Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Mincey's case, he should look to Baron and TMac. UT does not appreciate attempts to renegotiate terms that have been agreed to-- with players or recruits.

Assuming the other two were going back on what was already agreed upon?..not really surprised I think we will be in a much better spot once all of these Pruitt recruits are gone…so far Josh’s evaluations of players are much better than Pruitt’s

Honestly the S**tty part about it.the transfer portal gives these kids the upper hand over the coaches to demand whatever they want or they leave especially in our situation when they all know our depth situation makes it so much easier to do.
That is why culture and transparency is so important. I think our staff and Spyre are hand in hand on these things and that is part of what is making this transfer season relatively smooth for us. We kept who we wanted to keep. We made offers to those who left based on what we were willing to give them to stay, and they chose to leave. So the staff didn't consider them worth what they were asking and figured they already had a piece to replace them with or we could get someone just as good for the same or less. Little to no drama and our locker room doesn't get bent out of shape because we are paying mercenaries 3x what the guys that have been in the program are getting.

We are LONG OVERDUE
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

That is why culture and transparency is so important. I think our staff and Spyre are hand in hand on these things and that is part of what is making this transfer season relatively smooth for us. We kept who we wanted to keep. We made offers to those who left based on what we were willing to give them to stay, and they chose to leave. So the staff didn't consider them worth what they were asking and figured they already had a piece to replace them with or we could get someone just as good for the same or less. Little to no drama and our locker room doesn't get bent out of shape because we are paying mercenaries 3x what the guys that have been in the program are getting.

Thinking back on it…I think this is where Pruitt failed and that’s the difference between him and josh.he’s not going to pay just anyone like Pruitt was willing to

That's 🦬💩 and you know it. What's our best win? KY or A&M?
Our best win is any win! Have you suddenly forgotten the last 20 years? Let’s keep getting better and enjoy every single point scored in every single game we win!!! Not taking any of it for granted ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back