Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're looking at superficial stats.
How many timed epically late did Kansas play the gap and rip him?
When they wanted to shut him down, they did.

I mean, how many times did they get called for a foul (only had 9 called against them the whole game) It’s not as simple as you try to make it. But when a dude drops 13 & 16 that’s not exactly proof the scheme worked…

What did us in against Kansas was JJJ, he got worked on defense & was 1-6 from the field. ZZ also went 0-6. So even without pointing out the 2:1 foul call discrepancy you can’t blame DK for Kansas.

Switching from soda to water is so much healthier. I was a migraine sufferer and once I got off soda and started drinking a lot of water, the migraines stopped. Once you're off it, you'll lose the taste for it. Same thing with salt.
It's amazing how much I started to dislike super sweet things once I stopped having them for a while. I switched from sweet tea to half and half, and all of a sudden I lost the taste for sodas and a lot of desserts.

I'm not ready to do the same with salt yet haha, I need my salty snacks and seasoned meats.

IDT holding Nico back was a strategy. CJH committed to Joe and told him it was his team before the season started. They expected to give Nico more reps, but the season didn't go as planned. Games were closer than expected, critical injuries were an issue and it just kept rolling forward. It wasn't a Grand Plan-- just a set of circumstances that affected the outcome. Nico was flashing in practice all season long and improved every time he played. If CJH could rewind the season, I'm sure he would play Nico more. He's said as much. But... page turned, and it's all good.

At the end of the day Nico reaped benifits of it. Nico has the it factor that’s going to translate into more than what people can imagine and that’s talks from folks around the program.

I mean, how many times did they get called for a foul (only had 9 called against them the whole game) It’s not as simple as you try to make it. But when a dude drops 13 & 16 that’s not exactly proof the scheme worked…

What did us in against Kansas was JJJ, he got worked on defense & was 1-6 from the field. ZZ also went 0-6. So even without pointing out the 2:1 foul call discrepancy you can’t blame DK for Kansas.
Those games were called closer to how March is called.

Like I said, the offense is improved, but it's not close to what I've seen make deep runs. I'd take the Grant/Schofield/Bone team over this one anyday.

Freaking disgusting, sparkling iced tea?! Take a lap. Slandering iced tea like that. Shame on you. What other perversions did you pick up in Asia?
😂 No, not mixed! Alternating at whatever ratio you want. Have a cup or glass of tea. Have a couple of sparkling waters. I drink tea unsweetened.

Last edited:
She looks good in orange.

View attachment 607129
Somebody, please get that young lady a biscuit.
Breakfast Biscuit Grape Jelly GIF - Breakfast biscuit Grape ...

Soo, just to summarize the week.

TN beat #17 team with their QB of the future 35-0, nearly 42-0.-- Very good on our part and lots to be excited about, but would this be the score from any other ranked opponent that actually threw the ball consistently? I think not, they would have shredded out secondary like we've seen all season.

- Cant close - Team sucks - OL Sucks-- This recruiting and portal cycle so far, we have missed out on at least a dozen or more elite players that had it down to us and another school or top 3- many reasons and we won't overpay or spend the money. Against SEC teams, we will need our full first string Oline to compete consistently... we lose one or two linemen to injury and we are screwed unless by some miracle the younger and new guys all of a sudden take huge leaps in development.

TN Basketball won by 37 pts.- Against a much inferior opponent that most SEC teams would have beaten by the same margin. We have looked very good and very bad so far this season, which is par for Barnes teams. Never a lot of consistency game to game. We have the potential to beat anyone in the country, but we struggle to play consistent basketball game to game. SEC play will show us what we are made of--- IMO we are no where near a top 5 team... no way. We should be sitting at about 15th.

- 2024 class isnt good enough - Rick's losing it- Unless we go portal shopping, at this point we have a lot of unproven talent and not a lot of talent coming in. Lots of question marks on the talent we have coming back while other teams are pulling in elite talent right now. We usually have at least 1-2 more elite players that have committed to us by now and at this point, I don't see anyone coming in.

T2 isnt better than Aliens.

Did I do that right? Y'all crazy.
My response summary---

This thread has taught me a few things…

Glitch has the worst takes on women he’s not married to.

checkerboards despite only ever having Barnes as HC for the Vols during his adulthood still has no appreciation for the man or what he’s done here.

McGill could actually be The Dancing Outlaw Jesco White 😳 (the reply about not glue sniffing to get high 😂)
When you are married to the perfect woman, all others pale in comparison.

@Plove23 do you feel that Cam looks significantly different physically now compared to 6-12 months ago?

I thought he looked huge while UT recruited him and on highlight videos. He still looked big when seeing him in practice, O&W game and early in season but he didn't have that "man among boys look" compared with other elite athletes at the college level.

He had that look again when on the field against Iowa. Like he is just built differently than other athletes with his skill set. Wondering if you think similarly regarding his body transformation or less dramatic a physical difference than it seemed?
Yeah I agree he did look bigger in the bowl game, he may have added a couple lbs since then. And Keith definitely looks smaller too, so maybe he's dropped some. Totally agree with you, I'll have to see if Cam has gained

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back