Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a huge issue with our offense is it’s predicated on the receivers and QB being on the same page as far as what routes the receivers would run based on the coverages they faced. And I don’t think Milton was ever comfortable with that.

That’s why balls were always late - he never threw anyone open. He’d have to see what they were running and then rocket the ball into them.
His anticipation was off. Even when he saw open receivers he had a delayed response to get it to them. When Keyton was wide open in the UConn game, it didn’t register at first.

Good thing he has the tools to make up for it. He’s going to spend several years in the NFL and will be another great ambassador for the university.

Y'all... this Eli Purcell PWO LB looks like a steal, as far as bolstering your depth.

Wofford, FCS blah blah blah he can play some dang football. Few clips of him shedding blocks making tackles @ VT as a sophomore too. Two year starter at Wofford. That's not a normal POW lol. Pretty nice luxury to have a senior like him as a 3rd-4th string emergency guy. Doesn't look that slow either...out there knocking heads.

I can see Ekeler using in kickoff coverage. A thumper and blocks and tackles like Ekeler did with reckless abandonment.

I wonder if its more to do with our mid to lower level teams playing the better teams from other conferences? For example this year, UT is 8-4 playing a 10 win Iowa. I haven't looked, but I wonder how many bowl games are set up like this? Anyway, doesnt really matter. . . if the SEC is a dominant league, it should be beating basically anyone it plays from other conferences.
It means the SEC can be allowed to cheat to win much of the time, but the bowl games expose them as just another league.

Thank god that low rent league has UT

200w (39).gif

His anticipation was off. Even when he saw open receivers he had a delayed response to get it to them. When Keyton was wide open in the UConn game, it didn’t register at first.

Good thing he has the tools to make up for it. He’s going to spend several years in the NFL and will be another great ambassador for the university.

I hope he has a long career in the NFL. I think it would benefit him greatly to end up with an offensive minded head coach or at the very least a team with a proven QB coach. The tools are there.... but he needs the right fit.

SEC had 62 NFL draft picks last year, more than any other conference and Big 10 was the only one even remotely close. 40 of those 62 were taken in the first four rounds where the best players typically are drafted. Again, far more than any other conference.

Most of those players, who were critical to their teams’s success, were not playing in the bowl. Easy to see just with UT. Our best guys weren’t out there against Clemson. We still won, but easy to see how that impacts chance of winning a bowl game.

It affects the SEC more than any other conference. Also imagine portal will be having an impact as well especially on depth and experience.
Momma says Sankey's ornery because all those teams got all that talent and yet all those bowl losses to "lesser conferences"🤔

Good thing UT here to boost them up...bowl season...OOC win over NC St...Clemson...Pitt...we're making these lames look good

Yes, that Bama team that beat a 4-8 Arkansas team by 3 and needed a miracle to beat an Auburn team who had lost by 3 TD’s to NMSU on their home field the week before. They were really hitting on all cylinders the second half of the season. Totally different team.
You really can't see the improvement in Bama from first half to second half? Please tell me you're not actually saying that.

Texas is pretty good this year but do we think they go 12-1 if they were in the sec this year? Id say probably 9-3 maybe 10-2
13-0 they already whipped Bama who beat UGA

They only lost to OU, who would've come in...2nd? Maybe

Trash league about to become half-decent. And yet still trashier 🤔🤣

Yep. Our fans often act like the SEC is the NFL. Texas would be in the CFP this year in the SEC. Yes, they came within an eyelash of losing to KState with Ewers out. Guess what? Missouri needed to hit the longest FG in SEC history to beat KState at home as time expired…and that was WITH their starting QB. How’d Missouri do in the SEC this year?

Texas would’ve been just fine in the SEC this year. Probably 12-1.
The truth is the sec wasn't all that this year. Got whipped in OOC games.

It's been said Bama is the worst version of Bama since 2009. And yes, they're not a playoff caliber team, borderline at best.

Uga played hardly anyone. Which says more about the league this year.

Yep. Our fans often act like the SEC is the NFL. Texas would be in the CFP this year in the SEC. Yes, they came within an eyelash of losing to KState with Ewers out. Guess what? Missouri needed to hit the longest FG in SEC history to beat KState at home as time expired…and that was WITH their starting QB. How’d Missouri do in the SEC this year?

Maybe. They also beat TCU by 3 and Houston by a TD with Ewers.

Who knows what they would’ve done.

Maybe. They also beat TCU by 3 and Houston by a TD with Ewers.

Who knows what they would’ve done.

Edit: just read he was hurt vs Houston

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back