8.1 wins - 3.9 losses projected

Long ways to go and way too early of course. Hopefully returning production on the OL bump us up.

9-3 would be amazing and a great chance at making the playoffs.

Fwiw Florida is expected to win 4 1/2 games 🤣

Screenshot_20231223_130359.jpg

Last edited:
I can see Ekeler using in kickoff coverage. A thumper and blocks and tackles like Ekeler did with reckless abandonment.
Yeah this dude is at least playing special teams.

If we had to I really think we would be fine if we had to put him out there.

The LB room is in a good place.

You know Pili, Carter, Telander, Herring and Perry can go play. That's five guys that you can trust for sure.

Then you got Jalen Smith, Ben Bolton (Brian Jean-Mary has mentioned him) Spillman, Burns and now you're adding a senior in Eli Purcell with 22 starts under his belt at Wofford with experience against FBS schools.

Night and day since 2021.

That's what I always tell people. Just go downhill. You'll find a stream eventually, then follow it to the rive, then follow that to civilization. Shouldn't take more than 3 days. If you're hungry enough you can eat almost anything. Will you get sick, more than likely but they'll take you to the hospital
Sort of what I figured. This isn't Australia.

I've always wanted to try a mushroom foraging class. Just so happened to meet a foraging guide at a party recently and think I'll give it a go this Spring.

Have grown my own mushrooms (Lion's Mane) and love trying different types, but never learned about them from a naturist perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back