Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am saying is that players make coaches. Blaming a a coach for player performance is miss. guided. Bottomline, Banks has done a good job with what he’s had.
Great coaches can make average talent players, very good players. Bad coaches can make good players look bad. TBD on Banks

Honestly the S**tty part about it.the transfer portal gives these kids the upper hand over the coaches to demand whatever they want or they leave especially in our situation when they all know our depth situation makes it so much easier to do.
In Mincey's case, he should look to Baron and TMac. UT does not appreciate attempts to renegotiate terms that have been agreed to-- with players or recruits.

Not cut out for football
40c5e374-6418-4ee3-940f-001f6b03ece3_text.gif

Mincey always wants something-- a different position, guaranteed starting spot, more of this and more of that. UT just went through the dance with him... again. Either he's happy with what he agreed to or he'll green grass it elsewhere. Even with Mincey onboard, the most experienced backup is Dayne Davis.
More trouble than he’s worth if you ask me

Mincey always wants something-- a different position, guaranteed starting spot, more of this and more of that. UT just went through the dance with him... again. Either he's happy with what he agreed to or he'll green grass it elsewhere. Even with Mincey onboard, the most experienced backup is Dayne Davis.
why would anyone give that for such a mediocre player?

I thought the Kansas OL was an OG?

You're right, he played both G and T because of injuries.

After playing in 13 games with zero starts for KU in 2022, the native of DeSoto, Texas, became a regular starter at guard beginning with the second game of the 2023 season against Illinois, then slid over to right tackle in November and for the Guaranteed Rate Bowl due to an injury to Bryce Cabeldue.

He played 605 snaps in all with an offensive grade of 63.1 as evaluated by Pro Football Focus, including one memorable rep against Texas Tech lined up as a slot wide receiver — on a play he partially designed during camp — in which he went in motion and laid out a Red Raider linebacker with a high-intensity block.

Reed-Adams was in line to return as a starter next season. With the graduation of center Mike Novitsky, Reed-Adams and Kobe Baynes could have started at guard with Michael Ford Jr. moving in to center. Instead, KU may choose to more aggressively pursue an interior lineman in the transfer portal.

Reed-Adams is arguably the Jayhawks’ most significant offseason departure, and becomes the first player to leave following last week’s bowl game.

Let's be honest he'll probably rotate guard and tackle here too.

That’s why there’s importance on recruiting kids who believe in you and your program and buy into the culture and aren’t just paid mercenaries.
Very much this. The constant drone of "get the best talent no matter the cost" completely misses the unquantifiable damage to the team that is wrought by those whose money focus trumps all else.

And no I'm not saying that you shouldn't go for top tier talent and I'm not saying that you shouldn't pay well, but if that is the primary care-about, you will find yourself being ripped apart by the tyranny of teen-aged temper tantrums.

Do a fair valuation.
Be prepared to pay the fair market value.
Be content losing the mercs knowing that team stability is ultimately more important than the highest talent ranking, since the mercs may end up causing more trouble than they are worth.

IOW, good luck Kiffin. Live by the merc, die by the merc.

Why not? He's a star RB #1 on a team that just won 11 games with a lot of starters returning and an aggressive portal class with a weak schedule next year. Perfect position to increase his NFL value and compete for a playoff position and national title.

Why be greedy now and potentially cost yourself a lot of $ later? There are very few, if any, places with the set up Ole Miss has going into next year for a current star player.

Meh. I don't think going to the playoff does a thing to increase his value. If an extra game increased value you wouldn't see the obvious early round picks opting out of non-playoff bowl games.

Seems to me it's pretty simple and something that could be seen coming a mile away. Not 1 guy they have brought in is coming for free and now one of your best players has caught wind of how much some have been paid and feels underappreciated.

Huge portal hauls will be locker room destroyers!

The defense is no better than the day Banks got here, regardless of what metrics you point to. The d line is better. What's our best win?
Even if someone makes a sound argument you have made up your mind. That is what I call stout defense. ;)

Some of the common defense sucks rebuttals:
If it was better it was only the D line and Banks gets no credit.
Ratings don't matter only results.
Who have we beat?

Some of my answers.
UF 2022 - 38 to 33
UF 2023 - 16 to 29 ( if UT scores 38 we win)

AL 2022 - 52 to 49
AL 2023 - 20 to 34 (if UT scores 52 we call it a bloodbath)

Mizz 2022 - 66 to 24
Mizz 2023 - 7 to 36 ( this was a much better offense and also 7 points gtho)

UGA 2022 - 13 to 27
UGA 2023 - 10 to 38 ( I will give you this one)

My main point to all of you is you need to assign blame for lack of good wins where it is due: offense. Heupel built this team to be offense 1st then you expect Banks to carry the water for a team scoring 16 points? GTHO with that silliness. Second Heupel built this defense to be predatory that means the DL has to be best. We'd cry if it wasn't. Third criticize the zone coverage all you want there are fair questions there, but remember they can be better and the secondary be average and the offense not win. All things can be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back