Florida was a head scratcher I agree

Wrs we’re not as good
Oline had issues
Dbs we’re bad
9-4 top 20 finish isn’t bad in a transition year

Gotta start making the 12 team playoffs though
Recruiting will be big for the teams that do
LBs were bad

This idea that no one wanted that job is just retcon'ing what actually happened. It's fiction.

Kevin Steele wanted the job and already had his office picked out. And he had and has a hell of a stronger resume than the safeties coach at Penn State.

Tim Banks is not a good defensive coordinator. I appreciate that you all have tried to fight that fact with pure force of will. He's here because Danny White imposed a diversity requirement, because Rodney Garner is his DL coach who's unit carries the entire defense, and because Josh Heupel seems to have major resistance to moving on from bad coaches. Beyond just Banks, evidenced by Randy Shannon and Willie Martinez.
Lazy take. The defense is not elite but it's better, irrespective of how your preconceived notions want it to be.

Hahaha. Agreed. @jave36 has me looking up punting statistics today!!!

For the record, after the UVA game, I thought we were in serious trouble with Punting. But he rallied.

And while he ended the season middle of the pack in the NCAA in yardage per punt, there’s no denying that the 4yds of punt return yds speaks highly of how the coverage team covers his punts.

From what I can tell, only 5 teams allowed fewer return yds than did the Vols. I call it a special teams success.

Edit: and now that I’ve caught up, I realize Jave had a lot of us looking up punting stats today. Hahaha - Jave is a VolNation influencer. Congrats!
Lol, I spent about 15 minutes of my 30 minute lunch looking them up.

Exactly. Stats aren't everything. Just watch the punts. How many go out of bounds in the air? How many land inside the 20? How many were terrible kicks that took a lucky roll? How many go into the endzone? Just looking at stats doesn't tell you the story, especially in punting.
Neither does relying on your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back