Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-christmas-gifs.gif

You really can't see the improvement in Bama from first half to second half? Please tell me you're not actually saying that.
This is SEC homerism cope. Bama wasn’t missing a bunch of starters for the Texas game. Bama beat MTSU 56-7 in their opener and two weeks after losing to Texas, Bama beat an Ole Miss team that would finish ranked 11th with 10 wins by 14 points. There was nothing wrong with Bama early in the season that suddenly got “fixed” in the second half. This whole narrative seems to come from Bama having their biggest home loss ever under Saban to a playoff team and then benching their starting QB in a hangover game the next week when they slept walk through the USF game.
Team that beat a two time national champion that hadn’t lost a game in 29 straight games. Yeah they suck.
I didn’t say they sucked, they were just the same team they had been all season. I’m not buying this fantasy that first half Bama was Vandy-adjacent and second half Bama was 1995 Nebraska.

Texas has a good team that would have been capable of winning the SEC championship this past season. With that said, it should be noted that their recruitment capabilities have gone up since announcing they would join the SEC.

They are a better program than they were just a few years ago becuase they are affiliated with the SEC. Their fanbase has come back alive at the excitement of transfering. I'm also sure they have seen significant increase in donor giving and financial support becuase of it as well.
This is absolutely true about the recruiting effect. There’s a certain level of athlete that just didn’t want to play in the Big 12 even if they lived in Dallas or Houston and liked their state flagship school. Now they are getting in on the best players in the state and reaching into LA, MS, AL, and FL to get players, especially D-linemen.

Look at it this way - Ole Miss and Mizzou both went 10-2 in the SEC this year. I feel pretty confident that Texas could have done one game better than that. I’ll agree that their opponent in the conference championship game would have been tougher than OK State.

Merry Christmas to all y’all, even when I disagree with you!

Would appreciate any kinda prayers, vibes, or just well wishes. My Wife's going to be spending the holidays in the hospital, much to her dismay. I'm headed back now, been there since Friday, probably won't be here around much, so early Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year fellow Vols.
🙏🏻

Would appreciate any kinda prayers, vibes, or just well wishes. My Wife's going to be spending the holidays in the hospital, much to her dismay. I'm headed back now, been there since Friday, probably won't be here around much, so early Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year fellow Vols.
🙏. Hope she gets well soon.
Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back