Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically, Karic is supposed to be the guy at LG next year, which would give UT a veteran o-line without having to rely on the younger guys developing faster. But Karic was supposed to be the guy last year and was beat out by Ollie-- over and over and over again. He also has injury issues. So... an experienced LG seems like a play. Will be interesting to see who enters the portal between now and 1/13.
I don’t see a guy that couldn’t beat out Ollie being the guy, even with the off-season to develop.

Reactions: SCvol333
Ellarbe gets the most out of his starters I’ll give him that, but we need to develop some depth for next year, so hopefully the guys they recruited pan out we need it to happen for Nico

I think Kiffin is trying to maximize a short-term window. He knows he has a favorable schedule next year and is trying to rent the players to ride that to the playoffs. That will either springboard him to a position he wants more or net him more money and better terms at Ole Miss. He's banking on transfers' self-interests helping his self-interests. To your point, chemistry is fickle and I'm not sure he can herd cats long enough to make it work. But it will be something to watch.
In today’s CFB world it’s a good strategy.
Only the select few Bama, UGA, Ohio st ….
Can say every year that “this might be our year “.
Everyone else hopes to say it 1 out of 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back