Mizzou was damn good probably finish top 10
Florida was a head scratcher I agree

Wrs we’re not as good
Oline had issues
Dbs we’re bad
9-4 top 20 finish isn’t bad in a transition year

Gotta start making the 12 team playoffs though
Recruiting will be big for the teams that do
I agree with all that. We literally beat no team with a pulse, especially on the offensive side.

I won't weigh in on Banks debate because i think the jury is still out, but I have noticed defensive coordinators tend to be very devisive figures. People made fun of Cutcliffe and Steele at points on this board when they were candidates. Some disliked Wilcox. Others thought Monte was washed up. The only unifying force was Sunseri. When there is agreement on VN we are screwed. The other interesting fact I will toss out is most of these position coaches get ridiculed at one school and then prized and heralded at the next. Go read some of their resumes. They are like a Carhartt jacket from a uniform company. Change the label and zip it up.

I hope you never reach an agreement on Banks though cause that means he works somewhere else for either good or bad reasons.

I won't weigh in on Banks debate because i think the jury is still out, but I have noticed defensive coordinators tend to be very devisive figures. People made fun of Cutcliffe and Steele at points on this board when they were candidates. Some disliked Wilcox. Others thought Monte was washed up. The only unifying force was Sunseri. When there is agreement on VN we are screwed. The other interesting fact I will toss out is most of these position coaches get ridiculed at one school and then prized and heralded at the next. Go read some of their resumes. They are like a Carhartt jacket from a uniform company. Change the label and zip it up.

I hope you never reach an agreement on Banks though cause that means he works somewhere else for either good or bad reasons.
I hope he does awesome. So he gets that head coaching job he covets. 🤣

Lazy take. The defense is not elite but it's better, irrespective of how your preconceived notions want it to be.
It's better because we have better players. Primarily in RG's group. The play calling with zero situational awareness has remained the same. Terrible DB play (Tim Banks specialty, mind you) has remained the same. Getting toasted every time we are in zone has remained the same. I'm not a coach, I can't diagnose the last one, but I can notice...

Think about where the defense would be if the Dline had improved at the same level as the rest of the defense, particularly the pass rush. And who with the straight face is prepared to give Banks credit for that? We all know who did that.

I'm prepared to give BJM a pass. He has a deep group but very thin with experience. That group this year was Beasley, a dude who's not a linebacker, and two freshmen.

The secondary... The tale of two halves defense, the mind boggling play calling. The fact that Banks is still here is concerning and the fact that Willie is still here is alarming. It is what it is.

I think this year needs to be Banks best defense. We have the talent and depth at Defensive line and edge rusher. Linebacker should have more depth than we have had in a while. The young talent at DB is going to have to be better than the experience we relied on the last two years at DB.
We need DL in 25, 110%. we needed a good year in 24, but didnt get that.

This year has to be different. Or we will be in trouble.

Reactions: DD4ME
It's better because we have better players. Primarily in RG's group. The play calling with zero situational awareness has remained the same. Terrible DB play (Tim Banks specialty, mind you) has remained the same. Getting toasted every time we are in zone has remained the same. I'm not a coach, I can't diagnose the last one, but I can notice...

Think about where the defense would be if the Dline had improved at the same level as the rest of the defense, particularly the pass rush. And who with the straight face is prepared to give Banks credit for that? We all know who did that.

I'm prepared to give BJM a pass. He has a deep group but very thin with experience. That group this year was Beasley, a dude who's not a linebacker, and two freshmen.

The secondary... The tale of two halves defense, the mind boggling play calling. The fact that Banks is still here is concerning and the fact that Willie is still here is alarming. It is what it is.
I think there are fair questions to ask about zone and some of the playing time decisions that necessitated that. The decision to play zone I think was a personnel issue. I think the defections to the portal and the youth movement in the bowl speaks to a changing of ideas. Is it too little too late? Or is it even accurate? We will see. Crying foul about RG and his unit carrying our water is unfair though because you want your DL to be the most important aspect and RG is a stud. Plus, if he enjoys working for Banks you'd need to account for that. My thing is there are usually layers and some of those we won't know. Also it was the offense that performed worse this year. Seems odd to focus on Banks when his group got better overall.

I think this year needs to be Banks best defense. We have the talent and depth at Defensive line and edge rusher. Linebacker should have more depth than we have had in a while. The young talent at DB is going to have to be better than the experience we relied on the last two years at DB.
Man if Nico can get us leads and let Pearce and Co go eat 😤 it will get silly. I think we have a chance to look like 2010 Auburn with Cam. They allowed a fair amount of points, but they scored more and got stops when needed.

Missouri's fate next season will hinge on the QB play of other teams. Their defense eats up mediocre QB play but really isn't going to slow down good QB play. Their offense is good not great and doesn't keep up when the other team is truly high octane but they're all around a tough team. A step up from some of Kentucky's good teams over the years but built very similarly. The problem with a team like Mizzou is they're good enough to beat a more talented team, especially with the experience they've stacked up. If you have a passing game though, you can beat Mizzou.
Mizzou is going to miss Schrader badly...guys that run tough and hard as he does are pretty rare...reminded me of a white Ronnie Brown.

I'd love for our staff to find a guy like that to put in the stable.

I agree with all that. We literally beat no team with a pulse, especially on the offensive side.
Yea it was a weird season… played 3 good teams but the rest were trash, we coulda gone 10-3 and not beat a single good team

Next year looks to be the same. Uga, Bama and OU will be good, the rest? Not so much.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back