Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's mind blowing how people don't care about Harbaugh creating an entire department to cheat. I just don't get it.
I'm not aware of a single person besides volbeast who doesn't care about it. Or about Bama's criminality. It's not an either/or. And in both cases the NCAA is covering for their privileged favorites.

I think you're getting mislead by a guy using Michigan to make excuse for Bama's long-standing corruption of the police, the DA, the Birmingham Office, and the NCAA, and who has cheated us directly for Saban's entire tenure. Bama is worse. And that's saying a lot. They both deserve maximum penalties.

Last edited:
he looked huge yesterday....i hadn't seen him or recalled seeing him...i was surprised at how big he was.

I knew his size but was shocked at how big he looked. Khalifa Keith is supposed 15 pounds heavier at around 230-235 and Cam looked considerably bigger. Maybe K. Keith dropped weight to get faster?

No clue but Seldon looked bigger and just as fast as earlier in 2023.

I'm not aware of a single person besides volbeast who doesn't care about it. Or about Bama's criminality. It's not an either/or. And in both cases the NCAA is covering for their privileged favorites.

I think you're getting mislead by a guy using Michigan to make excuse for
They're not the same thing. The NCAA has concrete, hard evidence for what Michigan did. They have circumstantial, hearsay, probable evidence for what Bama used to do (paying recruits, now it's legal).

The evidence against Harbaugh is overwhelming and crystal clear. There's no plausible deniability like Saban has. Yes we all know Saban payed players forever, but he did it smartly enough where he could blame rogue boosters if they ever tried to convict him.

There's literal video evidence of Harbaugh and his coordinators consulting Stallions for stolen signs and reacting accordingly. There's a literal paper trail of his travels to opponents' games.

It's different.

That’s what I don’t get by the brigade on here saying Ole miss is going “all in” lol… if Ole Miss is going “all in” they wouldn’t be paying McDonald whatever it is they are paying lol. Aside from Nolen and Baron who are good, guys like that Florida DE who routinely takes plays off and McDonald won’t move the needle for them on defense. Those are desperation moves because they have a talent deficiency on defense if they are taking guys like that.

Ole Miss is going all in on 2024.

They saw their schedule for next year and immediately began making moves and mobilizing their boosters/NIL:

1704250067360.png

Just the same way that a poker player loves their hand and pushes their chips in.

They are paying (overpaying) for guys in the portal that they think will bolster holes in their roster of their (2023)10-win team, which largely returns all of their talent on offense from this year. They are overpaying (as you mentioned) for as many big fish names and anyone they can get with experience, particularly on defense.

Does this mean they will win the SEC or make the playoff? No.

By Ole Miss standards, this offseason is very much "going all in" for them. Just the same way that the Nkemdiche recruiting class was their boosters going all-in then. They had a goal then, and they have a goal now.

In the short term, they are hoping that this reestablishes Ole Miss as a program that is worthy of top talent, and the kind of place that top talent entering the portal should be interested in. The obvious goal, though, is to take advantage of a favorable schedule draw and get to the playoff.

It is obviously not sustainable, it is obvious that they are overpaying for guys that are average or above average to other teams (i.e. going "all in" on them), they are leveraging their NIL coffers to keep their best talent from 2023 and add enough (what they think will be) incremental talent to push a 10-win team over the edge with a favorable schedule.

Whether or not they will be successful in this approach remains to be seen, and is very much open for debate. There are plenty of examples of teams (pro and college) that whiffed. However, I don't think it's up for debate whether or not they are going all in.

Last edited:
They're not the same thing. The NCAA has concrete, hard evidence for what Michigan did. They have circumstantial, hearsay, probable evidence for what Bama used to do (paying recruits, now it's legal).

The evidence against Harbaugh is overwhelming and crystal clear. There's no plausible deniability like Saban has. Yes we all know Saban payed players forever, but he did it smartly enough where he could blame rogue boosters if they ever tried to convict him.

There's literal video evidence of Harbaugh and his coordinators consulting Stallions for stolen signs and reacting accordingly. There's a literal paper trail of his travels to opponents' games.

It's different.

I’m just mad we didn’t do it to win. What’s wrong with us.

It's different.
I don't believe the NCAA wanted evidence on Bama or they would have it. And you're omitting that Bama has completely corrupted SEC officiating. In so doing they have corrupted the playoffs for years and years.

I know all about Michigan, know that most people drastically understate how crooked they are (3 separate investigations) and that the NCAA, the CFP, the B1G, (likely the SEC), and the networks and media promoters are in collusion to suppress the Michigan cases because they have corrupted and made a sham of the playoffs for two years. Bama has been rigging the playoffs on an annual basis much longer.

It's different.
I agree. Most of the big schools were actively paying players. The one thing that gets me fiery mad about Bama is it is obvious the officiating bias because of the home office being in their back door. That part is blatant collusion, with the fox living in the hen house. It is so commonplace I believe they genuinely don't see it. The money is a silly argument to me though. Just look back to Cam Newton and others. I posted up that stat that Bama's only losses came when they did not have SEC refs.

I agree. Most of the big schools were actively paying players. The one thing that gets me fiery mad about Bama is it is obvious the officiating bias because of the home office being in their back door. That part is blatant collusion, with the fox living in the hen house. It is so commonplace I believe they genuinely don't see it. The money is a silly argument to me though. Just look back to Cam Newton and others. I posted up that stat that Bama's only losses came when they did not have SEC refs.
But Saban isn't directly responsible for the league office cheating for him. They're backing him and giving him favorable treatment via officiating and other things, but that's not the same thing as him directly cheating. He's just lucky enough they chose to back him and give Bama favorable treatment. We should hate the SEC more than Saban for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back