Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Gatlinburg last night for work. Decided to walk through town since I hadn't done that in a while. Walked from the space needle to the mountain mall/anakesta and back. Literally, the only time I heard English is when I walked into a store and they said hi or an OPC tried to get me to take a timeshare tour. It was a mix of mainly Spanish, hindu, and Russian. Thought I bumped into @Jackcrevol 's family.

It wasn't as busy as I thought. The streets were packed liked an asian fish market, but the traffic coming into and leaving wasn't bad. Its wasn't backed up on the spur at all. They were charging $20 to park, but found a church next to the convention center that let me park for $10.

The lights and everything looked nice. Between the candy and the sausages cooking I thought I was at the TVA Fair. I dont understand why anyone would want to be out there on a holiday like Christmas.
I do love seeing all the Indian and Chinese tourists these days, especially on trails. They do enjoy the Smokies.

That said, my wife has a lot of clients around Gatlinburg/PF via MobileBrochure and we visit more often in the Summer and Spring...absolutely littered with Alabama trash. So glad to have international folks over that scum.

Agree wouldn't want to be there around Christmas. Or often at all for that matter. Much of the time it's Myrtle Beach...in the mountains. Though I do think it's cleaned up some over the years.

Reactions: SoilVol
I was behind two guys smoking a blunt walking up airport road, not even trying to hide it. No doubt we would've been in jail in about 30sec back in the 90s. I kept thinking a bicycle cop was gonna pop-up out of nowhere and ruin their day.
I sat through an entire Jim Gaffigan set Wednesday lightly puffing the magic dragon. Walking around vendors to get food...the same...

It's like having a sip of beer these days in public. Though I am mindful of the exhalants and vape lightly, little to no exhaust, and send it downstream to keep it well away from others.

Fwiw there's free parking at the bottom of the hill (as soon as you hit Gatlinburg proper from the TN side - to your left, just before the grand stripmall that is Gburg pops up)

Reactions: tweise and ugg
Their recruiting has gone up since announcing they would join the SEC?? How do you figure? Texas has always been good at recruiting because they are the state school of the state with the most high school talent.
They haven't been able to keep those recruits in state from going to the SEC in the last decade. Look at their recruiting classes and compare rankings since they have announced their intention to move to the SEC in July of 2021.

They have had 3 top 5 recruiting classes since then. They have been top 3 the last two seasons in 2023 and 2024. For 2022 they finished 5th.

Before then in 2021 they were 15th, in 2020 they were 9th. They dud have a few top 5 classes sporadically in the 2010s, but they also had 15th ranked classes too. It hasn't been consistent like it has been since they've announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back