Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
we tend to romanticize older players….. i like them too….. Koufax is one of my all-time faves…. That still doesn’t change that guys are a different breed nowadays… There have been rule changes( lowering the mound as one example to even up things for hitters since Koufax and Gibson pitched…. MLB players/teams study and emulate/try to improve on the previous generation of players. They don’t pitch less innings to try and throw harder although that is a benefit of the approach. They pitch less inning bc they figured out that the third time though a lineup greatly reduced a pitchers effectiveness.. They also don’t groove fast balls…. a couple years ago…. Dustin May threw a 98 mph pitch that had 17 inches of break to it…. That’s insane. Teams average more runs per game including the 1968 season where teams now average more than a run per game more. They also average around 100 more homeruns per team per season now than in 1968.
68 was the last year of the higher mound.......... it made a big difference then steroids still hard to try to cross decades to compare

You would've croaked seeing the 80s/90s NHL fights.

Thug central

Baseball pitcher v. batter fights a far second place
Seen plenty but this wheelhouse from behind is just a cheap shot. I've seen blood all over the ice before but they dropped the gloves and fight like men. Some idiots in baseball brawls but most where like Ryan and Ventura. Men fighting men and not vagina's taking cheap shots.

My bet is he is playing unless he regressed and struggles during warm ups. They’ve been optimistic the last few days and said they think he plays. Should know here in the next hour or so.

I don’t have a good feel for the game either way. I could see a close game or a blow out in either direction. Definitely a game I wouldn’t bet on.
@knoxvol52

Tyreek is active. Pro Bowl safety Holland is still out though. He was trending towards playing during the week. That’s a tough loss.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back