Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC record in Bowl games last 2 seasons 14-14...

That's dominating...

Yes Georgia won title but in Bowl games SEC under performs...
You can't judge conference bowl wins objectively because of players opting out of the games. These are normally your best players who are saving themselves for a chance of playing in the NFL.

The game is constantly changing, and the one thing people hate is ----change.

Not sure if serious. But LB room has bodies but nothing is proven. And you cannot trust Herring or Perry to go play. Herring was bad and they barely played Perry. Freshmen overtook him quickly. And Carter is a specimen but he looked very lost like most freshmen do.

Now, I do think Telander, Carter, and Smith make big jumps this year and will be good SEC LB. I doubt Perry every truly plays here with Spillman and Burns coming in now and the young ones having a year to grow.
Agree. Crucial that Pili stays healthy so Carter/Telander can play next to him.

Edit - with more athleticism at S/star, might be OK to have Herring out there but don’t love the idea of a bunch of new guys up the middle of the field and back 7 generally.

Reactions: orangejuice
Do not know, but seems we were stupid to accept 6 scholarship reduction since other schools get a slap on the wrist, Michigan probably gets little more than the 3 game suspension of their head coach for spying.
Vols always suffer more than the so called big dogs like Bama and Michigan, just sayin

Hendo's 2 year average:
68.9% completion %
3,040 yards passing (season)
9.65 yard per attempt
29 Passing TDs
4 INTS
Total TDs: 34

Joe this year:
64.7% completion %
2,813 passing yards
7.9 yard per attempt
20 Passing TDs
5 INTs
Total TDs: 27

Those numbers "mirror" to me.
Lmao at quoting Joe’s completion %

There’s a reason so many of his throws were at or behind the LOS. And his Comp % is a reflection of the volume of throws at or behind the LOS.

i write in short hand all the time…. I can’t write sentences anymore to save my life…. i laugh at some of the things that i have put on here…. you would never know i had a 4.0 and on the Dean’s list in college.
I remember when I was on the Dean's list---grade point hovered around 1.3. As I recall, most of the guys in the frat house was on that list. It was quite an extensive list :) :) :)

Agree. Crucial that Pili stays healthy so Carter/Telander can play next to him.

Edit - with more athleticism at S/star, might be OK to have Herring out there but don’t love the idea of a bunch of new guys up the middle of the field and back 7 generally.
Yup. More so to help with movements and eye candy that teams throw at us. He can help guide the young guys and get everyone in the right spot.

Telling everyone now, Smith is a damn player. He needs S&C and to change his body, but you can’t teach his instincts and tenacity. He flashed on special teams. JRM style development

Yeah this dude is at least playing special teams.

If we had to I really think we would be fine if we had to put him out there.

The LB room is in a good place.

You know Pili, Carter, Telander, Herring and Perry can go play. That's five guys that you can trust for sure.

Then you got Jalen Smith, Ben Bolton (Brian Jean-Mary has mentioned him) Spillman, Burns and now you're adding a senior in Eli Purcell with 22 starts under his belt at Wofford with experience against FBS schools.

Night and day since 2021.
Herring, lol

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I did, lol. He said he's ready to take on more of the load
Probably my biggest disappointment for this year was our new guys not getting more PT. I understand why and it was probably wishful thinking, but there are 3-4 new guys I wanted to see this year. . . Nico, Seldon, Carter, and probably Thornton. We saw a lot from the latter, but not enough from the 2 I wanted to see the most. . .

It's like having a Ferrari parked in the garage, but all you can do is look at it through a window, 😂

Yup. More so to help with movements and eye candy that teams throw at us. He can help guide the young guys and get everyone in the right spot.

Telling everyone now, Smith is a damn player. He needs S&C and to change his body, but you can’t teach his instincts and tenacity. He flashed on special teams. JRM style development
I think Telander was the most surprising new guy. I didnt think he'd be this ready so early.

“Jones, in his third season at Arkansas State, has a 5-20 record with the Red Wolves, part of a rapid decline for a program that once was among the most consistent in the Group of Five.”

so he is possibly 11-26..ouch.

Do not know, but seems we were stupid to accept 6 scholarship reduction since other schools get a slap on the wrist, Michigan probably gets little more than the 3 game suspension of their head coach for spying.
Vols always suffer more than the so called big dogs like Bama and Michigan, just sayin
Man, it was negotiated. It wasnt accepted.

Michigan is at the top of the heap. We are the red headed step child. I always tell employees of corporations this, if its between you and the company. Who do you think will be swinging from the gallows?

I do not like Donde Plowman, but, she, and our President stood up and made Sankey speak. But that and that alone is why we 'negotiated' that in lieu of far far worse. The NCAA, toothless as it is, was ready to make an example.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back