Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judkins and Sampson as RB1's, Seldon and Keith as redzone clean-up crew. Make it happen.
triple-h-hhh.gif

The attitudes around here have proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt...we are the biggest bunch of dumbasses in the world of sports..

At this point 3 years ago we would have cried tears of joy and screamed out "HELL YEAH!" in rapturous exultation if anybody could have shown us the results of Heups first three teams...

And yet the Idiot Margin is louder than ever...bitching, pissing and moaning over every little deficiency and hiccup, but it's not just the worst, it's also respected semi-normally rational posters....what in the hell is f'n wrong with us?

It's maddening...and sickening.

We are the best fanbase in sports..

We are the worst fanbase in sports..

Total drooling idiot imbeciles..🤪

Why not? He's a star RB #1 on a team that just won 11 games with a lot of starters returning and an aggressive portal class with a weak schedule next year. Perfect position to increase his NFL value and compete for a playoff position and national title.

Why be greedy now and potentially cost yourself a lot of $ later? There are very few, if any, places with the set up Ole Miss has going into next year for a current star player.

Reactions: screenthis
He is going need two years to be ready IMO

1 on 1 drills like that particular one always favor the smaller, more athletic DE. Warren had no traffic to drive Fountain towards and was not in a typical OT alignment where he could move his feet properly and backpedal, slide or use his long arms to put his hands on the DE and knock him off his line. This video means nothing.....it does show that Warren is huge and has some bad weight, though.

Luckily, he has 9 months to change his body and improve footwork before the season even starts. I wouldn't be surprised if he cracks the 2 deep in 2024 and starts in 2025.

Regarding Judkins, no way he didn’t enter the portal without being tampered with, he has everything in front of him so why would he leave? Except if he’s leveraging for more money or is a head case

Any possibility that the fact that they are studs helped Mack do a good job?
Wait a second Berry!

You are the one blaming Jimmy and Joe’s for three years for our defense and saying our coaches on that side are excellent.

Now it’s the players are good and the coaches aren’t?

Which side are you playing?!?!

Are you Tim Banks?

Lol

Why not? He's a star RB #1 on a team that just won 11 games with a lot of starters returning and an aggressive portal class with a weak schedule next year. Perfect position to increase his NFL value and compete for a playoff position and national title.

Why be greedy now and potentially cost yourself a lot of $ later? There are very few, if any, places with the set up Ole Miss has going into next year for a current star player.

Maybe he’s not happy there? Kiffin never really been known for his culture building.

Also there are plenty of places he could go and have a better setup than Ole Miss. Barrett Sallee mentioned AUB, Bama, Clemson as 3 potential suitors. All 3 of those are better programs. But yes Ole Miss has a chance to be good next year.

Reactions: KptVFL
I agree completely with this! I remember specifically this about his QB management post Iceman.

2008 he yo-yo'd between Nick Stephens and Jonathan Crompton
2007 the only year Ainge was mostly healthy and got the nod (I think Cutcliffe at OC had a lot to do with that)
2006 he was back and forth between Ainge and Crompton some of that because Ainge's health but some of it was just that hair trigger to make a change
2004 & 2005 was the Rick Clausen show...but wait he messed up here's Ainge!

Even in 2000 it took him a bit before he finally gave the keys to Casey, he was back and forth on Suggs and Joey Matthews that year too. Which was kind of weird because Suggs played his ass off at LSU but we couldn't stop Davey and their offense.

2000 was a year I really expected more, you bring in 2 top rated QBs in Clausen & Suggs and return Matthews who was getting that "backup QB" hype. Not to mention both Henry/Stephens still on the roster it was Cedrick Wilson's senior season...Donte' Stallworth as a returning sophomore and Eric Parker entering his 3rd year.

8-3 with 2 losses to just okay LSU and Georgia teams was tough to swallow and some of the wins were way too close Southern Miss by 3, USCjr by 3, Memphis by 2, & Vandy by 2.
Those were the years Fulmer and Sanders made me apoplectic....one thing I am so thankful for, is that if Heupel can step on a teams neck...he is absolutely ruthless. Stupid Austin Peay better thank their lucky stars they are not on the schedule next year...I have a feeling Heupel would try and drop 80 on them.

I think we all know what happened here. Kiffin unwisely paid new guys, and guys with less acumen a whole lot more than they're paying Judkins.

This is why Heup spent the time and took care of our guys first and foremost. Imagine if we'd paid Staes more than we are paying Pearce and then told Pearce we weren't going to pay him more. He'd be gone.

Why on earth with 1 year before being able to go pro would Judkins leave Ole Miss?

SEC team that's got a pretty easy schedule next season ✅
You're -the guy- 274 carries as a FR, 271 as a SO ✅
On a team that is winning 8-5 as a FR, 11-2 as a SO ✅
Stability, Kiffin is getting paid and not going anywhere AND Dart should be back for his senior year ✅

Unless the kid just has no plans or desire to go to the NFL why on earth would you leave Ole Miss now with just a year before you're chasing real money as arguably the first RB taken?
Money. Not hard to understand.

i think we're not a position of determining that in Jan.....we need that kid to develop, so i'd expect he's going to get every opportunity to do so....really we need all of these sophomores or RS Freshemen that have some time in the program to step up this off season. barring some later additions to the OL...it seems like whatever we're going to get depth wise is coming from within. so, giddy up big boys....
Yes..I was just saying that to this point he has provided almost zilch...but they obviously saw something in him to sign him, so I would just like to see whatever it is they see for myself.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Why on earth with 1 year before being able to go pro would Judkins leave Ole Miss?

SEC team that's got a pretty easy schedule next season ✅
You're -the guy- 274 carries as a FR, 271 as a SO ✅
On a team that is winning 8-5 as a FR, 11-2 as a SO ✅
Stability, Kiffin is getting paid and not going anywhere AND Dart should be back for his senior year ✅

Unless the kid just has no plans or desire to go to the NFL why on earth would you leave Ole Miss now with just a year before you're chasing real money as arguably the first RB taken?

First four points are true.

But there are other places that can prepare for him for the NFL more so than Ole Miss can

Reactions: KptVFL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back