Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still need Olinemen from the portal, especially if Mincey is leaving... Plenty out there that would be as good or better than what we've got. No excuse not to grab one or two.

Plenty of DB/CB/S out there still, some jumping in as recent as today. We need at least 2--- No excuse not to go grab minimum one, maybe two.

While I still think we could use another WR based off the lack of development/unknown talent we have with the younger guys and we can see what happens if a few get hurt, I'd like to think the focus would still be on Oline/Secondary for the upcoming season. There are definitely skilled guys in the portal that fit our need, so we need to make the move.

We can see how bad injuries changed our game the second half of this season, so hopefully this staff learned we need backups/rotation guys. Heup doesn't have any excuses next season in year 4 if we are undermanned in a position group and it affects the W/L column. Too many kids in the portal that they could get.

For you stat guys, since ya'll have been debating Banks and our Defense this year, can anyone find out how many post snap penalties or holding calls were given to our opponent from the TAMU game through the bowl game? I bet it is insanely, conspiracy level, LOW.

Reactions: gainesvol82
How do you know you can count on players from the portal?
I think he is saying kind of what I was saying...that Karic has a history of not being reliable, and you can get a portal guy that does have a history of dependability.

It's not a big gripe...I just want to see him do SOMETHING since they spent resources to get him here.

I think he is saying kind of what I was saying...that Karic has a history of not being reliable, and you can get a portal guy that does have a history of dependability.

It's not a big gripe...I just want to see him do SOMETHING since they spent resources to get him here.

I get that. Just saying that they also had game film and got Karic from the portal last offseason.

Have you mentioned that a TE named Darnell Washington has admitted to taking money before NIL and that there's a possibility (extremely small though) that their 2-peat will be vacated?
I remember that apparently the difference in him coming here and GA was they said they'd provide daycare for his baby and employment for his baby-momma... and we just had McDonalds bags.

We still need Olinemen from the portal, especially if Mincey is leaving... Plenty out there that would be as good or better than what we've got. No excuse not to grab one or two.

Plenty of DB/CB/S out there still, some jumping in as recent as today. We need at least 2--- No excuse not to go grab minimum one, maybe two.

While I still think we could use another WR based off the lack of development/unknown talent we have with the younger guys and we can see what happens if a few get hurt, I'd like to think the focus would still be on Oline/Secondary for the upcoming season. There are definitely skilled guys in the portal that fit our need, so we need to make the move.

We can see how bad injuries changed our game the second half of this season, so hopefully this staff learned we need backups/rotation guys. Heup doesn't have any excuses next season in year 4 if we are undermanned in a position group and it affects the W/L column. Too many kids in the portal that they could get.

For you stat guys, since ya'll have been debating Banks and our Defense this year, can anyone find out how many post snap penalties or holding calls were given to our opponent from the TAMU game through the bowl game? I bet it is insanely, conspiracy level, LOW.
we are about to get the CB from Temple and an OL from Kansas

Last edited:
I’m sure he’s just looking to moove on over to greener pastures.

Gonna make some hay.

Going for the cheddar.

Will milk it for all it’s worth.

Alright, I’m done.

But that’s what I’m saying…”quitters” there should be some kind of penalty for transferring so they think twice about it…

Is that scaffolding or actually part of the new facade?
It looks like exterior sheething that goes under stucco. It's like drywall that's wrapped in yellow fiberglass. One of the most miserable jobs in the world--especially in the summer in the Southeast. Burning, itching, sweating...Almost always 30-70 feet in the air, hanging off the side of a building...

It's been decades and I still don't miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back